June 03, 2010 - Rice Eccles Stadium SALT LAKE CITY, UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That campus is huge! Both the stadium and University Guest House are on the same campus and they're still a mile and a half apart... Stadium is only a little over 2 and a half miles from downtown...

That campus is huge! Both the stadium and University Guest House are on the same campus and they're still a mile and a half apart... Stadium is only a little over 2 and a half miles from downtown...

There is a TRAX (light rail) stop not far from the University Guest House. Take TRAX two stops and you'll be at the stadium. 5 minute trip. Going back to the Guest House after the show may be another matter, though.

FYI, the Guest House is at the "Fort Douglas" stop on this map:

http://www.rideuta.com/ridinguta/routeMapImage.aspx?abbreviation=702&signup=94

Also, regarding your "2 miles from downtown" comment... I surely hope you don't plan on walking to the Stadium from downtown. The University is on a mountainside and downtown is, well, downtown. You'd be in for quite a climb should you want to walk it. TRAX is definitely the way to go if you want to take public transportation.

Michael

Nope, not planning to walk, I was just saying that as comparison because that University is darn huge...I'm taking the TRAX. :)

There is a TRAX (light rail) stop not far from the University Guest House. Take TRAX two stops and you'll be at the stadium. 5 minute trip. Going back to the Guest House after the show may be another matter, though.

I'm not following your comment, does that mean we cannot take TRAX back from the stadium to the Guest House? Or are you just commenting on the fact that it won't take 5 minutes for the trip back because there will be a bazillion of people after the concert trying to get on TRAX?

Oh and thanks a lot for the map! I also got confused trying to figure out which map on rideuta.com for the light rail system...

I thought I saw a light rail station near Marriott University Park on Googlemap. Although it may not be the same line that goes to the stadium, but I thought there's one to take us to downtown... It doesn't seem like it from the system map.

I have a ride to the gig. I won't say with whom, but let's just say that it's a person most of you probably hate with a passion that's too intense to really quantify.

<>

is it.....

bono%20bush%20pp.jpg

or maybe

bono.jpg

:sexywink:

By the way, what makes Bono impersonators so bad? They can't be any bigger of liars than the real thing.

I'm not following your comment, does that mean we cannot take TRAX back from the stadium to the Guest House? Or are you just commenting on the fact that it won't take 5 minutes for the trip back because there will be a bazillion of people after the concert trying to get on TRAX?

Oh and thanks a lot for the map! I also got confused trying to figure out which map on rideuta.com for the light rail system...

I thought I saw a light rail station near Marriott University Park on Googlemap. Although it may not be the same line that goes to the stadium, but I thought there's one to take us to downtown... It doesn't seem like it from the system map.

You can definitely take TRAX back up to the Guest House after the show. It looks like the last pickup at the Stadium is at 11:32 PM, though. Either way, it's not too long of a walk. But I agree--it may take more than 5 minutes to get back to the hotel. :)

There's no light rail station near Marriott University Park. Bus, maybe, but not light rail.

Michael

After the Dallas show me and my posse walked from Jerry World to Humperdinks which is literally right next to Six Flags. I dont think we were the only ones that did that, and it was well over a mile ......and there was a lot of fog.

yep - I also remember the post-show dehydration - DYING for water, stopping at the first restaurant we could find. But yeah, it was cold and dark and damp when we arrived at 6am and it was cold and dark and damp when we left.

I will never, ever forget the death march out of the Stadium after Barcelona 1 this past tour. I was in the Ga line from 6am on, and it was like 95 degrees F most of the day. Then me and 80,000 of my best friends left the venue at once. The streets were clogged with people, and, I had no energy left, at all. Had no idea where I was going, the metro was closed down for the night and I more or less just stumbled around the area. There's more to this story, but let's just say that I got on a bus over one hour after the gig, still dying for some water, fell asleep on the bus and woke up in some suburb at 2:30am. Good times.

/non-sequitur

Good thing Fritz and Hans were there to pick you up on their scooter, Euro-Trash.

yep - I also remember the post-show dehydration - DYING for water, stopping at the first restaurant we could find. But yeah, it was cold and dark and damp when we arrived at 6am and it was cold and dark and damp when we left.

we were too, but we drank beer and other adult beverages instead. Funny that you got there at 6am and we got there like 10 hours later and still got into the coveted pit. We went to Humperdinks before the show and had dinner and drinks, barely made the bus over to the stadium from the hotel. Standing in line was a buzz kill but luckily we got in line and it started moving pretty quickly.

Garry's Son, if I see you in SLC, I will shout, "Hey Garry's Son, it's me, Mr. Belvedere!" at the top of my lungs repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom