July 3rd 2010 Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's absolutely a riot. U2 is having a concert during Pride Week?

Well, folks, that might explain precisely why the hotels are all booked. This is a huge attraction!

I thought that too when I saw that post, but there are rooms available at Skydome Friday night, and there are also lots of rooms at other hotels within a block or two of Skydome that are readily available for Saturday night.

I don't know. It's a puzzle, that's for sure.

Eta - how cool that the show is being held during Pride Week! Doesn't Toronto have the second biggest Pride celebration in the world?

If you stay in town.....the next biggest party (compared to the U2 show) also hits Toronto.

The Gay Pride Parade.....

(honestly....the festivities are the only major time where you can really party in the streets of Toronto)

The Parade is the 4th.
Toronto’s 30th Annual Pride Parade :: Pride Week 2010 - June 25th to July 4th

They Dyke March is the 3rd.
Dyke March :: Pride Week 2010 - June 25th to July 4th

I'm a straight guy...but me and my crew go every year!

AWESOME :hi5:

I just checked, there isn't anything for the Sunday night, either, so it can't be entirely because of the U2 crowd.

Isn't downtown TO usually a ghost town on summer long weekends? Or as close to a ghost town as it ever gets, anyway?

I still find it very doubtful that hundreds (thousands?) of people making plans for July 1st weekend 2010 would think to themselves the year before, "hey, let's stay at Skydome hotel! We'll reserve a room now!" Doesn't make sense to me.

There's either some other huge event going on that I'm not aware of that's booked the hotel, or they're holding the rooms for now, and they'll be releasing them later.

Sorry if I sound like a conspiracy theorist. :reject: :lol: It just makes no sense whatsoever that they'd be sold out of rooms just a couple of hours after the initial announcement.

I made my reservations last night at the Intercontinental. We stayed there last month and it was nice and close.

If you stay in town.....the next biggest party (compared to the U2 show) also hits Toronto.

The Gay Pride Parade.....

(honestly....the festivities are the only major time where you can really party in the streets of Toronto)

The Parade is the 4th.
Toronto’s 30th Annual Pride Parade :: Pride Week 2010 - June 25th to July 4th

They Dyke March is the 3rd.
Dyke March :: Pride Week 2010 - June 25th to July 4th

I'm a straight guy...but me and my crew go every year!

So fun I love gay pride :cool:

why can't U2 ever have a concert in Toronto when there isn't some sort of huge event going on?

there will always be something going on but i agree, during pride is perhaps the worst time in the summer....given the saturday concert, i really wonder if there is going to just be one extra concert...pure speculation on my part or wishful thinking....

BIG SIGH>>>>>>>

4 GA's here. Even with a magnificant code. Me thinks this pre-sale caught many off gaurd for GA's to be around still...

Yay, good for you!

I couldn't even try for mine till a half hour after my presale started this morning, and I got through just fine. I think that a lot of people either didn't resubscribe this time around and are trying their luck in the general sale (which bodes well for getting them that way), or they're going to try to grab tickets through other means closer to the show date.

I had the flu, yes yes the piggy one. I get well yesterday and im back sweethearts.
I hadto miss the metallica show casue i didnt have the energy for it was still receovering.
Cant wait for the 2nd novemember to buy my tickets. not sure if i want to do GA again i feel weak thinking about it

given how you could get into the pit right up until about 7, this time i plan to go around 5 and try to get a little closer to the middle but still in the pit. hoping the same rocking place as was the case for TO2...and will try to sneak in the D90 this time....

given how you could get into the pit right up until about 7, this time i plan to go around 5 and try to get a little closer to the middle but still in the pit. hoping the same rocking place as was the case for TO2...and will try to sneak in the D90 this time....

That sounds about right for what you probably need to do - I got there just after 6:00 and was only about 3 deep on Adam's side, but the centre was really packed.

I still can't believe I got 2 GA's today - didn't expect it at all!

It's my city...and I don't mind sitting and meeting other U2 heads. Also it will be July. Glad the GA posse will be deep with interferencers. See you on tour in July. Also planning MTL, Philly or Chicago, and Michigan. It's an exciting time to see U2 in the summer....

....and you're a teacher :wave:

As long as i can get the time off work :pray:

:yes: :hyper:

Keep me posted! It could influence my decision.

At the moment, I'd say the order of likelihood for shows for me are:

1. Toronto (duh)
2. East Lansing (easy to get to, and cheap accommodations)
3. Chicago and Montreal are tied, but you could push Chicago over the top :sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom