2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dates are definitely bogus (at least in part), no way would there be only three days in between a theoretical Chile show and a theoretical Guadalajara show, the distance is way too much for trucks to cover that in that time, even with two drivers. Mexico City will open the N. American leg and will likely be the only Mexican stop...

Here's what I think will happen...
Either in late April or early November
Sao PauloX3
RioX1
Buenos AX3
SantiagoX2
PeruX1
ColumbiaX1

Mexico CityX2 May 30/31

they should also play but probably wont..
MonterreyX1
GadalujaraX1

I don't think they'll go to Peru or Colombia.

It used to be that South American tours, by any band, only included Brazil, Argentina and Chile. However in the last few years, if you look at others band's tour schedules, Colombia and Peru have recently become stops for a lot of bands. I think it's possible U2 would include them.

It used to be that South American tours, by any band, only included Brazil, Argentina and Chile. However in the last few years, if you look at others band's tour schedules, Colombia and Peru have recently become stops for a lot of bands. I think it's possible U2 would include them.

Out of curiosity, what is the population of the big cities in Columbia and Peru (Bogota and Lima?)?

Out of curiosity, what is the population of the big cities in Columbia and Peru (Bogota and Lima?)?

Their metro areas are both around 8.5 million. Lima's population ranks fifth in Latin America behind São Paulo, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, and Rio de Janeiro and Bogota is very close behind. Both have bigger populations than Santiago. I think the lack of tours hitting those two cities probably had more to do with cultural and economic differences than population, but that's been changing.

yes, it's been changing... but I really don't think so for Colombia... MAYBE Peru, but that makes the Argentin and Chile shws suffer...

I want 2 here in Santiago, dammit :angry:

I don't disagree with that, but it doesn't change my opinion that U2 won't go to either Peru or Colombia with 360.

Can someone direct link me to one of the stadium pics with the Claw in it? The map thingies from u2.com. I need the original u2.com link but I can't find them anymore.. that way we could figure out whether some of the rumours hold truth.

What rumoured EU dates do we have left btw? :hmm:

Zurich,
Split?

I think that's it. Although there is space for more, I don't know if all gaps will be filled.. Probably for some locastions they expected to sell a 2nd date? Torino for example. But I don't know that will happen, given the very slow sale. Maybe that's why tehy waited with Zurich? they can fit it in the schedule wherever they want I suppose...

I think the only possible show that may get a second date will be Moscow, but I guess we will see this friday when it goes on sale to the public.

Hmm, pretty interesting announcement on Zootopia regarding Mexico from one of the admins.

Zootopia

The official word about any possible México shows is:

there is no truth to the rumour that any Mexican show dates will go on sale this year.

Please check U2.com for official word on any possible future U2 360 shows

So I guess Moscow is the last sale for the year?

Well, January isn't far away ...

Yep.... the update so far is that many of them have already gone back to work, they just wrote down their names on a list and are supposed to go back...but there are some others still lining up :|

You are not going to believe this, but there are more than a hundred people lining up in Azteca Stadium already! :doh:

It's going to be a looong wait 'til January.....

:huh:

omg, are you serious? the newspaper that reported the on-sale date should've double-checked their facts, they caused a lot of people grief.

omg, are you serious? the newspaper that reported the on-sale date should've double-checked their facts, they caused a lot of people grief.

Yes, but the strange thing is that most of he people in there were already aware that no official dates have even been announced so far (per a friend of mine who went to the Stadium and was talking to them).... :|

Another friend of mine who lives near the Azteca Stadium just said that all of them have left the building by now....maybe they just knew about the Baja-girl post in u2.com ("rumors about ticket sales for Mexico this year are not true")

God bless pre-sale codes :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom