Best of the tour so far...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad

Dublin 3

actually, most of Dublin 3. best recording i've heard so far- closest to soundboard that i've ever heard an audience recording.

if I had to pick one, I would go with NLOTH from Dublin 3. all three guitars are crystal clear and distinguishable. I love when you can actually hear them playing off each other, like 4 guys in a garage.

Ultraviolet in Nice sounded just as good as when the band performed it during the Zoo Tv tour.

Sorry, peer pressure :p

Just kidding mate.

I wish Nice was a better quality recording, because the show did sound very good

Elevation was great in Gelsenkirchen, very energetic, audience very much into it and couldn't stop singing the Whoo Hoos, which led Bono to start the song again after they finished and do another verse a capella. We loved it :up:

given that we will likely get soundboard of 2 of the next 4 shows (and possibly 3 of the next 4), I am PRAYING YBR and DM show up in at least one each.

Can imagine there will be somedecent tapers at Wembly too, incase it doesn't show up

given that we will likely get soundboard of 2 of the next 4 shows (and possibly 3 of the next 4), I am PRAYING YBR and DM show up in at least one each.

Can imagine there will be somedecent tapers at Wembly too, incase it doesn't show up

2 or 3 of 4? Where are the non-Sheffield ones coming from?

I don't want to open a separate thread for this but I just want to say that I truly appreciate Moment of Surrender and feel it gets better and better every show. I know there was some doubt and complaints about MOS being the show closer but having been there I think it is a really good choice for the last song. It's a really deep, spiritual and magical moment and Bono is so much into it. If you're in front of the stage you can totally watch his expression and body language when he sings it and there is a certain feeling of perfect exhaustion and of real surrender during this song. Vocally, it's amazing, even if Bono's voice is starting to sound hoarse or tired, but I feel this even adds to the magic. It really left a lasting impression, at least for me.

My U2-Leg 1 bootleg setlist

I downloaded all the bootlegs from U2start and built my own setlist over the past couple of months. My criteria for what constituted the "best version" of something was sound quality of the bootleg and uniqueness compared with other recordings. That's why, even though I'm sure the New years Day from Poland was the best on this leg, it just didn't translate in audio.

My rule was that I could not put a song in a place where it was not preformed (couldn't move Breathe into the No. 4 slot). In two cases, I had to chose one spot or another, because Mysterious Ways and One were were performed in two different places. I chose to put MW at the end, because the recording I took was from that place in the set list. I put One in the front because that is where I prefer to hear it (at a show, I would prefer to get that song over with and out of the way). Because I chose to do that, I could not put Tutu in front of One and kept it in front of Streets.

I used audacity to cut and paste a couple of speeches, and seperate some snippets from the songs (like the Michael Jackson snips).

So the final tally is 50 tracks.

00 - Intro (Space Oddity) - Gelsenkirchen - 8-03
01 - Intro (Kingdom) - Milan - 7-07
02 - Breathe - Milan - 7-07
03 - No Line On The Horizon - Sheffield - 8-20
04 - Get On Your Boots - Sheffield - 8-20
05 - Magnificent - Paris - 7-11
06 - Here Comes the Sun, Ireland Rising - Dublin - 7-24
07 - Beautiful Day - Barcelona - 6-30
08 - Elevation - Dublin - 7-24
08B - Elevation a capella -Gelsenkirchen - 8-03
09 - New Year's Day -Dublin - 7-27
09B - Wales Speech -Cardiff - 8-22
10 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Sheffield - 8-20
11 - Stand By Me - Milan - 7-07
12 - Angel Of Harlem - Milan - 7-07
13 - Man In The Mirror, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Milan - 7-07
14 - Happy Birthday to Evie - Milan - 7-07
15 - Party Girl with Eve - Milan - 7-07
16 - In A Little While - Milan - 7-07
17 - Electrical Storm - Barcelona - 7-02
18 - Desire - Dublin - 7-24
19 - Billie Jean, Don't Stop - Barcelona - 7-02
20 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of - Milan - 7-08
21 - Speech about Dublin - Dublin - 7-24
22 - The Auld Triangle - Dublin - 7-24
23 - One - Dublin - 7-24
23B - She's A Mystery to Me - Gothenburg - 7-31
23C - Unchained Melody - Zagreb - 8-09
24 - Stay (Faraway, So Close) - London - 8-15
25 - Unknown Caller - Dublin - 7-27
26 - The Unforgettable Fire - Dublin - 7-24
27 - Until the End of the World - Dublin - 7-24
28 - City of Blinding Lights - Sheffield - 8-20
29 - Vertigo - Berlin - 7-18
30 - Crazy Tonight (remix) - Dublin - 7-24
31 - Sunday Bloody Sunday - Sheffield - 8-20
32 - Pride - Paris - 7-11
33 - MLK - Barcelona - 7-02
34 - Walk On - Gelsenkirchen - 8-03
35 - Message in 360 - Dublin - 7-24
36 - Streets - Dublin - 7-24
36B - Best Friends Speech - Barcelona - 7-02
37 - Mysterious Ways - Sheffield - 8-20
38 - Bad - London – 8-15
39 - Ultraviolet intro - Sheffield - 8-20
40 - Ultraviolet - Sheffield - 8-20
41 - With Or Without You - Dublin- 7-24
42 - I'll Go Crazy (Album Version) - Barcelona - 7-02
43 - Moment Of Surrender - Dublin- 7-24
44 - Outro - Barcelona - 6-30

That is a great idea:applaud:

Romi how long are the CD's total time ?

In other words as far as I have been told one blank CD can only go 80 Minutes not sure if that is true but someone told me you cannot get them w/ longer minutes

How many 80 Minute CD's is your list:huh:

That is a great idea:applaud:

Romi how long are the CD's total time ?

In other words as far as I have been told one blank CD can only go 80 Minutes not sure if that is true but someone told me you cannot get them w/ longer minutes

How many 80 Minute CD's is your list:huh:

I'm just burning now for the first time. It looks like it requires three CDs.

Total time is 3 hours, 12 minutes

Back
Top Bottom