World of Warcraft players?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's so terrible! I sit there and think about how possible it would be to just never sleep because I'm playing it so much. :| No wonder college kids fail classes because of it! :ohmy:

I can play like crazy for two more weeks then I have to cut it down because my new semester starts. If I don't I'll be in big trouble! :reject:

I was a WoW addict but haven't played it for about 8 months....my current addiction is City of Heroes.

kellyahern said:

My sister has started playing it recently. She disappears for hours at a time. Everytime I try to get her to explain the game to me, she responds, "Not now, I'm busy!"

It seemed for the first few days, all she did was kill boars :shrug:.

he's the short version of what the game is...

World of Warcraft (WoW) stems from a lines of Warcraft real-time strategies. Two factions, alliance and the horde, at war with each other. Now instead of controlling the troops yourself, you get to play one in an epic battle to defeat your enemy! err..little dramatic.....but anyway.

WoW is a mass multiplayer online role playing game. You play a character from either the Alliance or the Horde amongst a bunch of other people in a vast fantasy world complete with towns, creatures, NPC's (non-player characters) to talk, tradeskills, in game economy, and E-bay...hehe..the auction house.

Pick your profession! Warrior, Mage, Priest, Druid, Rogue, Hunter, shaman (horde only), Paladin (alliance only), and Warlock. May have missed one. anyway, each have their own abilities especially when teaming with other players. Start doing quests to level up your toon and make them more powerful by acquiring items. Follow the story, there's a long history behind everything you interact with during your quests.

Tradeskills are cool. You can become a blacksmith for example and make your own armor and weapons. But in order to do so you must have the right materials to make that item. Some of the items can be found out in the environment, like copper ore can be mined from copper veins....if you have the mining skill then you're set...if not, find another player who is or just go to the auction house and bid on some copper. This is just one example.

Auction House. This is the in-game Ebay. If you have an item that you want to sell then put it here cause selling it to the vendor won't get you as much. Good place to sell materials, like ores, leathers, enchanting components, herbs, etc.

Not too short but it gives you an idea of what the game is about. I will also say that the game is just nice to look at, the world large and world literally take you about 30 minutes (maybe longer) to run from one end to the other....for each continent. Seemless zoning, means that there is no loading time going to one zone to another. So, if I did run from tip to tip, I would never see the 'loading' screen. Anyway, I've blabbed enough. lol

clarityat3am said:
My main is a level 24 Tauren hunter...if anyone cares, or knows what that means. :crack:

I DO! I DO! So, you're probably in the southern barrens, thousand needles or perhaps over in Tarren mill by now.

My main was a lv58 Orc Hunter but I turned to my undead Warrior which I leveled to 60 pretty quickly. Also had a lv45 troll priest and lv30ish Tarren druid. If I had still been playing, i'm sure all of these would've made 60 by now.

Sicy! :madspit: :tongue:

My sister is a level 10 Night Elf Druid (she is very irritated that I interrupted her playing to ask her that :| ).

The game has also somehow possessed my cat :shifty: :
DSCN0775.jpg

and thank you for the explanation daafish :)

I've been to Tarren Mills and all of the Barrens! Haven't ventured to Thousand Needles yet. I still have about 15 quests in my log to finish. haha

That's a lot of characters daa. :ohmy:

My other character is a level 12 undead priest. Oh and my main is level 25 now. :yes:

clarityat3am said:
I've been to Tarren Mills and all of the Barrens! Haven't ventured to Thousand Needles yet. I still have about 15 quests in my log to finish. haha

That's a lot of characters daa. :ohmy:

My other character is a level 12 undead priest. Oh and my main is level 25 now. :yes:

yea, I have a couple others too, but they weren't worth mentioning. I often get a case of alt-itis, hard for me to play one toon all the way through.

One of many stories to mention.
My buddy and I started our druids together, he specced into the healing talents and I the animal forms and we could hold our own against 3-5 even to +1 level mobs. I would herd and he would keep me alive in between swinging his staff. One particular time we pushed it to 5 mobs at once and almost lost it. He died with 3 mobs still left to kill and me at half hit points. No way I could win that fight by myself so I stunned all 3 and rezzed my friend for him to lay some much needed heals on me. We managed to win that fight, good times!

If you ever need some help with quests or anything else game related, let me know here or PM....I know the horde very very well, even after 8 months off the game.

I'm not sure what's scarier...that I'm excited to talk to someone about WoW or that I understood completely what you just said! :lol:

:lol: well, consider this....WoW has over a million subscribers who would know what I'm talking about so you're not alone. :wink:

Did anyone see the South Park episode about WoW? It's the funniest thing they've done in ages :lol:

no, I missed it. In fact, I haven't seen Southpark in quite a looooong time. Think I can see it online?

Back
Top Bottom