US Politics XXIV: Your Country Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is truly the stupidest thing I've read today.

She wants to be the VP pick because she is overly ambitious and ultimately wants to be President. That is literally the fucking point, particularly when the presidential candidate is older than Methuselah.

I don't know about the others but Susan Rice is out - she's never been elected to anything and she's way too tied to the Clintons. She's obviously intelligent and well spoken and capable but that sort of baggage isn't necessary.

I don't know who Karen Bass is, though I suppose that in itself could be a strategy.

Well women are somehow always "overly ambitious". I wonder if they'd be saying that if it was Pete Buttigieg. It is literally the fucking point. Was Cheney overly ambitious?

Remember, Hillary was overly ambitious too. CoPresident, aggressive, unladylike, scheming, a bitch, a witch.

He followed this up by saying he rescinded some Obama/Biden policy. Keep blowing that dog whistle Donnie.

I have a newsflash for him-covid and his complete debacle mishandling of it is wiping out that so called Suburban Lifestyle Dream capitalized. Going to create the need for much more low income housing.

@realDonaldTrump

I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood...

12:19 PM · Jul 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

While it shouldn’t be taken lightly it’s clearly to move all visibility away from the economic numbers. Which in a few days will be blamed on a Joe Biden Presidency

My buggiest issue with trumps election delay talk is that the media will bring people on to both sides it or “maybe we SHOULD consider delaying the election....”

The Steve Bannon playbook of flooding the zone with shit has worked perfectly. Adding the pandemic was cherry on top.

Trump is killing the post office slowly and doing so will help create the vote by mail issues he’s complaining about.

So we’ll have to turn out in person knowing that polling stations will be limited.

And we all know this race will tighten. No way does Joe keep this big of a lead.

One wild card is when schools start back up (some have just this week) and kids, teachers, and families start getting sick or worse. People don’t like children being harmed. If kids do end up passing because of Devos and Trump saying there was no risk so get back in there!! Maybe that pushes Joe over the top for good

And we all know this race will tighten. No way does Joe keep this big of a lead.

Not so sure about this. While it’s easy (and good) to get worked up over today’s tweet, he sounds he a complete and total fucking loser who knows he’s losing and is going to lose. That does not play well in politics as it’s the least inspiring thing ever. This plus the catastrophic GDP report and I can see him falling into the mid-30s.

He has no moves left, the only possible deus ex machina for him is a vaccine.

Don’t forget that Barr spelled out their other October surprise being the IG report on Biden

(And anyone else they want to throw in for the deep state )

Don’t forget that Barr spelled out their other October surprise being the IG report on Biden

(And anyone else they want to throw in for the deep state )

I think this is a sad play really. I mean people are pretty locked in already. By October, if people's kids are getting sick, if schools are being closed in September and October soon after they open (which they will), Things could spiral worse for Trump.
Some sad report by Barr talking about how the Mueller report wasn't authorized correctly or that they make some shit up about "spying" is going to move about .0000001% of voters.

Love how Trump wants to delay the election to be "safe" 3 months from now, but kids MUST go back to school NOW or we don't fund the schools!

No one is buying this shit. He is flailing and looking weaker from this. The one thing he had in 2016 was an air of "strength" and confidence (like Con men do). This isn't winning anyone over.

https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/1288866528994234368?s=21

While it is a distraction from the news today, Trump has done everything he said he would do.

By floating this out there now it loses its impact as time marches on. And if the virus is still out of control by October (probably) and with him creating chaos in cities across the nation with his military police force, it may get people to take up the idea of delaying an election. People don’t want to fear dying of the virus or antifa roaming the polling stations.

It would not surprise me one bit to see the GOP pivot towards a delay in the next few months. MoscowMitch at least came out and said No today. The rest of the GOP didn’t want to comment

It should be the law that the election must take place on one specific date. There should be no reason to delay a national election. This whole concept of coronavirus and a pandemic just shows that we are not readily equipped to avoid voting remotely. Why that’s still a thing… Well we all know.

It should be the law that the election must take place on one specific date. There should be no reason to delay a national election. This whole concept of coronavirus and a pandemic just shows that we are not readily equipped to avoid voting remotely. Why that’s still a thing… Well we all know.

I believe that there is

In the United States, Election Day is the annual day set by law for the general elections of federal public officials. It is statutorily set as "the Tuesday next after the first Monday in the month of November" equalling "the first Tuesday after November 1".

But, the Constitution does vest a lot election processes to the states. But ultimately the power rests in Congress to make any changes and even over ride state processes that are viewed as unconstitutional.

At least that's what i can make of it.

In other words. Be very glad Dems hold the Congress. Or it could be much worse

Just a quick note on VP pick. If it is Harris, which I think is most likely. She is rated the number 1 most liberal Senator, ahead of Sanders.

and I agree with earlier comments. I think she may be the best balance of being able to counter the "law and order" bullshit, is progressive but with an air of not not being too progressive for those middle voters, and can debate with the best of them.

I'm kinda sad if it isn't Stacey, but I do understand that it just isn't quite her time yet.

It seems safe to say that Trump murdered Herman Cain with COVID.

Yes, but also Herman Cain was 74 and had a history of cancer. He was nothing short of a complete idiot in the way he behaved in COVID times.

So I was just looking at some dates for early voting. I think I see why Trump has pulled out of MI.
Right now there are what, 97 days til election. In person absentee voting starts 40 days before the election in MI. And probably about a dozen other states, MN, Maine, IA, IN, IL, etc...

So looking at the calendar.

This week, news is taken up by Jon Lewis and Trump losing his tone change, and threatening to delay election and republicans holding up a new stimulus bill. Probably into next week. -5 days

Next week Biden announces VP, she will be all over doing interviews everywhere -7 days

A free week where Trump probably does something stupid again, chatter about Dem convention -7 days

Week of Dem convention -7 days

That's about 26 days straight of time focused on positive Dem news. which leaves only about 70 days til election or a month before states start turning in ballots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom