A Prayer For All Claw Crews To Be Safe!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoschild2009

War Child
The armpit of the United States: Tucson, AZ
Got this from CNN.com:

(CNN) -- A second person has died during construction for Madonna's upcoming concerts in Marseilles, France, authorities said Friday.

The second fatality was a 32-year-old British citizen, the British Foreign Office and a high-ranking police official said. It was not clear whether the person was a man or woman, but the next of kin had been informed, the Foreign Office said.

A 53-year-old French man was killed Thursday when a crane collapsed at the venue, a fire department spokesman in the southern French city said.
A third person was in critical condition, said Alexandre Lanzalavi, a spokesman for Marseille Hospital. Two other people were in hospital and required surgery, and seven others were treated and released, Lanzalavi said.

Here's hoping that all involved with erecting and dismantling the claws stay safe and broken-bone-free!!!!!

Last edited:
When I first saw the size of the claw it did cross my mind wbout the possibility of an accident. shocked when I heard the madonna news this morning

Although this is terrible news for the Madonna crew, hopefully, the one positive thing that comes about this is the extra awareness/carefullness that the U2 crews will be reminded of during their jobs. I'm sure safetly is certainly on the top of every crew members minds after a terrible incident happens in their respective industry.

omg thats awful
RIP the poor crew
and hope all crew for all tours stay safe

last month on a boyzone tour :reject: cos i know one or two crew on that one was told day before opening nite one of the guys fell off the stage aparantly and broke his leg!

you never think things will go wrong untill they do.

madonna's stage collapse

i didnt see anyone else mention this so here it goes...

with madonna's recent stage collapse killing two people, would you be surprised if something happened to [one of] u2's 3 stages collapsing injuring someone? does it worry you in case they would have to cancel the show?

Back
Top Bottom