2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Montreal!!!!..YAY!:yippie::yippie::yippie:

Doesn't look it's gonna happen.The pylon won't fit under the roof,look's like.The height of the stadium from the floor to the roof is 201 feet.The stucture is 164 feet......plus you have to add the pylon.So it's way over 201 with the pole.

wheres that?

I can see the stadium of light from where I live, held 52,000 for take that and oasis concerts this year. Big irish connecttions with sunderland with the football club recently been owned by an irish consortium and chairman is an irish football legend.

Sunderland is a city in the north east oi england, and ive heard them rumours too.

U2 planned another 44 shows for 2010?

Guardian's article Fri 10 July 09

Guardian's reporter Sean Michaels wrote an article about the amount of carbon
creating from the 360° Tour, but except that, there is one more information on his
first words. He is talking about 44 new shows planned for 2010.

The Article: Guardian.co.uk | U2 criticised for world tour carbon footprint

U2-in-Barcelona-for-their-001.jpg

I reckon if the u2ers come back to Scotland next summer, it will probably be Murrayfield Stadiums turn, or perhaps to the home of Bonos team (Glasgow Celtic)

Not that this is really coming as a surprise, but Bono told people they'd be coming to Belgium, Austria nd Switzerland in 2010.

why should they get another leg next year at the expense of none down under :angry:

Plenty of European countries didn't get a concert this year, even those who are regularly treated each tour (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Portugal...). And let's not forget Australia has 30 times less people than in Europe. Don't get me wrong, I would very much like to see an Australian leg. I too have been long bitter about the fact that U2 has been annoyingly neglecting Eastern and Southeastern Europe, but I was never envious of Australia getting gigs because of that.

boo hoo, get on a plane for two hours..

Oh really? You make it sound so simple and cheap. Not everybody can afford (or have the time) to go to U2 concerts all over the continent.

hey neither can we! i only saw 2 shows in 2006 and i have been saving all my spare money and work leave since the last time they were here in the vauge hope they will come next year to see them again .
i couldnt jump on a plane and go see them in europe or america at the moment either.
jeeze.
:grumpy:

hey neither can we! i only saw 2 shows in 2006 and i have been saving all my spare money and work leave since the last time they were here in the vauge hope they will come next year to see them again .
i couldnt jump on a plane and go see them in europe or america at the moment either.
jeeze.
:grumpy:

And that's why, as I said before, I feel sorry that Australia is not getting any information/confirmation about the concerts in 2010 (it's not over yet folks). I wish you guys would get some gigs. I just don't think being grumpy about Europe is bringing anything to the table. It was never a competition.

boo hoo, get on a plane for two hours..

completely hypothetical. if u2 were to play shows up and down new zealand but completely skip australia, would you get on a plane for two hours and not complain bitterly?

perspective people. the combined population of australia and new zealand is about 25 million. california has 36 million people and basically get 1.5 shows. they'll get here - don't get annoyed with the fact that they kinda need to play shows to make the money that will fund the leg of the tour down here. that's not always the case, but it's entirely possible.

i pity those people that live way up north in Canada and have to trek 4000 kms all the way to Toronto or Vancouver on snowshoes.

I'd imagine those are the people that should complain bitterly, but alas, we are Canadian and humble, and just deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom