GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there a catwalk like Vertigo?

I guess IF there were alot of people in front of you, you could just chose to be on the outside but first row outside?

The people in Barcelona will tell us if there were more than one line. If there was one line it would be sweet if you were in the front

safety

I can't picture people camping out in PHX that early...

Dude...sorry to hear that happened to your wife. No one said anything about pushing and shoving, man. The running is when people get onto the field. I don't know where that happened at, but in all of the years I have seen U2, I haven't ever seen any fans treat other fans that way man. I don't know where your incident happened, but it doesn't sound like those people were the regular fans.
Also, if she is pregnant again....I would suggest seats, just to be on the side of safety. That's not worth risking the future U2 fan man.
peace and good luck on your U2 shows.

Greetings from within the claw, thanks to free wifi in the camp nou + an iphone.
The queue was chaotic (people with and without numbers) but very friendly. There was one large queue (access 2) and a small one (access 5) which would get access to the pitch 15 mins later.
U2 soundchecked until 5 and were let in at 5:30. Running! But we all got into the claw. Standing right now to the fence of the catwalk and the atage is about 15 metres away. Perfect standing. Heres to a great opening night!

Greetings from within the claw, thanks to free wifi in the camp nou + an iphone.
The queue was chaotic (people with and without numbers) but very friendly. There was one large queue (access 2) and a small one (access 5) which would get access to the pitch 15 mins later.
U2 soundchecked until 5 and were let in at 5:30. Running! But we all got into the claw. Standing right now to the fence of the catwalk and the atage is about 15 metres away. Perfect standing. Heres to a great opening night!

Suuuuure. You bring that to Toronto :lmao:

)

toronto?? I'm from DETROIT toughest city in the midwest (#1 on the murder rating list) we eat canadians for lunch :macdevil:

you supply the ticket and I'll drive up there and show you how its done. This is a stadium show so there is more than one way in. Just remember $$$ talks to a gate attendant.

See you all in chi-town, I'll be showing up after the ballgame on sat the 12th

What is done in Europe and the UK is often different to how it's handled in the U.S.

There are different and stricter laws here about General Admission...So for those going to US shows I wouldn't start flipping out yet.

What is done in Europe and the UK is often different to how it's handled in the U.S.

There are different and stricter laws here about General Admission...So for those going to US shows I wouldn't start flipping out yet.

A friend who was in the GA line in Barcelona told me that the same plan was in effect for the US, unless something big happened that would make them change their minds...

But

Why would you want anything to change? This is the best way!

Only one queue sounds scary :huh:

I've experienced both. It' s always better to have more than two lines at different gates if both gates open up at the same time. If they don't, it's a frenzy :crazy:

toronto?? I'm from DETROIT toughest city in the midwest (#1 on the murder rating list) we eat canadians for lunch :macdevil:

blah blah etc etc boost boost

:blahblah:

Would you like a medal for that? So now it changes from "Im a tough guy you can't stop me" to "I'll grease the gate keepers?" WEAK dude, weak.

Anyways. Like I said, bring that shit attitude on up here on your own $. I paid my own way to Detroit last tour both shows, it was exactly the same deal (minus the lottery, but kindof irrelevant to how the line progresses) and you sure didn't push past me, in your own home town murder capital of the US, no less...:lol: Hilarious.

DUDE :drool::drool: Throw a few shapes about for me tonight, whilst I am sitting at home in the Uk with my mind in Barcelona :drool:

I guess it's a good thing I have a seat for the 1st Chicago show, and GA for the 2nd. No way would I get there soon enough Saturday to make it worth my while for the GA ticket. Sunday shouldn't be a problem getting in line soon enough to get a good spot! :hyper:

I can't wait to hear from people from the show about the GA area. I wonder where they say is better to be- if I'd rather be in the circle in the front or in one of the front rows on the outer rail...

Being in the pit was fooking fantastic! Better than outside. Mind you I was next to the fence of the catwalk so I could almost touch the lads when they were on the catwalk. The pit is large enough but quite narrow, so I had a perfect unobstructed view of the stage as well.
My suggestion: queue from noon at the latest and go for the pit. Outside the put is only cool if your near the catwalk fence. And this could have been a red zone- not sure. I had better a spots than the red zones on the sides I must say.

I guess it's a good thing I have a seat for the 1st Chicago show, and GA for the 2nd. No way would I get there soon enough Saturday to make it worth my while for the GA ticket. Sunday shouldn't be a problem getting in line soon enough to get a good spot! :hyper:

Just get out of the show on night one and get in line then!

Question: What if you're in the first 3000 and have permission to get into The Claw but want that first row outside the ring? Can you opt out of The Claw? I think I might rather be in the front row outside the claw than in the middle of the inner circle mob.

Question: What if you're in the first 3000 and have permission to get into The Claw but want that first row outside the ring? Can you opt out of The Claw? I think I might rather be in the front row outside the claw than in the middle of the inner circle mob.

Yes you can. Just don't enter the claw and be the first to stand outside in front of the catwalk. Someone said to me it was a (red) zone, but I think those were only to the sides (not the best spots, I must say).

So as you they are not stamping hands or handing wristbands out as you enter the stadium? they do that just before you go into the claw?

