US Presidential Election XII - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #741
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:52 AM
In serious Republican candidate news:

Rick Perry will be on 'Dancing with the Stars'.

So after November we may have two Republican candidates on reality TV this fall.

How lovely
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 10:15 AM   #742
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,225
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post


 
 

After seeing Rachel Maddow show the expanded video of the interview with the doctor last night. It is quite clear that the doctor either did not write any of the letter, or was given large pieces of what to put in the letter by the Trump campaign.
He was asked directly if Trump had written the letter or assisted in writing the letter. He smiled and looked down, didn't answer. Kinda gave a knowing look - and his, also very odd, wife jumped in and said - Dr. Bornstein wrote that letter. He wrote it, and its enough. You could tell that she was not being truthful.
He then said something that seemed to be missed even by Maddow. "I wrote it while i had a friend sitting in front of me smiling, to be honest"
I'm guessing the friend was either Trump or a campaign person, telling him what to write.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, if the media actually does their job and digs into it to find out the truth.
__________________

womanfish is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 10:23 AM   #743
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, if the media actually does their job and digs into it to find out the truth.
They won't.

But it's entertaining in a shitstorm kind of way. I mean the letter itself is entertaining, but how adamant the right is about trying to find health issues with Clinton that they create a conspiracy around a flashlight, yet they're just going to let this slide.
BVS is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #744
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,225
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
They won't.

But it's entertaining in a shitstorm kind of way. I mean the letter itself is entertaining, but how adamant the right is about trying to find health issues with Clinton that they create a conspiracy around a flashlight, yet they're just going to let this slide.
But remember - A donor to the Clinton Foundation asked a Clinton aide to be seated at John Kerry's table at a dinner. A request that was not fulfilled. So clearly, she is selling arms on the black market to hostile countries.
womanfish is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 10:29 AM   #745
Blue Crack Supplier
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,555
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
But to simply pretend this is some wild goose chase is to reject reality
Speaking of rejecting reality, how many Republican investigations have uncovered anything worthwhile?
martha is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 10:38 AM   #746
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Do you think this is conjecture?

BEAL's argument, I can understand. I might even agree with that on most days. But to simply pretend this is some wild goose chase is to reject reality

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Yeah, because if this was a real scandal that was somehow outside the norm for arms deals, the Ted Cruz(s) of Congress would be keeping quiet?

Reality?
BVS is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #747
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,510
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
And thus sums up this election, and how utterly stupid the Republicans were to not rally around a single candidate early, allowing this mutant to highjack a nomination that was probably going to be there's to take.

Oh, and yea I'd still vote for Hillary over Saint Bernie any day of the week as well, before THAT while thing inevitably starts again.
I don't know Hillary personally. Her public persona isn't really that appealing. She doesn't have the best speaking voice, and when she tries to act with more joyous emotion, it does come off as fake. She's just a nerdy introvert who's had her entire life out in the public.

I feel for her because of what she has gone through. To have a very messy, disgusting marriage crisis played out for all the world to see, how utterly embarrassing and frightening. To have one side of Congress continually go after you, accusation after accusation, well that would make anyone appear unlikable and jaded.

She is the way she is because of the past 25-30 years in the public eye. She probably comes off as mysterious and evil because she knows whatever she does, or says will get turned into a conspiracy.

Even the bad legislation, mistakes in policy that should be debated end up turning into something more sinister that I become numb to, and even just stop caring.

I don't think we need a pity party for her. She chose this life, and it's how our society has evolved (sadly). I just think some perspective, and empathy towards her goes a long way. I don't think she's evil. I just think she's jaded and been tossed into the shit storm too many times.

She has qualifications. She has faults. Instead of discussing these positions, her ideas. We talk about her "hit squad", "emails", and if she's on her death bed.

Despite all of this, she's still 100000000000000000000000000x better candidate than Donald Trump. The GOP had a chance this election. Her faults or not, Hillary is a flawed candidate. Unlikable to many. Yet the GOP went with a man who is even MORE unlikable. Who'll end up with the lowest voter turnout for women and minorities ever.
BEAL is online now  
Old 08-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #748
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,575
Local Time: 08:52 AM
The "unlikable" piece shouldn't matter at all. She could have the most despicable personality in the world - what does it matter as long as she protects the US economy and promotes equity and safety for US citizens?
iron yuppie is online now  
Old 08-30-2016, 12:32 PM   #749
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,510
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
The "unlikable" piece shouldn't matter at all. She could have the most despicable personality in the world - what does it matter as long as she protects the US economy and promotes equity and safety for US citizens?
Nothing I have seen of her shows me she'll be any different than Obama in that regard. I see social issues continuing to progress, while the economy will be about the same with her.

I don't see her being more Hawkish than Obama. She'll continue to drone, but don't see us invading anyone.
BEAL is online now  
Old 08-30-2016, 02:41 PM   #750
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
NShe'll continue to drone,
Ugh, stop being so sexist, complaining about her voice! You don't see people doing that about Obam .....


Oh. Oops. Never mind.



corianderstem is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 06:42 PM   #751
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,313
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I don't see her being more Hawkish than Obama. She'll continue to drone, but don't see us invading anyone.
Uh, no. Did you not read the article posted in here the other day? She was always arguing for more involvement and ground troops when she worked for this administration. Of course she's going to be more hawkish than Obama, and for me, that's the problem that we can't really fix. The left may be able to persuade her to move in their direction enough that her administration functions as the third term of Obama, but we're likely to make no headway in changing her mind regarding foreign affairs and that's a shame.
BigMacPhisto is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 06:44 PM   #752
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
In serious Republican candidate news:

Rick Perry will be on 'Dancing with the Stars'.

So after November we may have two Republican candidates on reality TV this fall.

How lovely
Yeah, that news did not make me happy .

I'm hoping the show can do a double elimination the first week and let both him and Ryan Lochte go at once ..
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #753
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,644
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
What's really annoying is those little iPad looking credit card processing machines you see at a bunch of small businesses. Where they swipe your card and you sign and it prompts you for a tip... except you didn't receive a service that you traditionally tip on. Someone made you a coffee or something, and you feel awkwardly guilty for clicking the "No Tip" button instead of one of the suggested percentages.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. When you're getting a full wage, I don't think I need to tip you for taking my money. Sorry.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 08-31-2016, 12:41 PM   #754
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,510
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Wonder how the meeting between Trump and the President of Mexico goes down.

Assume the Wall Deal will be signed and sealed.
BEAL is online now  
Old 08-31-2016, 01:02 PM   #755
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 08:52 AM
US Presidential Election XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Yeah, because if this was a real scandal that was somehow outside the norm for arms deals, the Ted Cruz(s) of Congress would be keeping quiet?



Reality?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...turn-donations

It's like we're not even gonna bother to do rudimentary google searches before rebutting. Not only can we find the Ted Cruz(s) of congress commenting, we can find Ted Cruz himself commenting. Over a year ago.

Additionally, by what mathematical logic can you say a more than 100% increase in the amount of arms deals is not outside of the norm for arms deals? That makes no sense whatsoever

Not going to discuss what other republican investigations have shown, because that's an obvious non sequitur.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 08-31-2016, 01:07 PM   #756
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
And thus sums up this election, and how utterly stupid the Republicans were to not rally around a single candidate early, allowing this mutant to highjack a nomination that was probably going to be there's to take.

Oh, and yea I'd still vote for Hillary over Saint Bernie any day of the week as well, before THAT while thing inevitably starts again.

Agree with every word of this. Though I'd only not vote Bernie because I probably couldn't afford to


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 08-31-2016, 01:15 PM   #757
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...turn-donations

It's like we're not even gonna bother to do rudimentary google searches before rebutting. Not only can we find the Ted Cruz(s) of congress commenting, we can find Ted Cruz himself commenting. Over a year ago.

Additionally, by what mathematical logic can you say a more than 100% increase in the amount of arms deals is not outside of the norm for arms deals? That makes no sense whatsoever
I'm sorry, where did he discuss the arms deal? That article just spoke of normal campaigning against a candidate.

I'm saying if this arms deal was a real issue then he would be speaking about this IN CONGRESS. I haven't heard one person in Congress speak to the arms deal in question, just of the foundation. And most of that is just typical politicking.
BVS is offline  
Old 08-31-2016, 01:19 PM   #758
War Child
 
Caleb8844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 662
Local Time: 08:52 AM
US Presidential Election XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I'm sorry, where did he discuss the arms deal? That article just spoke of normal campaigning against a candidate.



I'm saying if this arms deal was a real issue then he would be speaking about this IN CONGRESS. I haven't heard one person in Congress speak to the arms deal in question, just of the foundation. And most of that is just typical politicking.

Did you read the original comment?

The original comment is pointing to a connection between foreign governments donating to the Clinton foundation and then receiving a vast increase in weapons deals approved by the state department.

Congress rejected the Bahrain deal. The administration went around congress.

The question here is corruption.

As for Cruz coming out against the arms deal...when has Ted Cruz become anyone's moral guide to arms deals?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Caleb8844 is offline  
Old 08-31-2016, 01:41 PM   #759
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post

As for Cruz coming out against the arms deal...when has Ted Cruz become anyone's moral guide to arms deals?
Moral guide? That's not the point at all.

The issue is the arms deal. Would it have been any different if it weren't for the donation. Correct?!

I'm saying if you're a member of Congress and a questionable arms deal is happening, that's a political football that you would jump on and run into the ground. That would be HUGE. That would be Iran Contra political fodder. But no one in Congress is jumping on it. So if the arms deal alone isn't an issue, then making this connection with the foundation is indeed just another political goose chase.
BVS is offline  
Old 08-31-2016, 03:56 PM   #760
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,180
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
Clinton emailed classified information after leaving State Dept. | New York Post

Quote:
Hillary Clinton continued sending classified information even after leaving the State Department, The Post has exclusively learned.

On May 28, 2013, months after stepping down as secretary of state, Clinton sent an email to a group of diplomats and top aides about the “123 Deal” with the United Arab Emirates.

But the email, which was obtained by the Republican National Committee through a Freedom of Information Act request, was heavily redacted upon its release by the State Department because it contains classified information.

The markings on the email state it will be declassified on May 28, 2033, and that information in the note is being redacted because it contains “information regarding foreign governors” and because it contains “Foreign relations or foreign activities of the United States, including confidential sources.”

The email from Clinton was sent from the email account — hrod17@clintonemail.com — associated with her private email server.

The email’s recipients were Deputy Secretary of State William Burns, diplomat Jeffrey Feltman, policy aide Jake Sullivan, diplomat Kurt Campbell, State Department chief of staff Cheryl Mills, and Clinton aide Huma Abedin.
We're just as shocked as you, Caleb
__________________

Bluer White is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×