Horsens, Helsinki and Vienna - Pre-Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Horsens pre-sale is a complete scandal today. The following has happened to me and many others. After having chosen the tickets I clicked "pay" but instead of enabling me to enter credit card info the whole system crashed. After that it was impossible to get back into the system since it declares "Your pre-sale code has been used" This has happened to many people. The ticket agency has shut down the presale with the message "We expect to resume the presale at a later time." This mess started about six hours ago and still this is all anyone knows......

Wow, now that really does suck! :tsk: Luckily the pre-sale for Helsinki went fine for all the groups and everyone that I've heard from so far, has come away with the tickets they wanted! :up:

And here is an updated version of the seat/GA plan for Helsinki Olympic stadium....

U2_katsomokartta.jpg

....thankfully the red zone is in the same position as it has been with the other gigs, i.e. on either side of the outer stage and not around the whole inner circle as was shown in the beginning!! :bonodrum:

Yeah - well at least they managed to reset the pre-sale codes. But no luck again today. Managed to choose 4 tickets - then I clicked on "pay" and got the message "we have a problem with our payment system. You have not bought the tickets". After that I could not get back into the system. And then after 15 min. of trying to re-enter finally got the message "sold out".

In Denmark the Red Zone costs like 25-30 euro or something more than regular GA. In Finland its more like 200 more. Why on earth is this???

S.A.K.:

try this link: https://www.billetlugen.dk/iticket.web/gateway187234.aspx?cnr=1140&anr=14664&lang=da-DK

Det virkede for mig, selvom U2.com siger det er udsolgt!!!
2 Minutter siden!

Thanks a lot.... Sadly it says "code no longer valid". Wonder if this means that they shut down the sale completely or if my code has been disabled again like yesterday??? Well - guess I will find out soon enough.

Good thing you managed to get your tickets... I guess that if everything else fails I can always get tickets for a show or two in Germany... At least that was not too difficult this summer....

In Denmark the Red Zone costs like 25-30 euro or something more than regular GA. In Finland its more like 200 more. Why on earth is this???

I was just as baffled by the high price of the red zone as you! I was intending to buy a ticket in the red zone, but had to change my mind when I saw the high price!! :ohmy: But they seem to be selling well!? :shrug:

And yes, all the seating behind the stage is only 30 euros which is why I bought not only the one for myself for the GA, (I wanna get into that inner circle this time, even if it kills me, which it probably will! :lol: ) but two tickets for the cheap seats, to sell on to my Finnish U2 friends that aren't members of the u2.com and were unable to get tickets. :wink:

Phew - U2.com flexed their muscle and got the danish ticket outlet to open sales again for people who got screwed yesterday. Now I have mine and would seem other people are getting things straightened out as well. It was a 24 hour drama!

Huge credit to U2.com in this situation. They really stayed on case and worked some magic!!:up:

Last edited:
Phew - U2.com flexed their muscle and got the danish ticket outlet to open sales again for people who got screwed yesterday. Now I have mine and would seem other people are getting things straightened out as well. It was a 24 hour drama!

Huge credit to U2.com in this situation. They really stayed on case and worked some magic!!:up:

Larry probably light a fire under them! :lol: Great to hear it all turned out good in the end!! :up:

The Austrian fans are rightly complaining that the presale tickets for Vienna were sold via Eventim.de, a German website, which charged 9 Euros for shipping the tickets to Austria and only 4 Euros for shipping the tickets to Germany :doh:

U2.com did something good in a timely fashion?

Holy shit. It's the Apocalypse, people.

Here's the Helsinki page for ordering tickets. It looks like the general public can already buy Helsinki tickets. (A day early?)
Lippu.fi

Here's the Helsinki page for ordering tickets. It looks like the general public can already buy Helsinki tickets. (A day early?)
Lippu.fi
Yep, I was just able to pull up specific seats in all the price categories, and what I think were GA too.

Thanks a milloin for the Helsinki link! Got GA for me and my family :)

Went to buy a single GA for Helsinki for 57 Euro, pulled one up Friday afternoon California time with no problem, except....

... they want 35 Euros to ship it "Worldwide"???????!!!!!!!

Lippu.fi

Are you fucking kidding me?? They seriously expect us stupid overseas fans to pay $53 USD to have a piece of paper sent regular post? Hell no, I'll take my chances with eBay, or just wait until the day of the show, maybe get a cheap GA out front. I'm sure I'll be able to find one for less than 92 Euros.

Or, maybe I'll just skip Finland altogether, spend the time in Russia instead. Perhaps the Finns don't want the foreign U2 fan base snatching up all their GAs.

And here I thought Ticketmaster and Live Nation were greedy bastards :lol:

Holy hell - that is criminal. I guess they're not familiar with etickets either.

haha, why sell e-tickets when you can charge European fans 10 Euros per order for shipping, or even 35 Euros for idiots living elsewhere. Those Lippu guys are good capitalists, greed is good!

Lippu.fi

Actually it's two days early the tickets aren't due to go on sale until Monday 5. October! :ohmy: Maybe their doing this to avoid the rush come monday, they've been advertising the concert on TV here, and my heart jumps out of my chest every time I catch it! :love:

Also Lippu.fi may have heard of these people selling their pre-sale tickets online and are trying to undermine them!? :shrug:

4U2Play said:
Went to buy a single GA for Helsinki for 57 Euro, pulled one up Friday afternoon California time with no problem, except....

... they want 35 Euros to ship it "Worldwide"???????!!!!!!!

Wow, now that really is ridiculously steep! :ohmy: But the tickets actually come from eventim.de, a company based in Germany, even though I surprisingly am only paying 6 euros for the postage of my tickets, which about the same price I paid for my Berlin tickets! :shrug:

oeticket.com is now saying they will only send the Vienna tickets via courier "due to security reasons", which means they'll probably charge 35 Euros to ship a ticket to California, too. No e-ticket option, of course, too risky!

Funny how the Poles, Irish and Dutch promoters could handle e-tickets, but the Germans, Austrians and Finns can't :|

Fuck this, I'm now thinking I'll just skip these ripoff countries and focus on Russia, Greece, Turkey and Israel instead, probably far more interesting anyway! :wink:

oeticket.com is now saying they will only send the tickets via courier "due to security reasons", which means they'll probably charge 35 Euros to ship a ticket to California, too. No e-ticket option, of course, too risky!
security reasons? :huh: ticketmaster sends them in discreet envelopes from various address across the u.s. nothing says "hey these are those u2 tickets you wanted! you know, from that sold out show? the tickets are in here!" or anything. it works for all of america. :shrug: oh and etickets are an option in most cases too. it sucks that they charge for you to have the convenience to print them out yourself when they'll mail them for free (even though it costs them postage), though.

yeah, the whole thing is a scam in support of FedEx or whatever courier company Eventim has deals with. No doubt Eventim gets a nice slice of the shipping profits. Too bad U2 don't have other options than these scumbags.

The Eventim.de site says they will send the Vienna tickets via regular Post, so we'll see if that's the case for non-European addresses. I remember the Gelsenkirchen tickets costing more than any other Euro ticket last summer, due to the absurd shipping charges Eventim.de foisted on us Auslanders.

oeticket.com is already putting me in a "Waiting Lounge", 20 minutes before the onsale begins :ohmy:... and then it crashes :applaud: hahhaha! thank goodness for Eventim.de, great people!

Fuck this, I'm now thinking I'll just skip these ripoff countries and focus on Russia, Greece, Turkey and Israel instead, probably far more interesting anyway! :wink:

Yes, skip our rip off country, please. That means we'll have better chances to get tickets. :|

Back
Top Bottom