US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection - Page 39 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2021, 12:42 PM   #761
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Oh, and fuck Ronald Reagan.

It makes sense that callous, shit-for-brains Trump supporters would idolize someone who doubled down on the endlessly destructive war on drugs, contributed to greater hardships within the black community, ignored the AIDS epidemic, removed safety nets for the poor, negotiated with terrorists, looked the other way on atrocities when they couldn't be attributed to Communism, vetoed anti-Apartheid legislation, and tripled the national debt while claiming an economic policy designed to benefit the rich would eventually trickle down to the working class.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #762
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:08 PM
In all my years of posting here I have always suspected that Moonlit Angel is a fascist. Phew, glad someone finally outed her.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:52 PM   #763
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Exhibit #540 as to why Ronald Reagan’s classic quote remains true.....”If fascism ever comes to America, it will be in the form of Liberalism.”

Classic.
are the fascist liberals coming to america before or after the end of ordinary spring?
Old 02-15-2021, 02:40 PM   #764
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:08 PM
US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

Quote:
Exhibit #540 as to why Ronald Reagan’s classic quote remains true.....”If fascism ever comes to America, it will be in the form of Liberalism.”

Classic.

Says the man who has nothing to say about thousands of right wingers literally storming the capitol to overturn an election and prevent a peaceful transition of power .

2¢ seems an exceedingly generous valuation.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:48 PM   #765
Blue Crack Addict

Guys he is just concerned for your eternal damnation due to his sincere religious beliefs.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:07 PM   #766
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Says the man who has nothing to say about thousands of right wingers literally storming the capitol to overturn an election and prevent a peaceful transition of power .

2¢ seems an exceedingly generous valuation.

You’re wrong, they were Nancy’s Army!!
Old 02-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #767
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:

Classic.
Do you think you're making an actual point here, or...?

I don't think terrorists and terrorist sympathizers should be respected nor listened to. Crazy idea, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
In all my years of posting here I have always suspected that Moonlit Angel is a fascist. Phew, glad someone finally outed her.
I've hid it so well for so long, it feels good to finally be free to be myself !
Old 02-15-2021, 03:37 PM   #768
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I don't think terrorists and terrorist sympathizers should be respected nor listened to. Crazy idea, I know.
Only if they're white men with zip ties and emojis.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:46 PM   #769
War Child

This is what conservatives online do. They ignore everything except specific things they have pre-programmed one-liners for. There's no use engaging with the lost causes.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:48 PM   #770
Blue Crack Addict

They weren't terrorists, they were patriots. Even Ivanka said so👍
Old 02-15-2021, 03:52 PM   #771
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
This is what conservatives online do. They ignore everything except specific things they have pre-programmed one-liners for. There's no use engaging with the lost causes.

While I acknowledge the textbookiness you’re referring to, I think it’s important to treat everyone like an individual...

... and this guy is a pretty bad individual lmao.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #772
Blue Crack Addict

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...077?ri18n=true

Depressing and heartbreaking.

I don't understand how this happens...as a mother, there is nothing in this world that means as much to me as my children. The reasons to get up in the morning and face the day. They are bright and beautiful and thankfully still young enough to want to hang out with us.

The idea of cutting them off in the name of a cult is so bizarre, so beyond comprehension and at the same time it's increasingly happening with families.

There is one good friend of mine whom I consider totally lost. I've written about her before, lives in Long Island and was pulled into the cult by her husband (although she has also taken up with the MLM "huns" so there's no telling how much they and the essential oils they're sniffing have also contributed). She works in the legal field, I met her years ago when I lived in NYC and we kept in touch as we were of a similar age, had kids at similar times and so on. I no longer engage with her but it's sadly come to the point where I am going to have to delete her from my social media. Frankly I thought she's purge me by now but no, she persists in posting things that just present her to be such an awful person and I no longer have the stomach for it.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:11 AM   #773
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Texas has its own power grid ? Not surprising since they’ve always wanted to go it alone (it’s in their damn slogan!!)

And of course they rail against the Federal government but as soon as a disaster hits, and one that is entirely on them, they want their handouts.

It’s easy to say fuck them but unfortunately that hurts a lot of innocent people. And a lot of people are going to freeze to death before help can arrive.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:14 AM   #774
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah same deal with Florida and Alaska and the Midwest c’mon now lol
Old 02-16-2021, 11:28 AM   #775
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Texas has its own power grid ? Not surprising since they’ve always wanted to go it alone (it’s in their damn slogan!!)

And of course they rail against the Federal government but as soon as a disaster hits, and one that is entirely on them, they want their handouts.

It’s easy to say fuck them but unfortunately that hurts a lot of innocent people. And a lot of people are going to freeze to death before help can arrive.
This is the right attitude. It's been really demoralizing to see all of this "you reap what you sow" sneering at people in states that end up in the red column when disasters happen to them, as if there aren't plenty of people suffering who didn't ask for the negative things happening to them. And it's not like it's limited to red states; just look at what has happened with PG&E in California. I don't see people lining up to thumb their nose at wildfire victims there the way they do at southern states. The people who led us to this point are never the ones who actually suffer the consequences.

Privatizing utilities is a disaster every single time.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #776
Blue Crack Addict

I mean the whole “you reap what you sow” thing is a joke - as someone from Florida who happily shits on his own state, it’s annoying as fuck to have to defend it when someone like my roommate or someone here calls it a red state and then goes off about how progressive Massachusetts is. Like, there are almost as many democrat voters in Florida as there are people in Massachusetts. And we can buy alcohol on Sundays thx.

Shaming big states like Texas/Florida/Ohio because of their redness is falling victim to the political game you’ve been fed your whole life of “winner take all.”
Old 02-16-2021, 11:54 AM   #777
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I mean the whole “you reap what you sow” thing is a joke - as someone from Florida who happily shits on his own state, it’s annoying as fuck to have to defend it when someone like my roommate or someone here calls it a red state and then goes off about how progressive Massachusetts is. Like, there are almost as many democrat voters in Florida as there are people in Massachusetts. And we can buy alcohol on Sundays thx.

Shaming big states like Texas/Florida/Ohio because of their redness is falling victim to the political game you’ve been fed your whole life of “winner take all.”
Similarly, using California as an example of a liberal haven is absolutely laughable. There are more Republican voters here than anywhere else in the country, mainly up around Sacramento. Even in SoCal, Orange County, especially Huntington Beach, is basically conservative Florida. No state this large is a monolith. This is what our map looked like in 2020:

Old 02-16-2021, 12:00 PM   #778
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

CA is a bit of a liberal mirage. Propped up by images of beaches, surfers, Hollywood, and of course people smelling their own farts San Francisco (I kid).

The state is a bit of a disaster in regards to the Climate, wealth inequality, homelessness, and people are leaving in droves (for TX....which maybe they're wishing for the heat of the fires at this moment).

Where I'm at is definitely more liberal than Des Moines (hometown), but a 30 mile drive up north and even though you're still on the beaches, it's a mix of crazy GOP and the uber rich GOP.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #779
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/lispower1/status...193113603?s=21

This is the fault of wind turbines!!!

When you have a giant company like FoxNews promoting this bullshit, with no consequences at all for doing so it’s no wonder our country is falling apart.

Then you’ll get the network news booking the GOP to repeat this lie with zero pushback.
Old 02-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #780
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, they’re lacking oil in fucking Texas