Hey! MW is sounding pretty good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'm sorry but if the Edge is missing out the solo, they are sleepwalking! It was the very thing which made the song so special live, especially when Bono scat in falsetto over it.

Well the issue is that the band is adding nothing new to the studio version- we've lost the intro over successive tours- to lose the outro, especially when it was so beautifully played, is a real shame.

From the clip I heard on Youtube, it sounded good with Bono's new voice, but not as awesome as Zoo TV. On the other hand, this is one of my favourite U2 songs and I've not seen it live yet so I am absolutely FUCKING PLEASED they will play it at one of my shows.

I saw them yesterday in Nice, Mysterious Ways was a huge surprise for me and it really went well with the crowd. I didn't miss the solo, it came to my mind after the concert that the solo was missing, and in a way I'm disappointed that they didn't play it, but during the concert I was totally euphoric. Also, the band seemed to enjoy performing it. One felt a bit tired, WOWY was the low point of the concert in my opinion, but Mysterious Ways was absolutely great.

solo must come back. Not sure why they threw it away unless edge isn't confident he can play it anymore.....which is a bit absurd.

One of the best Edge solos around.

WOWY needs to be thrown away now. They haven't played it properly since R&H.

I like the song a lot, but was actually kind of happy that it wasn't in the first few shows. I'm hoping they rotate it in and out - I could live perfectly happily without hearing it live on this tour.

But if they play it, I'll live, I'm sure. :)

solo must come back. Not sure why they threw it away unless edge isn't confident he can play it anymore.....which is a bit absurd.

One of the best Edge solos around.

WOWY needs to be thrown away now. They haven't played it properly since R&H.

amen...no more "radio edit" versions of MW and WOWY...I just feel that these songs on this tour have little energy and kind of an "autopilot" feel. Just my opinion, and I know some people LOVE how these songs have been played...:shrug: Agreeing to disagree is a virtue...

If "radio edit" versions means that I get to hear shorter versions of songs I wish they'd drop anyway, I guess that's a step in the right direction.

Maybe next tour, they'll just do snippets of them before they drop them completely on the tour after that.

;)

It isn't half as bad as I expected it to be, especially the ending (which retains some of the feel of the previous live versions, thanks to that great riff), but it's a crime not to include the solo. Probably the biggest WTF on this tour. In fact, how many real kick-ass long rocking Edge solos are there in the set? Bullet, The Fly and Until the End of the World are long gone. Sure, there's not many more, and I can only think of Unknown Caller (in the set), but that one, although not being bad at all, doesn't come close to these three monsters.

And no, I don't put Moment of Surrender/Magnificent/Breathe or even Sunday Bloody Sunday into my list of long kick-ass rocking Edge solos, as nice as they are. They're more like a "sweet chiming Edge interlude" category.

The only possible reason I could think of as to why they would exclude the MW solo is the fact that they are keeping it really close to the album versions this time. Hence the back-to-basics version of Sunday Bloody Sunday, the drumming beginning immediately in I Still Haven't Found and the conga intro in Mysterious Ways.

The only possible reason I could think of as to why they would exclude the MW solo is the fact that they are keeping it really close to the album versions this time. Hence the back-to-basics version of Sunday Bloody Sunday, the drumming beginning immediately in I Still Haven't Found and the conga intro in Mysterious Ways.

Makes sense to me.

In fact, how many real kick-ass long rocking Edge solos are there in the set? Bullet, The Fly and Until the End of the World are long gone. Sure, there's not many more, and I can only think of Unknown Caller (in the set), but that one, although not being bad at all, doesn't come close to these three monsters.

Dunno if you've seen the show yet, but Unknown Caller was bar-none the new song that worked best live, and after seeing it live, I'm convinced that in time, this will be regarded as one of the top three greatest Edge solos ever.

YouTube - U2 Mysterious Ways, Paris 2009-07-12

Seriously, I don't know what the whole fuzz is all about ... sounds like a very good version to me, I'm not really missing the solo at the end, in fact I'm glad they're not dragging the song out too long. Sounds more like the album version to me. I've also just listened to the Nice version and Bono's doing a fine falsetto there. Nothing to complain about, at least not on my part. The only thing I'd like to see is them being on the bridges more. They move around and are cool and all, but the band members need to go more on the catwalk and on the bridges. MW would be a great song to do that, it deserves some dancing around on the catwalk!

10.000 times better than the 360 version. So yeah the 360 version is crap imo.

It is not really "fair" in one sense to compare the versions that were played right after the album drops with later live versions.

The new songs are fresh and the most potent (generally) for the band during the tour following the album...

Back
Top Bottom