U2 360 Plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An MD-80? Eww... they could have had better taste in planes. But the "infinity is a great place to start" lyric on the side is awesome. :up:

That was my first thought, too.

The quote is cool, but the graphics are a little weak.

I assume they'll have a different plane in North America.

Mark

They'll probably have a nice European-made A320 in America. Although I'd love to see them in a 737NG (I love next generation 737s).

That was my first thought, too.

The quote is cool, but the graphics are a little weak.

I assume they'll have a different plane in North America.

No, they'll use this one. Isn't it a decommissioned Air Canada plane, just like last tour? There's absolutely no reason to have two, or am I missing something?

I think the graphics make it look sleeker and longer, like a bullet. Kinda cool.

They'll probably have a nice European-made A320 in America. Although I'd love to see them in a 737NG (I love next generation 737s).

Again, why would they bother with two planes?

Looks pretty cool! :up:
Again, why would they bother with two planes?

Because they've done that since PopMart? I think someone's explained it to me once but I don't remember the exact reason. It had something to do with law and sponsors or so.

It's hilarious that the first response to the post jumps all over the band for choosing the wrong goddamn tour plane.

Yeah, 2 different ones for awhile now. It's impossible to find pics of any prior to Popmart though. :sad:

This is one of the few I know of, there are also random pics of the band on the JT tour with the jet in the picture

joshuatreejet.jpg

Thanks so much for the new pics u2hype :drool:

It's hilarious that the first response to the post jumps all over the band for choosing the wrong goddamn tour plane.

Digitize is right though, MD-80s suck. Try sitting in the last 8 rows of one, you'll go deaf. I think the fuel economy stinks, too--more carbon offsets to buy for the tour.

(and I doubt the band had anything to do with choosing the plane, used MD-80s are probably a dime-a-dozen right now)

Mark

Digitize is right though, MD-80s suck. Try sitting in the last 8 rows of one, you'll go deaf. I think the fuel economy stinks, too--more carbon offsets to buy for the tour.

(and I doubt the band had anything to do with choosing the plane, used MD-80s are probably a dime-a-dozen right now)

Mark

MD-80s are becoming the new 727s. Even American is phasing them out in favor of 737-800s.

The plane on the Vertigo tour (N.A. leg anyway) was operated by 'Jetz', Air Canada's charter service for NHL hockey teams, musical groups, etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_Jetz

One of my best friends, a Service Director with AC, had an interview with Jetz last week - it went fairly well so if she's accepted - and I have no doubt she will - she'll soon find out who she's posted with. If it's U2, I'm going to die :drool:

Back
Top Bottom