October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Eyed Peas :down:

I don't care much about the opener, but I really don't like them. Oh well.

hmmm that is what is says for Horizon members. For Breathe TM says

Presale Begins: Wednesday prior to public onsale at 10AM EDT; 9AM CDT; 8AM MDT; 7AM MST/PDT

So, 7am right, or am I reading wrong???

Nicv, I'm with you. I think for the first day sale, Horizon, it's local to venue, which for LA would be 10am PST. However, for the second day, Breathe and Boots, the presale starts at 7am PST for Breathe, then the Boots people can come in later that day.

Someone please help me!!!! I haven't gotten a pre-sale notice for L.A. yet, and the U2.com website doesn't even show this date yet. Where was it announced? Is the presale really tomorrow. I'M FREAKING!!!! I've been away from the 'puter all weekend. Will someone please PM me with some info? Thanks. ACK!!!!!!!

Zooey, are you going to try to go to the LA show? I'll be there! We should try to get together. That will be great! :hyper:

Bep

When I heard that the Black Eyed Peas were one of the acts opening for U2 on this tour, I had a feeling the LA show would be one of those shows. I'm not wild about them either. I want a rock band opening for a rock band. The opener could always change, but I bet that'll be who we get.

Nicv, I'm with you. I think for the first day sale, Horizon, it's local to venue, which for LA would be 10am PST. However, for the second day, Breathe and Boots, the presale starts at 7am PST for Breathe, then the Boots people can come in later that day.

:hi5: No matter what, I plan on being ready at 7am Wed!!!!

Can't wait to hear how it goes for everyone tomorrow! Good Luck Horizon people :up:

When I heard that the Black Eyed Peas were one of the acts opening for U2 on this tour, I had a feeling the LA show would be one of those shows. I'm not wild about them either. I want a rock band opening for a rock band. The opener could always change, but I bet that'll be who we get.

A rock band would be nice, lol, what about Damien Marley? We had him in Oakland and Vegas.....that poor guy waving the flag must have had to ice his arm later each night. :p

We had Marley in L.A. It was alright. I'd much rather see Muse though, especially in a stadium the size of the Rose Bowl :drool:

muse has always been on my go see list. but if the black eyed peas are who we're stuck with then i hope ill get over it. im sure once i hear "hey mama" ill start shakin my money maker. lol

;-) I'll be right there with you! Just because I don't voluntarily listen to their music doesn't mean I won't dance to it! I would like to see an opening band that I actually like for once...I've been to 4 or 5 different tours and have never been really excited about the opener. Someday...

U2

Yeah, but its that band called U2 that comes after them, I think they might be worth "busting your ass" for tickets. :p

Bottom line they could have anyone open for them, I'm there to see U2. I wish I had a different opener, but it doesn't matter. As long as U2 will be there, that's all that matters.

Yay it's official! I just wish the presale was next week as I just bought a car, and as such am a smidge strapped for cash. As a grizzled Rose Bowl veteran, for football games, if anyone needs advice on transportation and parking I am happy to oblige.

I did cringe when I saw the opening act, but I've heard they put on a good show.

Yay it's official! I just wish the presale was next week as I just bought a car, and as such am a smidge strapped for cash. As a grizzled Rose Bowl veteran, for football games, if anyone needs advice on transportation and parking I am happy to oblige.

I did cringe when I saw the opening act, but I've heard they put on a good show.

OK. how's the parking, camping, nearby bathrooms, etc....

Getting to the Rose Bowl can be a bit tricky as it's nestled in an arroyo. I recommend taking the 134 or 210 into the stadium and avoid the 110 at all costs.

Parking at the Rose Bowl is on a golf course and stacked which means you have to may have to wait awhile after the concert to even get out. I actually recommend bringing some food and drink with you and tailgating after the show which will let traffic die down a bit before you leave. The other option is using Parsons garage in Old Town Pasadena which is usually free with a shuttle, or a long walk (1 mile). Or just taking the Metro in, again using the shuttle.
There are numerous bathrooms and even at a big football game with 93k they usually not super duper crowded, but getting in and out of the the seats is a pain as there is 1 tunnel per section so again, be prepared to wait a while after the show to exit. I swear, I never want to be at that stadium if there was ever a need to evacuate.

As for camping, for Football they don't open the lots until early that morning, thus no camping. I'm not sure what will happen for a concert, as that is the one kind of event I've never attended at the Rose Bowl. The area is pretty safe, it's in a fairly ritzy neighborhood, so If you are able to park early, no worries.

I wish they would do like DM did and make it a multi-billed event and really worth the $ and effort of being in such a large venue. When DM played the Rose Bowl in '88 they had: Wire, Thomas Dolby, O.M.D. and Depeche. Now that's a show worthy of Rose Bowl sized proportions! NOT Black-Eyed Peas. :down:

Still, I'm going to see the lads, so . . . :shrug: I'll be trying for GAs on Monday. I let my u2.com membership lapse a couple years ago.

As for camping, for Football they don't open the lots until early that morning, thus no camping. I'm not sure what will happen for a concert, as that is the one kind of event I've never attended at the Rose Bowl. The area is pretty safe, it's in a fairly ritzy neighborhood, so If you are able to park early, no worries.

Thanks for the great info. If they don't do camping for games, I am guessing they probably won't do for concerts, we shall see.

One more question, how early do they open the lots?

I guess it's Black Eyed Peas opening for sure as that what is being advertised by radio stations. We might get NLOTH II live then :hmm:

This all makes me so stressed. :crack:

Yah they put on a decent show,although I think they would be better as a opening act as opposed to when I saw them as headliners(my friend dragged me along).However looking at Fergie for an hour cant be a bad thing.Im there to see U2 anyways.Speaking of being there I am going to go for sure somehow someway I will be there.Would be interested in meeting up with some LA fans as well when I'm there.

I heard about this on Jack FM today, they're doing a contest or something to win tickets.

I just want to buy them. I think the presale goes on tomorrow????

Is it wrong to give out presale codes? I'd like to get tickets for this show badly since I never seen U2 live.

This all makes me so stressed. :crack:

:hug: Just tell me, because I'm mathematically challenged: Horizon members can purchase at 10 am LOCAL VENUE TIME tomorrow. Does that mean I try at 1 pm EST (here on the East Coast), comet??? :reject:

And :angry: didn't anybody get my memo that of Montreal would be an ace opening band? An eyeliner extravaganza! :sigh:

:hug: Just tell me, because I'm mathematically challenged: Horizon members can purchase at 10 am LOCAL VENUE TIME tomorrow. Does that mean I try at 1 pm EST (here on the East Coast), comet??? :reject:

:wink: yes it does...dont worry, time zones are always tricky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom