GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From personal experience, I am convinced that camera rule varies from venue to venue. During Vertigo tour, I attended 2 Toronto shows, 1 Montreal show and 1 Buffalo show. Brought same camera with me to the venue (small point-and-shoot Canon), and never had a problem until Buffalo. Even though plenty of people entered the venue carrying cameras, the guy checking my ticket (and bag) decided to give me hassle. Super RUDE staff.... he simply wouldn't let me in with the camera. When I asked him if there was a place where I could leave it and pick it up after the show, he said NO. He insisted I go live it in my car or I couldn't get in. When I told him I didn't get there by car and therefore didn't have a place to store my camera, he said he didn't care and it wasn't his problem.

so... yeah... all depends who you run into. In 99% of the cases, cameras are not a problem at all, but there is always that 1 ass... that might cause problems.

I must have to say, if it wasn't for a lovely U2 fan who allowed me to live my camera in her car, chances are I would've never seen the show.

Policies regarding bringing certain cameras indeed vary from venue to venue. Sometimes they just check your bag very quickly and don't even see what you bring. It never happened to me before that I wasn't allowed to bring a camera in. It also depends how you smile at the staff, sometimes :wink:

East Rutherford on the Vertigo tour they said no cameras until about half the GA went in and then changed there minds. No communication between the bands people and the arena people

So do you get into the circle at the back where the bridges are in the "home" position?

So do you get into the circle at the back where the bridges are in the "home" position?

Yes, there is the entrance to the circle. Trust me, it's quite a walk (first crossing the whole field until you get to the back and then going back a bit to get to a good position in the circle).
:crack:

:up: thanks, just making sure i make no mistakes this year after what happened at Manchester last time, so do you need your hand stamping before you enter or is it just one big open area?

:up: thanks, just making sure i make no mistakes this year after what happened at Manchester last time, so do you need your hand stamping before you enter or is it just one big open area?

No hand stamping before (only when you want to leave that area).

Thanks Popmartijn, i think i'll just hear striaght for the circle, then at least i will get a stamp if i have to come out.

Thanks Popmartijn, i think i'll just hear striaght for the circle, then at least i will get a stamp if i have to come out.

On the last tour the hand stamp - or wristband - policy was different at different venues, so you can't assume that everywhere will be the same as Barcelona.

cool, pic, but innacurate. Half of that yellow section in Barcelona, they didn't let any people in.

So the yellow is basically the inner circle right? Which part of that were people not allowed in?

they yellow should just be a rounded "C" around the front of the stage. That's it.

Ok thats what i was figuring. Seemed weird to have people wrapping around that back corner

Maybe this has been asked and I'll premise by I never read all 50 + threads or posts but can someone in the pit use a point and shoot camera to take shots with flash photography without getting in trouble?

Obviously fans are taking flash shots based on all the videos I've seen but what about in the pit, considering point and shoot cameras are allowed in the venue?

I don't see it making too much of a difference with all the lighting but is it allowed or is it take your chances?

I don't think it makes a difference, but I don't see why you'd want to/make a point of using flash.

Has anyone got an SLR inside?

who said that parts of the yellow area ( as per that pic ) were off limits ?

whenever the show faces front everyone storms to that side

when they start playing in the back everyone on the the outer sides of "the moat" ,as i call it , circle if you will, scatter back into that area for a better view

if you get a place in the inner circle and get your wrist stamped, can you leave the stadium itself and come back later? i wouldn't be worried about getting a spot on the rail, would just want to be sure i could get back in...

(not sure if i can make it to the gig yet, haven't slept properly in a week, and really will need to catch some sleep if i'm to survive GA)

shit... i don't know if that would be a good idea anyway... if i left to try and get some sleep at the hotel i would probably zonk out completely and wake up at midnight having missed the whole thing lmfao!!!!!!

Getting into the front of stage area isn't difficult at all. People were turning up at 5 p. m. in Milan and still got in. However, it was very crowded. I was directly at the catwalk rail in the middle, perfect spot, we were at the stadium at 2 p. m. 10000 of people there, total chaos, no security control, no one looked into our bags, people were taking everyhing in, including cameras, beer bootles and such. For the second night we had seats and took our cameras in. Overall impression is just so much better from the seats, but the atmosphere is incredible when you're in the pitch or at the catwalk.

Back
Top Bottom