US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He pardoned Bannon and Lil Wayne.Supposedly had to be talked out of pardoning himself and his kids.

Good riddance Trump, stain on this country and a disgrace to the office. Couldn't even say the name of the man who defeated you, you petty little narcissist.

I absolutely adore two things related to his not as terrible as expected pardons;

1) once he realized that he couldn't issue a pardon without saying what crime was being pardoned, he not only gave up on his self pardon but through his family and close associates under the bus, too. If the boss can't get pardoned, the capos can't get pardoned.

2) he tossed out any chance of a resignation/Pence pardon by, ya know, sending a mob to try and hang him.

Good times, good times. Fuck em all.

Today we find out that deficits and 4000 people dying a day are bad. And Joe’s fault.

Donald Trump was one of the worst presidents in US history.

I sincerely hope that Joe Biden will be a better president than Joe Biden says he is going to be.

I don’t understand how middle aged conservative uber right-wing relatives I have INSIST that Trump was the greatest president we had in this lifetime.

I don’t know what criteria they used when coming up with this.

ABC just reported that some Democrats are wearing body armor under their clothing.

Also some people still don't seem to know the mask goes over the nose. Including Bill Clinton

Four year nightmare is over. Of course it’s roots have been growing for longer than that.

Biden has one objective and that’s to solve covid, and with it the economy. If either fails, then i can’t see how 2024 doesn’t go Red

What is so mind blowing to me is that after four years of incompetence, malice, cruelty, danger, destruction, and death we were only 44,000 votes away (across three states) from Trump holding on.

Another term would have certainly ended our democracy, and present an dire threat to society on a global scale.

The Dems can’t spend their time bickering over tiny little details these next two years. Pass laws that will provide benefit. Don’t fight over identity politics or horribly worded slogans. Pass reforms that will work.

And continue to fight like hell to keep the base energized because we are one election away from losing it all again.

Not ashamed to admit that I shed some tears watching the first woman VP sworn in. I wonder if there will ever be a female President sworn in. But I definitely celebrate today.

Good riddance #45. The worst in my short lifetime.
Hello, #46 and Madam Vice President. It’s go time!

Dear DC politicians,

Please don't wear your masks under your nose.

Sincerely,

gump

Not ashamed to admit that I shed some tears watching the first woman VP sworn in.

Same. So cool to see her making history like this :up: :).

Absolutely lovely inauguration. The speeches were wonderful, the performances beautiful and moving. I know we've got a long road ahead in terms of all that needs to be repaired and improved and whatnot. I do not for one minute believe things will be resolved overnight, nice as that would be, nor do I envy Biden and Harris the Herculean task ahead of them.

But I definitely wish them, and the Democrats as a whole, well in their efforts going forward. I hope there will be many significant positive changes coming our way at long last, and that the dark days of Trumpism and all the ugliness that comes with it will soon be nothing but a distant, awful memory, and an important lesson we carry with us going forward, so we never go through this sort of nightmare again.

In the meantime, today, I'm going to celebrate and breathe. I'm going to rejoice in the fact that Trump is at long last GONE, and I will no longer have to give a shit about what he said or did today, and I can feel safe and comfortable going to sleep again at night. It's a strange feeling to adjust to, but I'm definitely enjoying it.

I just hope somewhere, Trump is watching this and weeping uncontrollably.

I hope he and his family are nervously staring at their door, awaiting a potential knock from law enforcement, and worrying about which criminal/civil battles they'll have to deal with first.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1351937228314914819

giphy.gif

I read an article earlier about Q Anon losing their minds today..oh wait, that already happened.

I would say though, there could have been a hidden message in Bernie's mittens. And Lady Gaga's giant dove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom