June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you feel comfortable being an hour away from a GA line? You sure you want to do that the night before the show? :wink:

Give yourself the day after second show.

I'm going to be screwed most likely and have to work. Was hoping for a nice dinner / drink gathering for a few hours the night before. :hmm:

i really hope they add a second show so that we can do the crazy GA-day madness for the first show and then go into town and do touristy stuff and get drunk for day 2.

Bonfire idea sounds awesome. Another option would be a pub / restaurant crawl along College Ave., in the Rockridge neighborhood of North Oakland. It's a safe area, with great bars and pubs (including an Irish one!), yummy restaurants, and a great vibe. There's also a BART (subway) station right there, too - so transport would be easy for out of town folks. It'd also be a nice way to do an event in the city that's hosting the concert.

And I don't have a link, but I will *swear* that I read somewhere credible that Bono was spotted walking along College Ave., back when U2 was in town for the Vertigo tour. So it's got that going for it too - the Bono coolness factor, lol.

Is it June yet? :drool:

I lived on the Great Highway for 26 years it's foggy and cold most June nights, but the Air is fresh...

I lived on Lincoln and 7th for a couple years (and then in the Richmond for a couple years after that) - I remember how cold summers are, and yeah, it might be a bit stressful to be on the other side of the bay the night before the show for the GA'ers. But I just LOVE that beach.

But yeah, maybe staying more in the Oakland area (or Berkeley?) might be a better idea.

I lived on Lincoln and 7th for a couple years (and then in the Richmond for a couple years after that) - I remember how cold summers are, and yeah, it might be a bit stressful to be on the other side of the bay the night before the show for the GA'ers. But I just LOVE that beach.

But yeah, maybe staying more in the Oakland area (or Berkeley?) might be a better idea.

Berkeley = Blondie's Pizza! So good. Old stomping ground for me. Jealous I can't make this show.

i really hope they add a second show so that we can do the crazy GA-day madness for the first show and then go into town and do touristy stuff and get drunk for day 2.

If a second show is added, I'm gonna go at it the opposite way. Easy on day 1. Hardcore on day 2. As I hope/think GA line up will be less crazy the 2nd day.

Bonfire idea sounds awesome. Another option would be a pub / restaurant crawl along College Ave., in the Rockridge neighborhood of North Oakland. It's a safe area, with great bars and pubs (including an Irish one!), yummy restaurants, and a great vibe. There's also a BART (subway) station right there, too - so transport would be easy for out of town folks. It'd also be a nice way to do an event in the city that's hosting the concert.

College Avenue is very nice indeed!

I lived on 47th and Santiago. I remember one year Herb Caen (SF Chron) wrote that the sunset district saw no sun what-so-ever for 38 days in 1978. After all those years the fog began to give me the SAD's. I love anywhere in SF. Ocean beach on a Indian summer days is unbelievable. I live in Napa now. Very Warm and Cold. Little if any fog. :up:

I don't think GA in Oakland would be too much fun for me. ( I know why it's great for others:love:) Been there done that. I just don't like that stadium.(It's another Candlestick) I'm jazzed as I got good seats and it's U2.....

Dont they usually add shows the day after?

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are lame for shows. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom