Rumor? Queen + Paul Rodgers & U2 To Tour 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WKMahler

The Fly
KISS & QPR? NO

QPR + U2 summer of 2009 in the USA? Yes

KISS: no new music, rehashing Alive! w/o Peter Criss & Ace Frehley

QPR: Going to dominate (I hope) country rock (Call Me), jazz/blues rock (Voodoo)
Prog rock (Time To Shine) and fusion pop blues rock (Schools Out...Surfs Up), along with
adult contemporary (Some Things That Glitter) and (We Believe) here in the USA.
(C-Lebrity) already gets massive airplay, been called a new young band, refreshing by WPXC 102.9 (Pixy 103) of West Yarmouth, MA. USA

U2 with QPR on a double bill will work, I need not debate and discuss this any further, U2 will make headlines for stadium shows and have done so with Pearl Jam, the last night of U2's last tour, a smashing success too.
U2 has a potential 50+ song box set, or a single CD release coming 2009.

However, what would REALLY turn heads and sell fast is QPR in smaller venues in the USA, The Cape Cod Melody Tent - home, seats 1500/2500 people and Hard Rock Cafe, highlighting the new music.
Get in touch with reality boys, stop the solos, except for "Bijou" & "Last Horizon", every review of your shows in the USA that I read, all the writers called you a throwback to the 70's with long boring solos.

I don't appreciate those words myself, your solos speak to me, unlike some of the pop and hip hop gibberish on the radio, but a writers words make or break a show right?

Not that QPR should be known to open for U2, it oughta be a 2 1/2 hour show, hour break and then another 2 - 2 1/2 hour show by U2 with a 1/2 hour jam of both bands. Start at 6 in the evening and be done by midnight, etc. etc. Stadiums only.

This isn't just bullocks coming out of my fingertips, I sit back like a unarmed armchair warrior, reading the news, the reviews and with no pressure to do so, so after some careful analysis, it oughta work.

As for KISS / QPR, I'm telling ya, KISS is still popular but not nearly as popular as they could be and Gene Simmons has stretched the adverts too far for any real kissing to go on.
No new music, a tour that would be a rehash of not even greatest hits, but a whole CD (double LP) "Alive!" and QPR is looking to distance themselves from being a parody of themselves, unlike Gene Simmons has made KISS out to be.

Queen + Paul Rodgers & U2 coming soon to a stadium near you.

Don't forget to allow the video feed 3x times, live for free in the USA/Canada/Mexico area
Don't forget to stream the audio 1x a month, free
Don't forget to release each show in their entirety, "warts and all" to the public, for sale.
Please allow Queen Zone to continue the "bootlegging".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, but is it a confirmed rumour, or better yet, rumou(red)?

Also, did you know that Freddie Mercury is coming back from the dead, just this once, to support U2's new album? Seriously. I've been feeling it from sitting here reading EYKIW. It's gonna happen, people, no doubt about it.

Also, did you know that Freddie Mercury is coming back from the dead, just this once, to support U2's new album? Seriously. I've been feeling it from sitting here reading EYKIW. It's gonna happen, people, no doubt about it.

I had a dream in which Bono told me about the plans for this.

Now, come on, would dreamland Bono lie? IT MUST BE GOING TO HAPPEN.

I'm confused.

Has this been rumoured? Has there been any story about that? Or did you just come up with that because you're bored?

OK, let's see ... WHAT IF U2 toured with .... (insert random act here).

Are these becoming our favourite past time games until the new album is released?

word has it that Elvis IS actually alive and will play the song "Elvis Presley and America" on the next tour.

word has it that Elvis IS actually alive and will play the song "Elvis Presley and America" on the next tour.

No, Elvis had humour. He'll do: Elvis ate America.

And John Lennon will join them at the end of the show for a great rendition of Instant Karma.

U2 are going to have a Queen tribute band open for them? And are releasing a 50 song box set? :hmm: Smoke another one bro.

U2 is opening for Clay Aiken next year.

I totally heard this on the internet, guys. And from the little monster that lives in my sock drawer.

I'd hate if they didn't have an opener;opening bands are a nice way to hear some new music and sometimes opening bands are well worth seeing

me: "hello, Staples Center?"
them: "yes?"
me: "can you tell me the exact times the bands will take the stage?"
them: "QPR will come out at 7:30 and play until 8:30. U2 will be out at 9:30."

(later that night)

me: "hey honey, what time is it?"
her: "9:15"
me: "oh great, there's a parking space. just in time. let's stop and get a soda just in case QPR is still playing"

oh, but we have fun. In reality i'll be stuck waiting in the rain all day again just to get inside the "horizon" (for which there will MOST DEFINITELY be a line).

In every city, a different U2 tribute band will be opening for U2.

Guys, I really shouldn't tell you this, but our U2 tribute band has been contacted with regards to opening the Melbourne shows. Phail featuring myself on drums, Alisaura on bass and Axver on lead vocals and guitar.

It's a secret though, so DON'T TELL ANYONE.

Then don't go to see the band that many times

Some of us can barely get tickets for one night let alone 6 in two weeks...

Wow. :huh: I was kidding, mostly. I'm really not a Dashboard Confessional fan.

Regardless, everyone had the exact same opportunity to get tickets as I did, I didn't have any special advantage. Your bitterness is a little misplaced. Maybe try a little harder next tour, the way those of us who got multiple tickets did? Channeling that bitterness into effort could work wonders for you. :up:

I had a dream in which Bono told me about the plans for this.

Now, come on, would dreamland Bono lie? IT MUST BE GOING TO HAPPEN.

U2 is going to perform all of Queen II from start to finish, and Queen is going to perform Passengers, featuring a badass classic rock reworking of Ito Okashi.

I'd hate if they didn't have an opener;opening bands are a nice way to hear some new music and sometimes opening bands are well worth seeing

i got into kings of leon after seeing them open for u2... picked up some keene songs after seeing them open... but i'd still rather get the earlier bed time.

orrrr they could do what bruce did at giants stadium... have no opener so they can start early and play for 3 and 1/2 hours :drool:

i'd give up my precious sleep for that.

Actually - No U2 and QPR - I heard they're going to do a Nothing but Duets - A kind of a "U2 & Friends" kind of thing..

w/ Clay Aiken -Twilight
w/ Stevie Wonder - Staring at the Sun
w/ Winona Judd - Big Girls are Best
w/ Bruce - Red Hill Mining Town / Glory Days / Miss Sarejevo / Born in the USA Medley
w/ Chris Martin - I will Follow
followed by
w/ Thom Yorke WOWY
w/ Brandon Flowers - God Part II

You get the idea.... Please continue

...someone rescue this thread ... or kill it...

Back
Top Bottom