US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated! - Page 44 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2021, 02:18 PM   #861
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Is Susan Collins ok?
-snerk-

at most she's "concerned"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
they don't, though. the democrats do NOT have the power to do this - because there are two democratic senators who won't go along with it. it's disingenuous to say "the democrats" or "biden" has the power to change this. they don't. at least right now. Manchin has the power, and he's not interested. all the pressure in the world isn't going to change that because if he flips? West Virginia will vote him out in a heartbeat. and then what?

you need purple candidates to win purple districts. without Manchin and Sinema the republicans would control the senate and absolutely nothing would have gotten done this year - and without purple congresspersons in the house the republicans probably would have impeached Biden over Major biting a secret service member by now.

but you need to have actual control - not control by a technicality (i.e. two independents caucusing with you and the veep as the tie breaker just to pass even budgetary issues). if the democrats want to change things, they need more seats.

it would be fantastic if Manchin grew a set and said "you know what? I know it will make me lose my seat, but it's the right thing to do." but, uh, that's not happening.

and even if it did? guess what... the democrats STILL need more seats, because if you lose Manchin, you lose the senate.

republicans spent decades eating away at local races, shaping the judiciary and polluting all of our sources of news with their propaganda. one defeat of an extraordinarily unpopular, unfit and unqualified president (who still probably only lost because of COVID) and technical control of the senate by the slimmest of slim margins isn't going to change that.

what's happened in Texas has been inevitable since 2016. if Clinton wins the democrats would conceivably have the same 6-3 advantage in the supreme court right now, and this wouldn't have happened. but, you know, she was the same as trump and her emails or some shit.
Im afraid you're mostly right.
And I definitely remember reading stuff way back as how the republicans are rebuilding their party from the ground up (local, State) to get to the bigger offices.

Plus Gingrich, and Paul Weyrich!

But a question?
Who's the second Independent?
Bernie, sure, but _________?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
As for politicians they will always sacrifice women, minorities, even children (see Sandy Hook and all other school shootings. Also DeSantis Florida schools). Rich white guy lives matter.
A bit over generalized (imho) still way too much true.

One of my Liberal Texan friends of my age does have a daughter. My friend has a seriously disabled husband (not all age related) that she worries over, and now she has to extra worry about her daughter's safety!

It. Is. Terrifying. Infuriating.

Someday more people will think of women as
people first, instead of "broodmares" (of course good mothers are to be blessed). But not today.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #862
Blue Crack Supplier

Hey, Gump how r u

Old 09-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #863
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

I’m not all that pessimistic about 2024 … what Trump had in the eyes of some voters, that is basically inimitable, is that he wasn’t a “politician” and pulled off the magic trick of making whites without college degreees feel as if he was on their side. He turned out folks consistently missed by pollsters, the same pollsters who basically got it right in 2008 and 2012. Trump disrupts their models.

No one buys that bullshit from Ted Cruz. Or Rubio. Or anyone I can think of. They are all from the same factory.

2022 I have no idea. I guess I agree the House looks bad (?) but the Senate seems quite winnable.
Old 09-02-2021, 03:32 PM   #864
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Old 09-03-2021, 09:44 AM   #865
Refugee

James Comey & Bill DeBlasio are two political figures able to unify the left and the right… in disdain for them.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #866
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Totally missed this.

https://youtu.be/SBdjUoyqPH0
Old 09-04-2021, 06:34 AM   #867
Blue Crack Distributor

Well Putin wasn't watching so Ron Jon thought he was in the clear
Old 09-04-2021, 08:18 AM   #868
Blue Crack Distributor

The bastion of liberal activism... checks notes... GoDaddy has shut down the Texas abortion snitch site.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:56 AM   #869
Blue Crack Addict

Since Trump is only up by 1% it's definitely rigged!

Newsweek.com

Donald Trump Beats Joe Biden in 2024 Election Poll

BY JACK DUTTON ON 9/06/21 AT 5:24 AM EDT

A national Emerson College Poll found that if the two men were to go head-to-head in 2024, Trump would be slightly favored with 47 percent against Biden's 46 percent.

Biden has split job approval among registered voters, the poll found. It said that around 47 percent disapprove and 46 percent approve of the work he is doing as president. The other 7 percent were undecided.

Of the Democrats polled, 60 percent said they would see Biden as the 2024 presidential nominee, while 39 percent said they would rather it be someone else.

Of the Republican voters polled, 67 percent said they would vote for Trump in a hypothetical GOP primary with seven other candidates, including Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (the only candidate to reach double-digit support at 10 percent when the former president is in the race) , former Vice President Mike Pence, Texas Senator Ted Cruz and former South Carolina Governor and ex-UN Ambassador Nikki Haley.

When placed head-to-head in a hypothetical 2024 presidential race, Biden is favorite to win against all of the other Republican challengers, including DeSantis.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:58 AM   #870
Blue Crack Addict

I would add people with covid to that list

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210905-113108~2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	12956
Old 09-07-2021, 10:08 AM   #871
Blue Crack Distributor

is weather US politics? i know climate is, but how about weather? i literally have no idea where else to put this rant so here goes.

hey - dumbasses in the northeast? the national weather service literally predicted that there would be unprecedented rain fall last week, with the possibility of 5 to 6 inches per hour falling. so if i see one more person or politician on the television talking about how unexpected it was that so much rain fell last week i'm going to throw a shoe through my TV.

it was not unexpected. it's because your dumb ass didn't take the warnings seriously - probably because a few weeks earlier the hurricane expected to hit the northeast fizzled out (thankfully), so you let your guard down because "weatherpersons are always wrong" or some shit.

ok i'm done now.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #872
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
is weather US politics? i know climate is, but how about weather? i literally have no idea where else to put this rant so here goes.

hey - dumbasses in the northeast? the national weather service literally predicted that there would be unprecedented rain fall last week, with the possibility of 5 to 6 inches per hour falling. so if i see one more person or politician on the television talking about how unexpected it was that so much rain fell last week i'm going to throw a shoe through my TV.

it was not unexpected. it's because your dumb ass didn't take the warnings seriously - probably because a few weeks earlier the hurricane expected to hit the northeast fizzled out (thankfully), so you let your guard down because "weatherpersons are always wrong" or some shit.

ok i'm done now.
Weird how people didn't take warnings seriously.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:49 AM   #873
Blue Crack Addict

Weather is definitely political. It’s not about the meteorological science, it’s about your opinion!
Old 09-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #874
Blue Crack Addict

Weather and climate change should not be political. Some Republicans made it/make it political, because God controls the weather?
Old 09-07-2021, 11:32 AM   #875
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:17 PM
An umbrella takes away my freedom to get drenched
Old 09-07-2021, 03:12 PM   #876
Blue Crack Supplier

Good news, everyone!

Texas is going to end rape!

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/gov-...mpression=true
Old 09-07-2021, 03:17 PM   #877
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Good news, everyone!

Texas is going to end rape!

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/gov-...mpression=true
Hopefully this takes off in other states too. Not sure why we didn't think of this solution earlier. So much easier!
Old 09-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #878
Blue Crack Addict

Well.of course all the rapists in Texas are illegal immigrants from Mexico. Problem solved.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:32 PM   #879
Blue Crack Addict

Sat 9/18 rally in DC in support of the insurrectionists. Organized by a former Trump campaign staffer. Very scary
Old 09-08-2021, 07:10 AM   #880
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Sat 9/18 rally in DC in support of the insurrectionists. Organized by a former Trump campaign staffer. Very scary
Just funnel them all into a series of paddy wagons.