Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when you have great performers you do not need some over-zealous director... just let the performance speak for it's self.

even scorsese realized that with Shine A Light... if friggin Martin Scorsese can keep his ego in check and not over-cut everything Hamish friggin Hamilton certainly should be able to.

Hamish Hamilton did Slane.

Boston suffered from editing, Chicago from a dead crowd (the most interesting directing-wise). Milan is really too short to properly evaluate.

just checked the physical jacket, it was Hamish...but I think there might have been less footage to play with? Or maybe they wanted a different approach? because Slane seems different than the rest to me..

Is there a purpose for a DVD after seing U23D?

My guess is that they'll film it in Europe.Later in the leg,perhaps London.

i'm not sure if slane was originaly intended to become a DVD... or maybe because of the huge mass of people it was harder to get more cameras in for hamish to play with, thus limiting his ability to fuck it up.

I'm thinking we're thinking alike...original intent...less cams...no matter why, it still ended up better, wouldn't you say? It just feels more real and alive, to me.

This tour DVD should have a lot of smooth tracking shots, some kind of ridiculous camera rig that can pan all the way around the claw would be pretty darn amazing... call the rigging team from Children of Men, they'll hook you up.

If they announced that city "X" was where they would shoot this tour's dvd would you be more inclined to travel to that venue?

I'm thinking we're thinking alike...original intent...less cams...no matter why, it still ended up better, wouldn't you say? It just feels more real and alive, to me.

absolutely does... it's hamish's one non piece of crap.

shit performers with no on stage emotion need 10,000 camera angles and cuts. good performers just need to let their performance speak for themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGU0z1DGO8E

U2 needs more cameras because they do more elaborate shows and are bigger perfectionists though. I doubt they had significantly less cameras on Slane, but they had a great hometown audience and the band was in a great mood during the show. I also think a full Milan would go some way to redeem the "cursed" Hamish Hamilton.

So far we have DVDs from the following cities:

Denver, USA (Red Rocks)
Paris, France (Joshua Tree deluxe)
Sydney, Australia (Zoo TV)
Mexico City, Mexico (Popmart)
Boston, USA (Elevation)
Dublin, Ireland (U2 Go Home)
Chicago, USA (Vertigo)
Milan, Italy (U218)
Brazil/Argentina (U2 3D)

Therefore I propose the DVD for the Kiss the Future tour or 360 tour or whatever its called, should be filmed in the new Wembley Stadium in the United Kingdom!!!

:hyper::hyper: I totally agree with this! Actually (selfishly) as long as it's a show I attend I'll be happy with whatever venue they choose! :hyper::hyper:

^ Only snag that I've thought of now tho, is that I have tickets for the 1st London gig and they always film the second show. Plus they'd be using the first gig as a rehearsal for the actual filming. Which is not cool :ohmy:

If they announced that city "X" was where they would shoot this tour's dvd would you be more inclined to travel to that venue?

Absolutely not. A bunch of cameras taking up room, potentially a stiffer show from the band.

Don't they tend to get a little wonky when they know they're recording the show for posterity? Was their an interview or something where they said they didn't give their best performances when they were filming? Or was that just fans who said that? Maybe I'm crazy and that memory is just in my head.

But no, it wouldn't make me more inclined to go. I wouldn't NOT go to a show I already had tickets for if I knew they were filming there, though.

U2 needs more cameras because they do more elaborate shows and are bigger perfectionists though. I doubt they had significantly less cameras on Slane, but they had a great hometown audience and the band was in a great mood during the show. I also think a full Milan would go some way to redeem the "cursed" Hamish Hamilton.

no tour has been more elaborate than popmart and the camera angles and cuts and angles were significantly less than what hamish pulled on vertigo.

slane obviously has fewer cameras because there were fewer locations to put them due to the festival like set up of the venue. hamish would shove a camera up larry's ass if he could. we really do not need to see bullet the blue sky from colon cam.

Wembley may not work well cause of London's crappy curfew. I remember the radio broadcast in 2005 sucked cause they had to end the show at a certain time. How about Giants Stadium?

SMB

Back
Top Bottom