The moral of the story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
So Mr. Z and I watched Taken last night, a movie starring Liam Neeson about a former CIA-spy type guy whose daughter is, you guessed it, taken, kidnapped by a Ukranian sex ring while visiting Paris.

What does this have to do with U2 and the 360 tour, you ask? In his daughter's luggage, he found a map of Europe with major cities circled and dates next to each one. His ex-wife says "Oh yeah, she's following U2 around Europe on their tour. All the kids are doing it."

The moral of the story? Following U2 may lead to heroine-addicted prostitution. So be careful, y'all

Someone was just telling me about this movie.. ah gotta watch it.

the daughter had taste. she struck me more as a Lady Gaga type of fan.

What's even more hilarious is that I completely missed "U2" in that dialogue when I saw the film, just thought it was some random band...and looking at them looking at the map my mind flashed fwd into the Euro-road trip I had wanted to put together for, none other than, U2. Wild.

Now Don't B Hatin:hug:

but the only good part of that movie was when the Mom said

U2

LOL

Liam Neeson as Jason Bourne just was a bit over the top for me

:reject:

However took my children yesterday to see Star Trek & wow it was terrific

Action-Great Acting & Funny:up:

Now Don't B Hatin:hug:

but the only good part of that movie was when the Mom said

U2

LOL

Liam Neeson as Jason Bourne just was a bit over the top for me

:reject:

However took my children yesterday to see Star Trek & wow it was terrific

Action-Great Acting & Funny:up:

Don't B hating on Liam Neeson. He was good in that movie. I don't know if you've read the Bourne novels, but the guy is in his mid-fiftees.

They made him younger when they brought Matt Damon in...

I remember watching an episode of Gilmore Girls and Lauralie made a Bono reference. I think it was when they were on the Elevation Tour

I was watching 'About a Boy' the other night with the missus, and was gutted to find we'd turned on after the point where they'd played Zoo Station. What's the point eh?

when watching this movie, i felt like i was watching someone play a video game on the easiest skill level.

I remember watching an episode of Gilmore Girls and Lauralie made a Bono reference. I think it was when they were on the Elevation Tour

I am a major GG fan and I loved the show even more because the writer Amy Paladino was a huge fan of music, especially Bono and U2.
There are several episodes where Bono in particular is mentioned!
The first one was Lorelai's engagement party in season 1 and she's on the phone with her ex...he was trying to get her to describe her finace to him and he said, "don't tell me, he's like Bono" or something like that... :lol:
Then Loralei and Rory went travelling around Europe after Rory's H.S. graduation and they said after they got back that they staked out the Clarence Hotel waiting for Bono to show up!! That's when I knew Amy, the writer was a serious fan. Maybe she is a Pleban! She knew about the Clarence! :)
There's more but I'll stop.:blahblah:

the daughter had taste. she struck me more as a Lady Gaga type of fan.

Eh, she's probably just a casual fan who likes With Or Without You and was just going to sit there and text all her friends during the shows anyway.

She's only going to multiple shows because she's a total sheep who wants to rebel against mums and daddums and do whatever her friends tells her to.

Which is how you end up getting kidnapped and sold into sex slavery.

:)

I've seen the movie "Taken." For those of you, who haven't. The band is only mentioned. There is no concert footage or anything like that. Still, not a bad film.

Back
Top Bottom