U2 360° Tour - Could the tour have had a better name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jahorro

Babyface
At risk of sounding blasphemous in this forum of dedicated fans, I was wondering if anyone else feels ambivalent towards the naming of this tour as U2 360°?

Past tours had some reference to the album U2 was promoting at the time, but I don't see the connection between 360° and No Line On The Horizon (NLOTH). I fear that this tour promotes the stage set-up more than the album itself. Being a fan of the new album, I worry that its sagging sales will not be necessarily boosted with the new tour coming up because of the disjoint between the tour name and the album.

Joe

I hear what you're saying. I think the tour could have used a better name. However, I think the idea of 360 degree sound is what the band is really striving for. They want people to feel like they'll be able to have great sound anywhere in the venue. A few friends of mine who are in bands who have played stadiums and been to stadium shows as fans have expressed big concerns about the show being in a stadium as opposed to an arena. I think the name is trying to highlight the CLAW structure and it's revolutionary approach to sound. But yes... I would have liked a little better name!

anderson_podcast-thumb.jpg

I agree. I thought Kiss the Future was a better name. When they changed to 360 I was a little bit let down. It sounds as if they were the first band to do something like that, when they actually weren't, they just made it better than other ones had done it before.

Let me in the sound tour ?

Just a thought, since that is a common reference in NLOTH.

Or Horizon tour. It refers to the actual album/song.

Not too excited about the name but I guess it doesnt really matter since its the music and the show that really count. :drool:

You can please all of the people some of the time. You can please some of the people all of the time. But you can't please all of the people all of the time. :D

Yeah, a tour name isn't going to mean shit at the end of the day...

But I do wonder if they decided to do this(not connect it directly to NLOTH) because another album will be released during this tour? :hmm:

One can only hope.

That being said you could find a link between 'horizon' and 360...:shrug:

Seriously? :doh: I don't care what the tour is named* - I care that they are touring again, they're coming within a reasonsable traveling distance of where I live & they've got new material that I can't wait to hear live. :love: :applaud:

*"Kiss the Future" = Do not want! :no: :reject:

i'm fine with it. from a marketing standpoint, i think it's a great name. it rolls off the tongue very easy and it's very recognizable.

Don't forget.... all the whipper snappers these days are doing 360s.......

They do em on their skateboards
They do em on their bikes....
They do em on their snowboards...

"You gots be git wid it!"

Kiss the Future was a better name. Much better.
Actually, this name sucks.

But since I'm going to hear them kick ass live, which is what they usually do... I couldn't care less. :wink:

who here will want to buy a T-shirt that says "U2 360"
You may not care about the name of a tour (I do, because it's not just a theme but a 'feel') but this band should care. Because a dumb tour name will sell less merchandise.

who here will want to buy a T-shirt that says "U2 360"
You may not care about the name of a tour (I do, because it's not just a theme but a 'feel') but this band should care. Because a dumb tour name will sell less merchandise.

Merchandise will sell because of how it looks. A cool T shirt design will sell, the red V crap from last tour won't.

I'm not really bothered but I think U2 - In The Sound tour would be more apt.

I really think it should have been Let Me in the Sound, U2360 is becoming acceptable to me but its slightly lame and describes the stage instead of making any reference to NLOTH.

I even miss the rumor of Kiss the Future Tour, you could have thrown in something about the 360 for all I care in all the press but at least give it a name, and one year after U2 3D (which was fine).

Back
Top Bottom