2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter%2F2010-08-17_00-33-01.jpg

Bono with Koala and Kangaroo dolls.

Courtesy of U2gigs.

SKINNER: Just write down my findings as I give them to you. Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, twenty-two minutes declination... no sighting.

BART: Mm-hm.

SKINNER: Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, twenty-three minutes declination... no sighting.

BART :Mm-hm.

SKINNER : (excitedly) Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, fifty-eight minutes declination! ...no sighting. Did you get that one Bart?

BART: Hell no.

SKINNER: Good.

YouTube - The simpsons dragnet reference.

SKINNER: Just write down my findings as I give them to you. Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, twenty-two minutes declination... no sighting.

BART: Mm-hm.

SKINNER: Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, twenty-three minutes declination... no sighting.

BART :Mm-hm.

SKINNER : (excitedly) Six hours, nineteen minutes, right ascension, fourteen degrees, fifty-eight minutes declination! ...no sighting. Did you get that one Bart?

BART: Hell no.

SKINNER: Good.

YouTube - The simpsons dragnet reference.

You win an Internet, complete with all the rumours and speculation you can handle.

Twitter%2F2010-08-17_00-33-01.jpg

Bono with Koala and Kangaroo dolls.

Courtesy of U2gigs.

ok can any help with who is interviewing Bono here?? any ideas??

Adding this on top of all these rumors is just incredible.. surely someone can get some leaked info from some stadium venue or some shipping company or some insider... Its got to be a matter of days for a announcement I can feel it.

not meaning to read too much into things, but what about the "Wizard of Oz" snippet the other night? it did get me wondering a bit... :lol:

** RUMOUR ALERT **

I just got an email from a friend who says a friend of hers heard from someone at Universal that U2 will be in Aus in December, and there will be an announcement next week, ahead of tickets going on sale in September.

I'm not sure if I want this to be true or not, but as always I won't start panicking until it's really properly Officially Announced. This is a pretty long chain of friends of friends, after all, and I'm not 100% clear on whether Universal would be the people to know, or what their role in the whole bizzo is.

They'd better not clash with Tommy Emmanuel... :madwife:

big temporary stand being constructed at mt smart in auckland.

same stadium is hosting bon jovi in december, but the seating map on the ticketek website doesn't reflect the existence of those seats - however it may not have been updated or accurate. couldn't find anyone to ask about it. it looks like an international news story waiting to happen.

2010-08-15155452.jpg

I just got an email from a friend who says a friend of hers heard from someone at Universal that U2 will be in Aus in December, and there will be an announcement next week, ahead of tickets going on sale in September.

God Dammit! September! Ultra bad timing for free monies. If all goes well in the finals! ;)

big temporary stand being constructed at mt smart in auckland.

same stadium is hosting bon jovi in december, but the seating map on the ticketek website doesn't reflect the existence of those seats - however it may not have been updated or accurate. couldn't find anyone to ask about it. it looks like an international news story waiting to happen.

2010-08-15155452.jpg

That looks epic. A little too epic for Bon Jovi!

from another U2 fan forum member -

""Breaking news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rove is in Helsinki interviewing U2 for an Aussie exclusive to be broadcast on the 7pm Project on Monday night - Im almost 100% certain this will be the tour announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ""

:applaud:

ok can any help with who is interviewing Bono here?? any ideas??

Adding this on top of all these rumors is just incredible.. surely someone can get some leaked info from some stadium venue or some shipping company or some insider... Its got to be a matter of days for a announcement I can feel it.

from another U2 fan forum - that photo with the koala and kangaroo - the woman in the photo holding the mic is Francis McCahon - one of their publicists. She also shoots alot of the clips that get posted on U2.com...........she's holding a mic........they may have just shot a "we're coming to Oz" clip to go along with the announcement...........

I think it's interesting that today Live Nation - Australia said they had to make a change to their Facebook page and changed it to Live Nation - Australia & New Zealand and their first post was:

Welcome to our new group! Don't forget... there's a MAJOR new announcement coming very very soon.... register for a MY LN Account to be ahead of the pack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom