Bono singing in Third Person = New "Characters" on 2009 tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono could be Paul Hewson...

I don't think we ever saw that one. :hmm:

Just bring back Macphisto :hyper:

"so I brought....... these SEXY boots"
:up:
On topic, though, since a lot (if not all) of the songs are supposedly written from/about characters, I would say that the idea of new personae on the 2009 tour isn't just possible, but likely.
My guess is that, if the persona thing plays out, the Unknown Caller is, ironically enough, the one we're most likely to see.
Oh, and protip: Guys, if you decide to do a Zoo TV encore set like on the Vertigo tour, and it doesn't include MacPhisto, you're doing it wrong.
Bring back the Mirror Ball Man while you're at it. He has a vision!

You could've justified the same 17 years ago. And it happened anyway.

i was referring to his age. even for Bono, pushing 50 is a little much for those kinds of things. but who knows. he could be a u-boat captain running out of fuel. there are no horizons...UNDERWATER

:up:
On topic, though, since a lot (if not all) of the songs are supposedly written from/about characters, I would say that the idea of new personae on the 2009 tour isn't just possible, but likely.
My guess is that, if the persona thing plays out, the Unknown Caller is, ironically enough, the one we're most likely to see.
Oh, and protip: Guys, if you decide to do a Zoo TV encore set like on the Vertigo tour, and it doesn't include MacPhisto, you're doing it wrong.
Bring back the Mirror Ball Man while you're at it. He has a vision!

The mirrorball man died under mysterious cicrumstances in heartbreak hotel in 1993

Rumor says that he is going to wear this when they play R&H songs

32915445_scaled_312x416.jpg

Fireman Bono
he could run across the stage with a bucket of water and throw it on Edge whenever he plays a solo

Unknown Caller - might call the White House again. has to be unknown now that he campaigns for support of the president.

Bono just has to make sure to sshhh the stadium as not to give away who he is:D

Unknown Caller - might call the White House again. has to be unknown now that he campaigns for support of the president.

Bono just has to make sure to sshhh the stadium as not to give away who he is:D

You know, now that I think about it...the Unknown Caller would work perfectly with some Mirror Ball Man/MacPhisto-style phone call antics!
I like the cut of your jib, Rathergoblind. :wink:

I know you like your pop stars to be exciting... so I bought these Sexy Boots... :lol:

Haha.... simple and unoriginal, but I could so easily see MacPhisto saying that line like on Zoo TV Sydney! This would work.:lol:

I'd love to see some characters. Those who are saying "it was 17 years ago, "he's nearly fifty" are being very weak-willed. Most actors don't play Lear until their fifties, come on! A new character plus Machphisto would be very welcome. Indeed there could always be a variation on the ZOOTV theme- U 2ube :)

The Clown (Stand Up Comedy)
The Martyr (Persecuted like a national sport, Cedars of Lebanon)
The Messiah (Magnificent)

or better yet:

The Return of MacPhisto, in its true form-
Beer-belly, running mascara, wrinkly, and hunchbacked with a pitchfork cane... looking like he's an octogenarian.

That's what a burnt out rock star would actually look like... not a rejuvenated, scar less face Joker.

I'd love to see some characters. Those who are saying "it was 17 years ago, "he's nearly fifty" are being very weak-willed. Most actors don't play Lear until their fifties, come on! A new character plus Machphisto would be very welcome. Indeed there could always be a variation on the ZOOTV theme- U 2ube :)
You know, I've actually had an idea along these lines, but called "ZooTube." The Internet, in some ways, has become "the new television", and it would certainly work with Zoo TV's themes of information overload...
As for characters:
-Traffic Cop
-Unknown Caller (Since some people have theorized that the Unknown Caller is God, this character would be a good foil for MacPhisto. Obviously, they couldn't directly interact, but the whole "good/evil" thing is to tantalizing to ignore...)
-MacPhisto (Obviously. He could call Obama, the U.N...hell, he could even do this: )
RANDOM PERSON: Hello, this is Domino's.
MACPHISTO: Hello? Yeah, I'd like to order...let's say...8,000 pizzas. Make one of them with ham and pineapple, and for the other 7,999...what do you guys want?
(Huge roar from the crowd)
*CLICK*
MACPHISTO: Hello? Hello?

Back
Top Bottom