US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro - Page 47 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2019, 12:10 PM   #921
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
what a strange coincidence it is that all these aggressive trumpist chants just so happen to all have the word "HER" in the middle, isn't it?
Somebody on FB posted a link to a Redstate article yesterday or the day before which was all about how shrill Elizabeth Warren is and how her voice grates as much as Hillary's but then made a grand point how this isn't a woman thing, it's just THIS particular woman. Sure enough one of the first comments was "hang on, Kamala Harris' voice is JUST as irritating." You can't make this shit up.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:21 PM   #922
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Quote:
what a strange coincidence it is that all these aggressive trumpist chants just so happen to all have the word "HER" in the middle, isn't it?
Yep. They flipped out over a black guy being president for eight years. The thought of him being followed by a woman president to boot? Well, they just couldn't dare have that!

We need to deliver the biggest "fuck you" to these racist, sexist assholes that we possibly can, not just in 2020, but beyond.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #923
Blue Crack Supplier

guys, Candace Owens thinks the "send her back" chants were totally not racist. so they aren't.

also, Donald Trump hired a black caterer and has an Asian woman of color in his cabinet.

remember these things before you toss around hurtful slurs like "racist."

thank you.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #924
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Old 07-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #925
War Child

Pelosi throwing the Squad under the bus at every opportunity, only to finally "have their back" (in the most insincere way possibel) once the president is openly lobbying to get Ilhan Omar killed, is a perfect encapsulation of moderation and its utter failure to ever deal with fascism.

Centrism is a fucking problem.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #926
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
you are so right and one of my biggest regrets ever on this forum was getting angry at you when you first started saying this several years ago.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #927
Blue Crack Addict

Dave the Apologist
Old 07-18-2019, 08:56 PM   #928
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Pelosi throwing the Squad under the bus at every opportunity, only to finally "have their back" (in the most insincere way possibel) once the president is openly lobbying to get Ilhan Omar killed, is a perfect encapsulation of moderation and its utter failure to ever deal with fascism.

Quote:
you are so right and one of my biggest regrets ever on this forum was getting angry at you when you first started saying this several years ago.

Not much else to say, but . With supposed colleagues like Pelosi, you don't even need enemies.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:50 PM   #929
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Pretty sure “tonso wirh thr” is just phone typo for “to do with the” since every weird letter is next to a correct letter/n is close to the space bar in that.
Thanks. Forgot about possible typos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
this analysis also alleviates some of my worries about the drift leftward ... i still think a bulletproof D nominee would be of the more moderate variety, and there absolutely must be a woman and/or minority on the ticket, but the above was nice to read.
Thanks for the article quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Definitely. I'm also thinking this is a reaction to his failed attempt to get that citizenship question on the 2020 census. He blew that big gift to his base, so he's gotta still prove to them that he's in their corner and fighting against those "scary minorities".

As for 2020 predictions, I'm hesitant to get my hopes up, 'cause, well, 2016 and all. Especially when people are trying to make predictions this far out. But I'm all for any signs that the tide is turning against Trump where I can get them. And I do think that the Democrats have a good shot, regardless of how liberal or moderate they are, so long as they come out and make it clear what they actually stand for. Put that up against Trump's flailing and whining and the choice should be pretty clear to most voters at the end of the day.
Ah, right, the citizen question.

Didn't occur to me about ivanka, epstein . Gak. May not like the her but - no, not that.

Quote:
There is a straight line between “lock her up” to “send her back” to “Jews will not replace us.”

That anti-Omar rally from last night is positively unnerving.

Genuinely worried about her safety.
Gah, nasty, dangerous stuff. Concerned for "the squad".
Omar gave a great retort back.

Quote:
Ohhhh, did not occur to me
. And i just binged watched Season 1 of The Handmaiden's Tale. But then, again, i did read it when it can out originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Somebody on FB posted a link to a Redstate article yesterday or the day before which was all about how shrill Elizabeth Warren is and how her voice grates as much as Hillary's but then made a grand point how this isn't a woman thing, it's just THIS particular woman. Sure enough one of the first comments was "hang on, Kamala Harris' voice is JUST as irritating." You can't make this shit up.
Blargh, sexist pigs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Yep. They flipped out over a black guy being president for eight years. The thought of him being followed by a woman president to boot? Well, they just couldn't dare have that!