Hello all, I did GA last night so here my thoughts::wave:

-I got there at around 9am and there was already tons of people, unsurprinsingly. It looks like MANY had camped overnight, way more than I ever saw in NA. There was an unofficial numbering system and I was number 1247, so that gives you an idea, but the security kept making people move from the back of the line so people kept cutting up in the beginning and the numbers and list kind of went to shit at some point and was not really respected, so basically you had to stay there and keep your spot as best as you can.
-Eventually the security started making efforts so people would not cut the line, and getting into the stadium was pretty orderly and smooth, although once in people were running to get good spots. But there was no major line cutting as far as I could tell, everyone was sort of checking out for that and anyone trying was getting heckled by the crowd
-Me and my friends got into the circle (yay!) but it was already quite full, about 5 minutes after we got in they stopped people from coming in
-We didn´t get any wristbands, just stamps if we wanted to come in and out (to go to the bathroom for example)
-We could have chosen to get an outer rail spot instead of going into the circle as far as I can tell, and in fact this could have been a very good option too as the rail was basically empty at that point
-I was towards the back of the circle, second row from the outer rail slightly right of stage, this is really an awesome spot IMO as you see the stage super well and you are also super close when they walk on the rail
-The stage doesn´t rotate, only Larry´s drumkit
-The two bridges also move
-The circle was super packed, way more than my experience of Elevation and Vertigo in NA (arenas), but I think this is mostly due to the fact that although there is lots of space (it fits maybe 2,000 people? not sure what the official number is), everyone still wanted to be in the front
-The circle is quite narrow which is awesome, so even if you are on the outer rail inside, you are still quite close to the stage (more than the last two tours)
-Bono and Edge spent quite a lot of time on the rail and bridges, more than I expected given it was the first show, so being in front of the stage might not be the best spot since you´ll miss out on a lot (which means that people camping out are really wasting their time IMO)
-Compared to arena shows (which was my only previous experience for GA), the stage and ramps are quite high and far from the crowd, i.e. Bono can´t really touch people in the front which is kind of too bad
-The way the stage is designed and they use it is really fantastic, it really does give almost everyone a chance to be close to them at some point (ex. for some songs they were playing for the people in the back)

That´s it, for me it was a pretty rough GA experience because the line was quite disorganised and the sun was blaring on our heads all day, but in the end we got in the circle was it was bloody awesome!:up:

Hey Oceane

I was looking at the videos and it looked like the outsdie of the enclosure was really empty i think i saw people walking around. Was the inside more crowded than the outside. If so by how much roughly

Hello all, I did GA last night so here my thoughts::wave:

-I got there at around 9am and there was already tons of people, unsurprinsingly. It looks like MANY had camped overnight, way more than I ever saw in NA. There was an unofficial numbering system and I was number 1247, so that gives you an idea, but the security kept making people move from the back of the line so people kept cutting up in the beginning and the numbers and list kind of went to shit at some point and was not really respected, so basically you had to stay there and keep your spot as best as you can.
-Eventually the security started making efforts so people would not cut the line, and getting into the stadium was pretty orderly and smooth, although once in people were running to get good spots. But there was no major line cutting as far as I could tell, everyone was sort of checking out for that and anyone trying was getting heckled by the crowd
-Me and my friends got into the circle (yay!) but it was already quite full, about 5 minutes after we got in they stopped people from coming in
-We didn´t get any wristbands, just stamps if we wanted to come in and out (to go to the bathroom for example)
-We could have chosen to get an outer rail spot instead of going into the circle as far as I can tell, and in fact this could have been a very good option too as the rail was basically empty at that point
-I was towards the back of the circle, second row from the outer rail slightly right of stage, this is really an awesome spot IMO as you see the stage super well and you are also super close when they walk on the rail
-The stage doesn´t rotate, only Larry´s drumkit
-The two bridges also move
-The circle was super packed, way more than my experience of Elevation and Vertigo in NA (arenas), but I think this is mostly due to the fact that although there is lots of space (it fits maybe 2,000 people? not sure what the official number is), everyone still wanted to be in the front
-The circle is quite narrow which is awesome, so even if you are on the outer rail inside, you are still quite close to the stage (more than the last two tours)
-Bono and Edge spent quite a lot of time on the rail and bridges, more than I expected given it was the first show, so being in front of the stage might not be the best spot since you´ll miss out on a lot (which means that people camping out are really wasting their time IMO)
-Compared to arena shows (which was my only previous experience for GA), the stage and ramps are quite high and far from the crowd, i.e. Bono can´t really touch people in the front which is kind of too bad
-The way the stage is designed and they use it is really fantastic, it really does give almost everyone a chance to be close to them at some point (ex. for some songs they were playing for the people in the back)

That´s it, for me it was a pretty rough GA experience because the line was quite disorganised and the sun was blaring on our heads all day, but in the end we got in the circle was it was bloody awesome!:up:

Thank you! :)

For people who were front row of the stage, was it hard to see the screens above?

Thanks Oceane! A guy I know who attended the show told us to throw out all our preconceived notions of where the best spot is because it's not necessarily front row, any of the rails are just as good, as Oceane seemed to imply...

Back
Top Bottom