U2 Announces 2010 360 Tour Opening Acts - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coldplay would definitely help sell out the German shows. What other shows are lagging?

My dream would be for Dream Theater to open for U2. My two favorite bands at one concert. But that'll never happen haha

i'm still thinking the last show of the american tour in new york with sagging sales is going to equal big opening act... thus why they haven't announced it.

so that could mean coldplay... that could mean pearl jam (rumored to be touring the states in the summer but haven't announced yet)... that could mean someone else that no one's thinking of...

i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that not only are they going to add a big name to the meadowlands date, but they will announce a second meadowlands gig to go along with the announcement of the big name.

On the upside, if Coldplay did open for U2, at least when someone challenges my usual Coldplay-bashing with "yeah well have you seen them LIVE??!!11!", I'll be able to say "Yeah!"

(for free! :lol: )

i'm still thinking the last show of the american tour in new york with sagging sales is going to equal big opening act... thus why they haven't announced it.

so that could mean coldplay... that could mean pearl jam (rumored to be touring the states in the summer but haven't announced yet)... that could mean someone else that no one's thinking of...

i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that not only are they going to add a big name to the meadowlands date, but they will announce a second meadowlands gig to go along with the announcement of the big name.

Would they have the balls to ask Bruce?

I like the Magic Numbers. I think we just have different tastes, monkeyboy.

I'd actually like Coldplay and it's probably Chris Martin's dream to open for U2.

Coldplay's already opened for U2, so Chris Martin already had his dream

Technically, that's true. But as far as I remember, it was only that one Dublin gig on the Elevation Tour in which Coldplay opened, along with a bunch of other opening bands, including the Chili Peppers.

Not sure if Chris got a chance to hang out with his heroes much back then.

So Arcade Fire just announced they are playing Oxegen Festival in Ireland this year. Can't figure out if that increases or diminishes the chances of them opening one or all of the TBA Montreal/NJ dates.

It has to be something big in Jersey, but not too big. We don't wanna overshadow U2. People still haven't come to terms with the fact that this could be the last "U2" concert in the States

SMB

Was stating that since it could be U2's last ever show in the United States, they wanna get a good opener, but not someone who will over shadow them. So, someone inbetween. So Coldplay would be a good choice

SMB

Was stating that since it could be U2's last ever show in the United States, they wanna get a good opener, but not someone who will over shadow them. So, someone inbetween. So Coldplay would be a good choice

SMB

Their contract with Livenation requires two more albums and two more tours in support of those albums.

Doesn't mean they'll do it. I think 360 could be, but hope it won't be, the last MAJOR tour they do in the States. Age, lack of American attention and families and lack of interest within the band to continue long drawn out tours

SMB

Back
Top Bottom