We need to deliver the biggest "fuck you" to these racist, sexist assholes that we possibly can, not just in 2020, but beyond.
THIS!

Unless i'm terribly sick (hopefuly not, no obvious reasons ,currently) I'll do all I can to GOTV! And volunteer before election day. Both I've done in the past.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:55 PM   #930
Blue Crack Supplier

Oh, and BTW...

"You don't like it (America), you can leave" ?

Aaahhh- echoes of the "good ole days" of
"America, love it or leave it" in the Nixon Years.
From the hard hats etc to particularly Spiro Agnew (bleah).

Trust me, those times were about as crazee as these times. Was in my mid-teens and politically active.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:33 AM   #931
Blue Crack Distributor

I've typed and deleted this response multiple times because it comes off dickish, and I'm trying to have it not come off dickish... but alas... I'm not a fan of Pelosi and felt new blood was needed, but is the suggestion that her not agreeing with "the squad" on how far left policy should be makes her complicit in Trump going full Klan on "the squad" over the past week? Or did I miss something else here?

Again not trying to be dickish, and I may have missed something since I'm very much out of the loop right now on many things...
Old 07-19-2019, 11:06 AM   #932
Blue Crack Supplier

What was said was totally meaningless. I couldn’t even get “if an armed Trump nut kills Omar its Nancy’s fault” from the post, although it was pretty close.

So I ignored it. Because, again, it was meaningless.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #933
Blue Crack Addict

You guys need to sit down at a table and have some gin.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:36 PM   #934
Blue Crack Addict

the only way that post was "meaningless" is if you deliberately went out of your way to miss the point.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #935
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
In a widely circulated clip, a Rohingya refugee asked Trump what his plan was to help the Rohingya refugees in Myanmar.

Trump's response: "Where is that exactly?"
And that wasn't even the worst of the meeting with refugee representatives. GWB wasn't nearly this stupid and that's saying something.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...nmar-is-2019-7
Old 07-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #936
Blue Crack Addict

GWB wasn’t exactly stupid, just inarticulate and frequently put his foot in his mouth.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #937
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, he was pretty dumb.

But he had some charm to him and enough understanding of decorum to overcome that, to an extent anyway.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #938
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I've typed and deleted this response multiple times because it comes off dickish, and I'm trying to have it not come off dickish... but alas... I'm not a fan of Pelosi and felt new blood was needed, but is the suggestion that her not agreeing with "the squad" on how far left policy should be makes her complicit in Trump going full Klan on "the squad" over the past week? Or did I miss something else here?

Again not trying to be dickish, and I may have missed something since I'm very much out of the loop right now on many things...
Her condemning Omar as an anti-semite is what makes her complicit.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #939
War Child

Quote:
What was said was totally meaningless. I couldn’t even get “if an armed Trump nut kills Omar its Nancy’s fault” from the post, although it was pretty close.

So I ignored it. Because, again, it was meaningless.
One of Trump's key justifications is that Omar is anti-Semitic, which Pelosi already conceded to Trump. She aired the dirty laundry about how the four young congresswomen don't know their place by whining to the press. She's had the DNC lined up against the four of them. They leaked polling data (a completely rigged, anonymous poll of what amounts to Trump voters) to say they were unpopular in an effort to sway things back from the left, which Trump himself cited before he started rallying up the battle cries this week. And they've had the House Dems Twitter account lead a call to have AOC's CoS fired.

Pelosi has contributed significantly to the danger those four are now in, Omar most of all. That's not really even disputable.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #940
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Oh, he was pretty dumb.

But he had some charm to him and enough understanding of decorum to overcome that, to an extent anyway.

We are comparing Donald Trump, who is actually dumb, to George W. Bush, who was generally just sounding dumb and making bad decisions. Bush’s capacity was significantly higher than Trump’s. Bush would talk about things with his foot in his mouth but Donald Trump would have to have it filtered into 2nd grader logic.