September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another secret show poster here--got seats (section 130) instead of GA knowing that it was highly doubtful I would get as close as I did in Somerville.

Glad you got tickets! :up:

I was even closer when I did GA back in December '05.Was in the balcony for Somerville-not complaining though! Still had a good view(it was like being in the balcony of a high school auditorium), and even if my seats were on the roof I still would have been thrilled. :lol:

After being so close for the show I went to, seats would be a letdown for me personally.

...I was able to get right up to the stage in Somerville (in front on Adam) and really struggled with deciding to go with seats or GA for Sept. For me I think section 130 will be better than potentially standing way back in GA looking at the back of people's heads! Now if it was an arena I would have done GA for sure!

...I was able to get right up to the stage in Somerville (in front on Adam) and really struggled with deciding to go with seats or GA for Sept. For me I think section 130 will be better than potentially standing way back in GA looking at the back of people's heads! Now if it was an arena I would have done GA for sure!

If you line up all day(not sure if you would be able to), you would either be in the crabshack or on the outer rail. :yes:

Should you change your mind, I'm sure you could either sell the tickets and buy GA's or do a trade. :up: Either way, you'll enjoy the show I'm sure.

With a 3+ hour drive an all day camp out is not an option. Trust me, I've tried to figure it all out. I think our seats are good--there's a pair in the same section listed on Ebay for $1800! No matter what this is going to be a great show!

This is my first U2 show too! I've been waiting to see them for so long. I absolutely cannot wait for September, its so far away! I'm so happy I got GA's too! haha now that I have tickets though I'm already starting to think about how early I should get there...any rough estimate times, if I want to be in the first few rows?

I'm hoping they add a second show though, because even though I probably can't afford to buy another pair of tickets, I work security for Gillette Stadium, so hopefully I can just work during the concert (aka just stand there and pretend to be an attentive usher but really watch the show, and have them pay me for watching it! :wink: )

I work security for Gillette Stadium, so hopefully I can just work during the concert (aka just stand there and pretend to be an attentive usher but really watch the show, and have them pay me for watching it! :wink: )

:ohmy: are they hiring??? :lol:

Congrats on your first show! :cute:

Just bought 2 tickets and will be flying in from San Francisco! Sitting in section 120. I'm having faith that the stage is truly unobstructed and that we'll get a good, close view.

Omg we're so excited. Its gonna be me and my wife's 1st U2 show. Its like a 5-6 hour drive from montreal but we dont care. We're going to head there on the saturday and sleep in a hotel somewhere then line up early morning sunday... Any hotel suggestion in the area ? Not too far away cause we would like to get a cab from the hotel to the stadium =)

Thanks!

Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, on my birth day, Beautiful day, BEAUTIFUL DAY, for me anyhow :hyper:

(im actually turning 37 on sep 20th)

Psyched for Boston this will be my 3rd time seeing them. Can't wait for September to come. My buddy sniggirb and I are coming down from Nova Scotia. We have seats in Section 123

Also got 4 GA's and this will be my first show too!! Cannot wait, I am soo excited!:heart::heart:

After you have done GA, you hve to do GA everytime
Not with your 60 year old mother.

Seats in section 120, hope Bono wasn't lying about back of the stage being good.

And panicked in the presale so I've got 1GA too (before I found the decent seats) which I'll be trying to trade...see signature, ha.

I'm in! 2 GAs! Going with a friend of mine who's a U2 live virgin... :hyper:
I'm a GA virgin though, and I want to line up early! But I know she's not going to be interested in lining up early, so I might have to do it solo.

Does anyone know if they'll allow us to bring a foldable chair just while we wait in line outside? Never lined up for GA before!

Anyone else go with 57 dollar tier? It's back there, but it looks like a great view of the whole stage without any Claws in the way and Gillette is small and I have row 1 anyways. Not to mention, the catwalk crosses the 50 yard line

SMB

I'm in! 2 GAs! Going with a friend of mine who's a U2 live virgin... :hyper:
I'm a GA virgin though, and I want to line up early! But I know she's not going to be interested in lining up early, so I might have to do it solo.

Does anyone know if they'll allow us to bring a foldable chair just while we wait in line outside? Never lined up for GA before!

You can bring that stuff, just through it back in the car in the afternoon.

I'm going to have to see what their policy is on bags and stuff. I need to have a pocketbook with my to carry around things I need to control my diabetes(meter, extra infusion set for my pump, stuff to keep my sugar up, etc.)

I'm going to have to see what their policy is on bags and stuff. I need to have a pocketbook with my to carry around things I need to control my diabetes(meter, extra infusion set for my pump, stuff to keep my sugar up, etc.)

I'm sure with a medical note you will be fine. They can't expect you not to take things that are vital to your health. Make sure you get something in writing though, so if someone on the gate questions you, you can show them you have it confirmed that it is ok. :hug:

:kiss:

You can bring that stuff inside. I agree with Jem though, better be safe and get a note

I have never been to Gillette before, but I hear it's a really small stadium, so everyone should be close. I also hear they have a few differeny McD's... Think they'll all be open inside for the show? Good way to pass the time between SP and U2. I would have already been to Gillette cause I am seeing a concert there in July. When I go in July, I am gonna try and see if I can take a look at my seats for the U2 show.

SMB

I have never been to Gillette before, but I hear it's a really small stadium, so everyone should be close.
SMB

I've never been to Gillette before either, but I actually hear the opposite of what you've heard. I hear it's an enormous stadium, with a capacity of something like 85,000. And I think I saw one guy's post said watching from the upper tier is like "watching from the heavens". Dunno how true that is... :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom