US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like Israel is seeing breakthrough infections in the cohort that was vaccinated first suggesting some waning immunity after 6 months which jives with Pfizer saying they have similar data and are recommending the third shot/second booster. It would be easiest to conclude Pfizer is just angling for an annuity here but I see no reason why the Israelis would be anything but truthful in this instance.

We'll see how this develops over time.

So it looks like Israel is seeing breakthrough infections in the cohort that was vaccinated first suggesting some waning immunity after 6 months which jives with Pfizer saying they have similar data and are recommending the third shot/second booster. It would be easiest to conclude Pfizer is just angling for an annuity here but I see no reason why the Israelis would be anything but truthful in this instance.

We'll see how this develops over time.

You see no reason why Israel, a militant right wing state who struck a deal as Pfizer’s prize customer and gives zero fucks about what’s best for anyone but Israel, would lie?

I $ee plenty of rea$on$.

Fortune.com

An antiabortion law in Texas will soon allow any U.S. citizen to sue Texas-based abortion clinics, doctors, and anyone who aids in an abortion. If successful, the petitioner, who does not have to reside in Texas, will receive an $10,000 award and the cost for attorney’s fees. Pro-choice advocates worry that this cash prize may create a new cottage industry of aggressive antiabortion bounty hunters.

The provision, which passed the Texas state legislature this spring, is part of a larger antiabortion bill which will ban all abortions after a doctor detects a fetal heartbeat, usually around the six-week mark.

You see no reason why Israel, a militant right wing state who struck a deal as Pfizer’s prize customer and gives zero fucks about what’s best for anyone but Israel, would lie?

I $ee plenty of rea$on$.

I really don't in this instance buy into some conspiracy theory.

Israel's militancy also has nothing to do with this.

As far as the vaccine rollout and collection of data and studies they have basically been impeccable. Their vaccine passports have also been remarkably effective. And all of their published studies have been exactly in line with other studies around the world. I see absolutely zero reason why they would now act like shills for Pfizer by what? Inventing data? Falsifying clinical studies? Which, by the way, could and would be invalidated in the next 2-3 months as other studies come out of North America and the EU.

I really don't in this instance buy into some conspiracy theory.

Israel's militancy also has nothing to do with this.

As far as the vaccine rollout and collection of data and studies they have basically been impeccable. Their vaccine passports have also been remarkably effective. And all of their published studies have been exactly in line with other studies around the world. I see absolutely zero reason why they would now act like shills for Pfizer by what? Inventing data? Falsifying clinical studies? Which, by the way, could and would be invalidated in the next 2-3 months as other studies come out of North America and the EU.

Conspiracy theory? Give me a break. Suggesting the Israeli government has the capability of being dishonest isn’t a conspiracy theory.

Fortune.com

An antiabortion law in Texas will soon allow any U.S. citizen to sue Texas-based abortion clinics, doctors, and anyone who aids in an abortion. If successful, the petitioner, who does not have to reside in Texas, will receive an $10,000 award and the cost for attorney’s fees. Pro-choice advocates worry that this cash prize may create a new cottage industry of aggressive antiabortion bounty hunters.

The provision, which passed the Texas state legislature this spring, is part of a larger antiabortion bill which will ban all abortions after a doctor detects a fetal heartbeat, usually around the six-week mark.
We should honestly just agree to disagree with Texas and go our separate ways.

This way we don't have to bail them out when their electrical grid fails again.

Maybe we can even build a wall around them. I've heard that's a thing.

Yes between bounties for abortions, voter suppression, gun mania, their governor, and more Texas has it all. I'm sure there are plenty of people there who disagree with all of it. Just don't know how they deal with it.

Very important breaking news. I remember when ?? made an issue about this regarding his hair

(CNN)The Department of Energy is moving to reverse a Trump-era rule that rolled back water efficiency standards for showerheads, an administration official confirmed to CNN on Friday.

The Trump-era showerhead rule took aim at the 2.5-gallon-per-minute maximum flow rate set by Congress in the 1990s. During the Obama administration, each showerhead in a fixture counted toward that limit collectively -- but the Energy Department under then-President Donald Trump moved to let each showerhead reach the 2.5-gallon-per-minute individually.

The new proposal from President Joe Biden's administration would revert to the showerhead standards set by the Obama administration. The proposed action is set to be published in the Federal Register, after which it will undergo a 60-day public comment period.

We should honestly just agree to disagree with Texas and go our separate ways.

This way we don't have to bail them out when their electrical grid fails again.

Maybe we can even build a wall around them. I've heard that's a thing.

Append Florida to them and you're good.

This abortion law is totally absurd.

The only people who will be getting rich off this will be the lawyers. And I say that as a lawyer.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1414355319174533120?s=21

I know Trump dominates the Polls, but she seems like a dark horse. She plays the race game perfectly. She’s attractive which will get her more attention. Frankly she appears to be an evil, hateful, and spiteful person. Perfect for the top ticket in the GOP

And Kamala doesn’t read as evil, hateful, and spiteful to you?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...unpredictable-demeaning-behavior-offices.html

Last edited:
Being a difficult boss is the not the same as killing your own people to own the libs

I’m not far right by any means and I myself have a difficult boss but I truly believe that Kamala is not someone who should be trusted or respected

The way that folks can’t bring themselves to like trump no matter what is how I feel about Kamala. She just reads phony to me.

Last edited:
I’m not far right by any means and I myself have a difficult boss but I truly believe that Kamala is not someone who should be trusted or respected

The way that folks can’t bring themselves to like trump no matter what is how I feel about Kamala. She just reads phony to me.

That’s on you then.

With Trump, we have four years of evidence of a disastrous presidency, as well as a lifetime of rape, racism, criminality, and overall malice towards all life on earth except for Ivanka.

And then we have this article.

Yes - Kamala with all her blatant racism, utter incompetence and psychotic, rapey behavior is just like Trump. I see the comparison you're making. Don't let these libtards tell you otherwise. It's just an elite east coach echo chamber in here.

Last edited:
Ha!

For all I know, Kamala Harris is a terrible boss. But it's also interesting to me that these stories emerge about women (remember the ones about Klobuchar likewise being a nightmare to work for) and then persist and persist when in fact the vast majority of executives and people in power are men and a good number of those are just peaches to work for.

Eight months isn't long enough...

(CNN)A man who pleaded guilty to breaching the Senate chamber during the US Capitol insurrection was sentenced Monday to eight months in prison in a closely watched case that could influence how hundreds of other rioters charged with the same felony are punished.

Paul Hodgkins, a 38-year-old Floridian, is now the first Capitol rioter charged with a felony to be sentenced. He pleaded guilty last month to obstructing congressional proceedings -- specifically, the counting of the electoral votes, which he helped delay by storming the Senate chamber on January 6. He spent about 15 minutes inside, wearing a Donald Trump shirt and carrying a Trump flag.

The sentence is less than the 1.5-year sentence that the Justice Department asked for. Hodgkins was seeking probation.

Federal District Judge Randolph Moss said Hodgkins contributed to a grave offense against democracy but deserved some leniency because he pleaded guilty "exceptionally early" in the process and was not involved in any of the violence on January 6. Still, Moss condemned Hodgkins' actions.

"He was staking a claim on the floor of the United States Senate, not with the American flag but with a flag declaring his loyalty to a single individual over the entire nation," Moss said.

"When a mob is prepared to attack the Capitol to prevent elected officials from both parties from performing their constitutional and statutory duty, democracy is in trouble ... the damage that they caused that day is way beyond the delays that day. It is a damage that will persist in this country for decades."

Moss -- and his reasoning -- could set a benchmark for other Capitol riot cases. Nearly 550 rioters have been charged overall, and the Justice Department says at least 230 of them have been charged with the same obstruction crime to which Hodgkins pleaded guilty.

Good God what a loathsome piece of crap he is

(CNN)The numbers are deeply worrisome.

Covid-19 cases -- fueled by the fast-spreading Delta variant -- have nearly tripled over the past three weeks. Every state in the country has seen an increase in cases.

It is, by any measure, a fraught moment in the 16-month fight against the virus. People need to get vaccinated or run the very real risk of getting the Delta variant.

At moments like these, leaders matter. What our elected officials say (and do) about vaccines matter -- they model behavior that, ideally, people follow.

Enter Donald Trump.

"Joe Biden kept talking about how good of a job he's doing on the distribution of the Vaccine that was developed by Operation Warp Speed or, quite simply, the Trump Administration," the 45th president said in a statement released via his Save America PAC on Sunday. "He's not doing well at all. He's way behind schedule, and people are refusing to take the Vaccine because they don't trust his Administration, they don't trust the Election results, and they certainly don't trust the Fake News, which is refusing to tell the Truth."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom