US Politics XXIII: Law & Order SOU (Stupid Orange Unit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally just woke from a dream where Trump, his daughter, and a bunch of other GOP congressmen (and women) gathered outdoors. Trump picks up a piece of broken pine wood and starts blabbing on how it may actually be from the crucifix of Jesus. Ivanka agrees and then starts a chant in German

Guess it was my subconscious saying they were nazis.

More interested if i actually know German!!

Point is, Trump has no fucks left to give.

There’s no one to stop him from nuking a hurricane either

And here we go...

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1277202159109537793

Nobody briefed or told me,
@VP
Pence, or Chief of Staff
@MarkMeadows
about the so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians, as reported through an “anonymous source” by the Fake News
@nytimes
. Everybody is denying it & there have not been many attacks on us.....
Nobody’s been tougher on Russia than the Trump Administration. With Corrupt Joe Biden & Obama, Russia had a field day, taking over important parts of Ukraine - Where’s Hunter? Probably just another phony Times hit job, just like their failed Russia Hoax. Who is their “source”?

So. After having two days to formulate a response. We get a president who:

1. Conspiracy theories
2. Denial of being briefed which in itself is whole, possibly larger scandal.
3. attacking media
4. attacking Joe Biden??
5. Hunter????
6. Sides yet again with Putin over US intel.
7. Knowing for two days (even if he didn’t know before) (he absolutely did) and still hasn’t done anything about it. He’s golfed and tweeted for 2 days while he’s known this.

Trump's history with Military and Vets from Jon Fugelsang:

-Faked a disability 5 times to avoid a war he didn't oppose
-Tried to kick homeless vets off 5th Ave
-Stole from vets via his fraud online U
-Lied about donating $1 million to veterans' nonprofits
-Said he'd make troops commit war crimes
-Pardoned a guy who committed war crimes
-Falsely claimed he signed Vets' Choice into law
-Insulted POWs
-Insulted Gold Star Families
-Fined for misusing funds from 2016 Vets fundraiser
-Called Generals "dopes & babies"
-Falsely accused US service members of stealing funds for Iraqi reconstruction
-Deployed 5,600 soldiers to the border in a midterm election stunt
-Personally insulted Generals Allen, Mattis, Kelly, Powell, McChrystal; Purple Heart recipients Mueller & Vindman, & Admiral McRaven
-lied about donating $6 million to veterans groups in 2016
-Sided with Putin against all branches of military intelligence
-Blew off Veterans Day cemetery ceremony in France bc it was raining.
-What he said to Myeshia Johnson, widow of ambushed Sgt. La David Johnson. Not gonna repeat it.
-He's trying to cut SNAP. that hurts military families & vets
-His budget seeks to cut medicaid. Do you understand how much this hurts military families & vets?
-Froze pay for all Fed agencies via Executive Order - Fed workforce is 31% veteran, approx 623k vets
-Undid regulations on predatory lenders who target military members
-He's trying to destroy the Post Office, which employs thousands of veterans
-Declared a fake national emergency to divert billions from the Pentagon to fund a wall he lied that Mexico would pay for
-Downplayed & trivialized troops w/traumatic brain injuries in Jan 2020
-Insulted troops with PTSD
-Used the national guard to tear gas US protestors so he could be photographed w/an upside down bible
-Forced West Point cadets to travel back for graduation during a plague, endangering their health & the health of their families, for a photo-op
-Said 26,000 military sexual assaults were to be 'expected' bc America lets women serve
-announced that transgender troops could no longer serve, via a tweet, without informing the Pentagon.
-Invited the Taliban to Camp David on the anniversary of 9/11
-claimed, stupidly, that his military budget made up for his lack of military experience
-Told wife #2 he'd disown their daughter if she entered the service
-remember his fake 'veterans hotline?'
-Lied to US troops in Iraq that he'd given them their 1st pay raise in over a decade
-Trump Institute fired a vet for 'absences' after he was deployed to Afghanistan
-Claimed if an armored Humvee was hit by an IED, soldiers "go for a little ride upward & they come down."
-blamed military leaders for the deadly failed Yemen mission he approved
-He can't stop defending the Confederacy
-said his expensive prep school gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.”
-attacked Navy Captain Crozier, who sounded COVID alarm for his sick sailors
-used military against peaceful protests by citizens of color
-Had gov't give hydroxychloroquine to 1300 vets w/COVID-19 despite evidence it was dangerous
-didn't know what happened at Pearl Harbor
-pulled out of Syria w/no notice, abandoning US allies
-Russia posted footage of Syrian base, built by US, that they now own
-exploited 4 murdered Americans in #Benghazi for crass political purposes, after his own party had cleared the Obama WH in multiple investigations
-He keeps trying to destroy NATO
-BC of his govt shutdown, members of US military worked w/out pay for the 1st time
- Defrauded Veterans’ Charities
-Said in 2018 that he was too busy to visit the troops: "I don’t think it’s overly necessary"
-Ordered Navy to Strip Medals From Prosecutors in Eddie Gallagher's War Crimes Trial, even though Gallagher was extremely guilty.
Trump stood in front of the West Point graduates after forcing their families to risk their health.

He knew that Putin, who owns his debt via Deutsche Bank, was paying Islamic militants for murdering US troops.

He gave his speech and did nothing.

Trump retweeted a video of people yelling “White Power” this morning.

I think the +6 in FL in the polls isn't a mystery when you see the deepest red mass of voters in FL actually having a loud and passionate revolt within their own community.

So far NYT, WaPo, WSJ, and NBC have all confirmed the bounty story. At the very least, this information was in the printed briefings that the Pres and VP get daily.

That would probably be the most damning scenario here. One it means that if they are denying knowledge, they are not reading vital Intel briefings to keep military and Americans safe. And two, it means that the people that are there to orally brief them were intentionally trying to hide the information by not telling them.
But I think it is much more likely that everyone knew, had discussions and did nothing. In fact Trump called Putin 5 times between March 30th and June. The most ever. Within that time, he did nothing but take actions that were pro-Putin/Russia

Either scenario is horrible

They all knew (most likely)

Or

They were afraid to tell him which also raises questions what else have they withheld ?

I can’t see how congress can’t ask for all briefing records and Putin phone call transcripts at this point.

Well, of course I can, but they really need to.

Truthfully I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was contained in briefings that the imbecile didn't read. We all know he doesn't read briefings - at one point they were "translating" them into powerpoint slides to assist him (I guess this is one step above creating a toddler style board book). This has been a dereliction of duty since the very beginning.

So he's either covering up or he's unfit or both, and we all knew that.

Has anyone heard from Susan Collins yet?

Truthfully I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was contained in briefings that the imbecile didn't read. We all know he doesn't read briefings - at one point they were "translating" them into powerpoint slides to assist him (I guess this is one step above creating a toddler style board book). This has been a dereliction of duty since the very beginning.

Has anyone heard from Susan Collins yet?

One brow has lowered slightly, the other is quivering a little. Will keep you updated.

Wow! Trump is gathering the intelligence agencies to determine the best way to retaliate against Russia for the bounties... oh... wait... No? uh... never mind, he's actually going golfing with Lady G.

A competent leader would have acted back when they were told of this Or fired every person responsible for NOT telling him

Instead he tweets that he’s ignorant and takes Putin side again (not many were killed)

Dems need to impeach him on this. Make the GOP vote on whether they support our troops or Trump.

Let america see the truth

Instead he tweets that he’s ignorant and takes Putin side again (not many were killed)

If he feels that there is an acceptable # of Americans to be murdered for a bounty, by all means, he should tell the world what it is.

We now know it's not zero, so what is it?

it's a hell of a day when people are given the choice to focus on the fact that the president openly tweeted a white power message this morning and/or focus on his willing abetment of the russians offering the taliban a bounty on US troops.

it's a hell of a day when people are given the choice to focus on the fact that the president openly tweeted a white power message this morning and/or focus on his willing abetment of the russians offering the taliban a bounty on US troops.

Makes you think that the "White Power" tweet was to distract from Trump's BountyGate.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1277020770191974401

https://mobile.twitter.com/jhkersting/status/1277339587820621824

As bad poll numbers roll on for Trump. I got to thinking, things could get even worse for him. And I lean toward thinking they will.

A couple of things to keep in mind.

If the bounty story starts to unravel and leaks come out that make this much worse. I can see an already eroded military/vet and senior voter group start to weaken further.

Next. I still see no real progress on a second stimulus even as cases are rising. If there is little or no help to small businesses and no extension of federal unemployment benefits, AND schools are not fully open. Things will get very very ugly. What we’ve been through will seem like a breeze.

In the fall you will start to see people losing their homes and apartments if there is no extension of benefits. Just as we get into election time.

Even if a package comes through but a large amount of states with huge populations are stuck at phase 1, it will still be very bad news for Trump.

And being somewhat conservative in my calculations. It’s looking like we will see 200,000 deaths hit around mid October. That will be a striking Number that will drive home just how horrible Trump has fucked everything up.

In both the bounty and the COVID, I don’t see either getting better from here on out for quite some time. I don’t see how there would be an uptick in any way on the horizon for Trump. And most signs point to further decline.

Last edited:
this is not a good thing.

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) – A spike in gun violence has left over 100 people wounded or killed in dozens of shootings across New York City over the past nine days, police said Sunday.

There have been 112 victims in 83 shootings over a nine-day period ending Saturday, according to police. Most of those shot were expected to survive, but several people have died and others suffered serious or critical injuries.

The NYPD on Sunday released this info detailing the nine-day stretch of shootings.
Friday, 6/19 - 8 shooting incidents with 9 victims.
Saturday, 6/20 -18 shooting incidents with 24 victims.
Sunday, 6/21 - 2 shooting incidents with 5 victims.
Monday, 6/22 - 11 shooting incidents with 17 victims.
Tuesday, 6/23 - 10 shooting incidents with 10 victims.
Wednesday, 6/24 - 3 shooting incidents with 5 victims.
Thursday, 6/25 - 5 shooting incidents with 8 victims.
Friday, 06/26 - 9 incidents with 10 victims.
Saturday, 06/27 - 17 incidents with 24 victims.

The NYPD said there have been 503 shooting incidents with 605 victims this year as of Saturday.

Amid calls to defund the police, NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea said last week that the city's homicide rate had hit a 5-year high and that the criminal justice system was "imploding." The number of people shot has risen 42 percent compared to last year.

Brooklyn community advocate Tony Herbert told 1010 WINS he's anguished over the rise in violence.

"It has just been ridiculous how it has taken place, because we saw a serious decline over a five year period and we have working relationships to work with our police department with their community policing," he said. "Now look at what we’re faced with. I have not seen anything like this in my entire life living here in New York."

https://1010wins.radio.com/articles/112-victims-reported-in-83-shootings-over-9-days-in-nyc

It’s going to get ugly.

Can’t wait to see the segments on Foxnews on how these soldiers had it coming. Or they suck cause they died.

You would think a story like this would end Trump. But nothing can stop him. Just look at 2020

Orders strike on Iran general, forcing retaliation and injuries to our troops in Iraq

Impeachment and cowardice of GOP

Fucking up, and continuing to fuck up a pandemic. Forcing the crash of the economy and any attempt at a recovery

Igniting more racial tensions

And now this

This tweet and all the comment threads under it made my day:

[TWEET]1277018627204669451[/TWEET]

The base really is running scared.

Pretty much sums it up. And it's impossible to say which option would be worse.

(Hell, given his complete inability to pay attention to things and whatnot, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if, after Trump leaves office, we find out that nobody ever gave him the nuclear codes, because they knew full well he couldn't be trusted to know them or keep them to himself.)

In the fall you will start to see people losing their homes and apartments if there is no extension of benefits. Just as we get into election time.

They just covered this topic on "Last Week Tonight".

I agree with the analysis of your post. Americans are demanding somebody step up and actually DO something, they want to know there's someone in charge taking care of things and trying to help the country recover. And they sure as hell aren't seeing that with Trump.

So yeah. Let the anger and frustration towards him continue to rise. Let him and his base start running scared. Let the GOP see the writing on the wall and leave him to float alone while they try to distance themselves (and let them realize that that method won't work when we come for them, too, for not doing more to stop and remove him altogether). He, and the GOP, deserve every single last bit of it.

https://twitter.com/mjschabow/status/1274338780661637123?s=21

This is my kid. Hope you guys appreciate and get a chuckle out if it.

Your kid is adorable :heart: :).

This tweet and all the comment threads under it made my day:

[TWEET]1277018627204669451[/TWEET]

The base really is running scared.

It’s chaos. I really think the best part is the false claim that the polls were so wrong in 2016. these people write off all the polls and just think Trump will pull it out of his ass again. And in the Dem side, if you post good poll numbers for Biden, half the comments are “ignore the polls, vote, and fight til the end”.
So I’m glad that misconception of the2016 polling is out there .

Also, I know some may say I’m crazy. But I’m glad that Trump didn’t get convicted in the Senate.
Imagine if in the winter, trump left, Pence assumed office. I do think that Biden or another Dem would certainly have a more difficult time against a run of the mill Republican, with an angry base behind them.
like I said before. We didn’t put up with 3.5 years of utter madness and destruction of our government, constitution, and standing on the world stage just to have Pence or some other dumbshit, go the next four, certainly with a rep Senate, playing by the new rule book that Trump normalized. No way.

The best part is. By 2024, TX and GA will almost certainly be blue, which means game over for the red menace.

Which poses an interesting question. Reps can’t win the popular vote anymore. What happens, say in 2028, when they can’t win the Electoral College? Does the party collapse? Do you think the two parties finally break into 4? I really don’t know what to think.

Last edited:
It's really starting to feel like the John McCain campaign circa late September, a couple of weeks after Lehman Brothers went down. The problems here though are that (a) there is a lot more time left to correct and (b) Trump is the devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom