2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my imagination:

Edmonton x2

Montreal

East Rutherford x2 (new Meadowlands Stadium)

Hartford x2

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Miami

Detroit

Cleveland or Cincinnati

Minneapolis

New Orleans

Kansas City

Denver

Salt Lake City

San Diego

Oakland

Seattle

Mexico City x2

-------------------------

Copenhaguen

Oslo

Helsinki

Moscu?

Athens

Rome x2

Munich

Hamburg or Frankfurt

Brussels x2

London

Manchester x2

Dublin x2 or x3

Madrid x2

Lisboa x2

Marseille

Paris

Geneve or Zurich

Wien x2

------------------------

Then, Southamerica and Australasia.

Vox

Copenhaguen

Oslo

Helsinki

Moscu?

Athens

Rome x2

Munich

Hamburg or Frankfurt

Brussels x2

London

Manchester x2

Dublin x2 or x3

Madrid x2

Lisboa x2

Marseille

Paris

Geneve or Zurich

Wien x2

I don't think Oslo will get a gig. Valle Hovin isn't suitable for this tour's staging requirements. The largest tiered stadium is not very big - if they used it, it would be the smallest venue played by a significant margin. So I'm betting that the Scandinavian gigs will be just Copenhagen and Helsinki, as they both have suitable venues.

I'd definitely also include Dutch shows in there. The fact they're only doing two this time around despite the fact they could easily sell out more indicates to me that they'll be back. If this is the sole 360 Tour visit to the Netherlands, you'd expect there to be three shows - after all, there were three last time, and look how quickly both Vertigo and 360 sold out there! They could probably do five shows at the Amsterdam Arena and still not satisfy demand.

I don't think Oslo will get a gig. Valle Hovin isn't suitable for this tour's staging requirements. The largest tiered stadium is not very big - if they used it, it would be the smallest venue played by a significant margin. So I'm betting that the Scandinavian gigs will be just Copenhagen and Helsinki, as they both have suitable venues.

I'd definitely also include Dutch shows in there. The fact they're only doing two this time around despite the fact they could easily sell out more indicates to me that they'll be back. If this is the sole 360 Tour visit to the Netherlands, you'd expect there to be three shows - after all, there were three last time, and look how quickly both Vertigo and 360 sold out there! They could probably do five shows at the Amsterdam Arena and still not satisfy demand.

Yes, I forgot Rotterdam or Amsterdam in my list!

Vox

I think its a list of places U2 have played previously that would be a possibility on the next leg. I think a lot of them are very good possibilities though.

My guess on the Iowa date is actually Ames IA, not Des Moines. In fact, if its stadiums only it will be Ames. Those of you saying its bunk because Minneapolis isn't listed but IA is. The Outside Broadcast tour did not play Minneapolis. The reason, because they played Ames IA at Cyclone Stadium which was a sellout which was within 4 hours of Minneapolis.

I will NOT be shocked if they do not go back to Chicago or Toronto on the next leg. I think they will play someplace close though, (IE Madison or Buffalo).

Not sure what to make of the arena rumor. I'm 50/50 on it. I do agree though if its stadiums I doubt they would play some of the cities listed as they are to close to other cities listed. (IE Cleveland and Columbus OH, no way they play both if its stadiums only).

I think the only fairly certain thing is that they will be coming back next year.

When I was listening to the radio the other day here in Winnipeg they said they were in "very early talks" with them coming here in 2010. It really wouldn't surprise me because Popmart sold out very fast here.

I wouldn't be surprised (with nothing more than a gut feeling) that the 2010 tour will balance stadium shows and arena shows (like the Rolling Stones have done on their recent NA tours). Some first leg cities (like Toronto and Boston) may not get 2010 shows, but U2'll play neighboring locales (like Buffalo and Providence).

Remember, U2 did skip Boston on Leg 3 of the Elevation Tour (although that could be chalked up to the fans acting up during the first leg DVD filming, which resulted in the lottery/scanning system for the inner circle).

I'd favor more U2 arena shows! :drool:

If they don't play NY, which I doubt they wouldn't, then Philly would definitly get 2 shows.

Ill be happy if Edmonton is confirmed that will be excellent....been waiting very long for them to come back.

True that'll be awesome. If it's in arenas though I can't understand why they'd skip Calgary. Though they skipped Edmonton in 2001 which made absolutely no sense and even less sense to skip both cities on the Vertigo tour in 2005.

If the plan is to play Commonwealth Stadium they should definately do two shows. They'll definately sell both out almost instantly. I mean only counting Calgary and Edmotnon your'e dealing with over 2 million people so......

2nd U.S. Leg?

So, any chance U2 will make another round in the U.S. next year. Because as it stands, they wont be in Northern California for the first time since I dont know when (so I cant see them thus far for this tour.) :confused:

So, any chance U2 will make another round in the U.S. next year. Because as it stands, they wont be in Northern California for the first time since I dont know when (so I cant see them thus far for this tour.) :confused:

I think this is going to be similar to PopMart tour where played Oakland on the first of the US legs and then didn't come back second time around (only we get them second leg instead of first this time).

I wouldn't be surprised (with nothing more than a gut feeling) that the 2010 tour will balance stadium shows and arena shows (like the Rolling Stones have done on their recent NA tours). Some first leg cities (like Toronto and Boston) may not get 2010 shows, but U2'll play neighboring locales (like Buffalo and Providence).

Remember, U2 did skip Boston on Leg 3 of the Elevation Tour (although that could be chalked up to the fans acting up during the first leg DVD filming, which resulted in the lottery/scanning system for the inner circle).

I'd favor more U2 arena shows! :drool:

Providence? If they stick with stadiums, Gillette is the only place in New England they'll play, if they do arena shows (which I doubt), there's still nothing to the standard/size of the TD Garden (that's what its about to be renamed as) in Providence.

Providence? If they stick with stadiums, Gillette is the only place in New England they'll play, if they do arena shows (which I doubt), there's still nothing to the standard/size of the TD Garden (that's what its about to be renamed as) in Providence.

Hartford has a stadium that The Police played at in 2007 and the Stones played at in 2005. I think U2 planning to play there in June 2010.

my bet is these are bunk...

my gut is any US leg in 2010 will be arenas and all of these are stadiums...
theyll dump the claw in the US and move inside...

interestingly though considering the dates listed on eventful are june/july, they bypass the southwest/south (except for miami) which would make some sense that time of year...

i still say it's gotta be arenas in 2010...

(the following is all a twisted unrealistic dream)
and then maybe they'll play, based on recent ticket sales, at the number 2 arena in the US, number 9 in the world... the BOK Center in Tulsa... i know, pipe-dream... but it is booked by live nation and they have played here before ('81 and '83) and those were packed shows (unlike the old okc show they played)...

They've said over and over they won't play arena's on this tour, only tiered stadiums. I doubt they're going to drop the CLAW as it looks like they've invested alot of time and money in the design/construction of it, if the economy is really bad next year, and they don't sell out stadiums here I see them cutting some cities, not going into arena's.

They've said over and over they won't play arena's on this tour, only tiered stadiums. I doubt they're going to drop the CLAW as it looks like they've invested alot of time and money in the design/construction of it, if the economy is really bad next year, and they don't sell out stadiums here I see them cutting some cities, not going into arena's.

Thought i read somewhere that each stage costs $60 million and there are 3 of them. if that's true, they will keep using them.

More scuttlebutt:

- U2 will continue doing stadiums only in the US next summer

- Aloha Stadium in Hawaii is being added to the list

I bet it's more likely that the stages are WORTH 60 million. Probably didn't actually cost that much, as I'm sure things were had at cost, deals were made, products donated...that sorta thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom