U2 rehearsals in Torino part VI: Full aug 3 update + aug 4 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say. I am happy. This setlist wins. And you know why?

NO SUCK IN A MOMENT! :yippie:

My biggest bitchmoment in the setlist is gone! GONE! Let it be for good. :up:

I know this is a very unpopular opinion around here, but I actually don't mind that song live. I love the harmonies. Can't say I'm sad to see it go, but I wouldn't have minded if it stayed.

I know this is a very unpopular opinion around here, but I actually don't mind that song live. I love the harmonies. Can't say I'm sad to see it go, but I wouldn't have minded if it stayed.

it still could be played on this leg

I hope they don't replace Miss Sarajevo. We need as many 90s songs as possible.

And what happened to Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World and Gone? Maybe by some miracle they'll still be played. :drool:

Gone may or may not have ever been rehearsed, TTYAATW might show up on Horsens, night two or something. I don't have any idea why U2 would waste a setlist slot on it, but whatevs.

I like it too, better than IALW at least but I'm not sad to see it go in favor of Miss Sarajevo which is pretty nifty song as well.

I hope they don't replace Miss Sarajevo. We need as many 90s songs as possible.

And what happened to Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World and Gone? Maybe by some miracle they'll still be played. :drool:

I wish people would stop expecting Gone. It HAS NOT BEEN REHEARSED. That report was FALSE. So don't get your hopes up in expecting it.

I could see TTTYAATW work instead of IALW or Miss Sarajevo, perhaps rotate with Miss Sarajevo and drop IALW for NLOTH? :hmm:

Cool, U2: Greatest Hits LIVE

Yes because, Magnificent, a BRAND new song in flowering rose, IALW, Miss Sarajevo, TUF, IGCIIDGCT, MLK, HTMTKMKM, and MOS are all greatest hits,

sometimes i just understand some people i really dont.

Final Setlist:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Magnificent
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Mysterious Ways
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6. The Flowering Rose of Glastonbury
7. Elevation
8. In A Little While
9. Miss Sarajevo
10. Until The End Of The World
11. The Unforgettable Fire
12. City Of Blinding Lights
13. Vertigo
14. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight / Discothèque (snippet)
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. MLK
17. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
--encore break--
18. One
19. Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
--encore break--
20. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
21. With or Without You
22. Moment of Surrender

the harmonies are about the only decent thing about this song live. I don't see anything good about the acoustic version.. But we're all entitled to our opinion ofcourse, I know plenty of people like the song live. I just can't get myself to do that.

Yes because, Magnificent, a BRAND new song in flowering rose, IALW, Miss Sarajevo, TUF, IGCIIDGCT, MLK, HTMTKMKM, and MOS are all greatest hits,

I can see that.

4860800065_0d6e8d390d.jpg

Don't like the setlist at all. Oh well, I'm not going to see another show in the near future anyway. I can't believe they keep playing songs like Elevation and In A Little While and drop NLOTH, Breathe and UC. (If this is going to be Fridays setlist).

Bringing back HMTMKMKM is a step in the right direction.

TUF is on a greatest hits, so is Miss Sarajevo, and HMTMKMKM. IALW has been played to death, MLK isn't even the full song, Positive MOS is still there and IGCIDGCT.

I could see TTTYAATW work instead of IALW or Miss Sarajevo, perhaps rotate with Miss Sarajevo and drop IALW for NLOTH? :hmm:

I'd *much* rather see TTTYAATW than Miss Sarajevo - the latter was cool on the Vertigo tour, but I don't think it should become a staple. And I think they'll keep IALW because of the damned astronaut video (I love the song, I'd just rather hear the real ending and not the astronaut).

Uhhhh..hasn't MLK been played in full all this tour? Or am I missing something?

I'd *much* rather see TTTYAATW than Miss Sarajevo - the latter was cool on the Vertigo tour, but I don't think it should become a staple. And I think they'll keep IALW because of the damned astronaut video (I love the song, I'd just rather hear the real ending and not the astronaut).

The astronaut video was actually before Miss Sarajevo tonight! So it could be switched out.

The setlist isn't half as bad as people are making out... First, there's no WAY they'd play the dream fanlist that we all have, you're not going to get Stateless, Gone, Gloria, Mofo, Super Duper Adam in a kingdom of Fire mixed with Larry and a spinning head...

BUT :drool:

Think if this was produced at the start of the tour, what would the opinion be then?

TUF!! its still there!
HMTMKMKM!! :heart:
Crazy remix!
Magnificent!
MOS!!
Miss Sarajevo - last tour everyone went nuts for it!

We're getting a new song too! How many people wanted them to be brave and step forward with new material? :hyper:

Not so much greatest hits... at the end of the day, they wrote those songs too :reject:

for seemingly every one good decision, there is one bad one. everyone i guess is happy then! :wink:

TUF is on a greatest hits, so is Miss Sarajevo, and HMTMKMKM. IALW has been played to death, MLK isn't even the full song, Positive MOS is still there and IGCIDGCT.

Wow your really being serious aswell, how on earth is TUF and miss sarajevo a greatest hit?, how has IALW been played to death? it has only featured on 2 tours, and then not even every show, and they play elevation because the casuals in the stadium go mad to it, simple.

To break this down a bit statistically:

Nineteen songs on this set were played in Norman/Phoenix/Las Vegas/Pasadena/Vancouver. Three songs were added (Flowering Rose, Miss Sarajevo, HMTMKMKM); five were dropped (Breathe, NLOTH, Unknown Caller, Stuck in a Moment, Ultraviolet).

Breakdown by album:
No Line on the Horizon: 4
All That You Can't Leave Behind: 4
Achtung Baby: 3
The Joshua Thee: 3
The Unforgettable Fire: 2
How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb: 2
War: 1
Original Soundtracks 1: 1
Non-Album Tracks: 1
Unreleased Tracks: 1

Status