US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-11-2019, 04:57 PM   #581
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,170
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Pew Research Poll-About 1/ 3 of Americans think that blackface in a Halloween costume is acceptable at least sometimes. Not surprisingly the results follow political lines. As well as age, education, and race. Poll was conducted almost entirely before Northam scandal. I can't believe anyone thinks it's ever acceptable.



http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/02/11/about-a-third-of-americans-say-blackface-in-a-halloween-costume-is-acceptable-at-least-sometimes/
__________________

MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #582
The Fly
 
Zephyrpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 199
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Pew Research Poll-About 1/ 3 of Americans think that blackface in a Halloween costume is acceptable at least sometimes. Not surprisingly the results follow political lines. As well as age, education, and race. Poll was conducted almost entirely before Northam scandal. I can't believe anyone thinks it's ever acceptable.



About one-third of Americans say using blackface is acceptable | Pew Research Center
I was talking to some people in their 60-70s and they talked about how commonplace it was in entertainment. Maybe the Democrats in Virginia won’t lose their support.
__________________

Zephyrpilot is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:11 AM   #583
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:39 AM
If Amy K's announcement causes as much excitement nationwide as it has here in our forum, well she is on quite a path!!
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #584
The Fly
 
Zephyrpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 199
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
If Amy K's announcement causes as much excitement nationwide as it has here in our forum, well she is on quite a path!!
Still more exciting than Tim Kaine.

There was probably a quid quo pro deal for him to lay the groundwork as DNC chair for her to coast to victory. But was more forgettable than Dan Quayle.
Zephyrpilot is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:04 AM   #585
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Like I said, some of these people will clearly be running for the VP position. It should become clear by the summer/early fall who is who.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #586
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Like I said, some of these people will clearly be running for the VP position. It should become clear by the summer/early fall who is who.
Oh of course. I think that Booker and Harris are about the only possible top of the ticket contenders, and even they are 50/50 on ending up as VP in my opinion.

Hope Biden announces soon. Then we can decide who will be his VP.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #587
The Fly
 
Zephyrpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 199
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Bob Casey is a strong contender for VP just to give a boost in Pennsylvania
Zephyrpilot is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #588
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Hope Biden announces soon. Then we can decide who will be his VP.
I'm far from sold on Biden for a number of reasons but if he is top of ticket, that eliminates all men currently running or in contention for VP. There is zero chance of 2 men on the Dem ticket this time.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #589
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I'm far from sold on Biden for a number of reasons but if he is top of ticket, that eliminates all men currently running or in contention for VP. There is zero chance of 2 men on the Dem ticket this time.
You are correct. There will be a woman on the ticket, period.
It's simple for me with Biden. He will win back PA, WI and MI. And hold all others Clinton won. No question. He has the most experience, he has incredibly high draw from minority voters. To me, I just want the win. I will vote for any of them against Trump regardless. But not everyone will. Lets take the win, and let the younger candidates duke it out next time.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #590
The Fly
 
Zephyrpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 199
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Biden is far from an automatic win. Maybe it’s nostalgia for the Obama era. The media would give him plenty of cover as “Uncle Joe being Uncle Joe”. There is a side of the Democratic Party that will still want a harder leftward tilt.
Zephyrpilot is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:22 PM   #591
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrpilot View Post
Biden is far from an automatic win. Maybe it’s nostalgia for the Obama era. The media would give him plenty of cover as “Uncle Joe being Uncle Joe”. There is a side of the Democratic Party that will still want a harder leftward tilt.
I dunno. I think you're over-estimating the influence of the far left voters.
Lets be real. Clinton didn't get them. They stayed home or they voted third party. And she still only lost because of 80 thousand votes in 3 states, The three states that Biden would win this time. And won the popular vote.
The real influencers are independents (most of those lean slightly more right than left) and they went harder for Trump in 16. Many of them are soured on Trump at this point and would gladly fall in with Biden, who would make them more comfortable than a Harris or a Warren.
Pair him with Harris and he could pick up North Carolina, make GA competitive. Hell, he might even have a fighting chance in OHIO.
Pair him with Castro and maybe he picks up Florida along the way, Possibly AZ.

He's been vetted far deeper than any candidate, no last minute surprises, he can bring it to Trump with no problem.
I seriously don't see a scenerio where he loses.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #592
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
He has the most experience, he has incredibly high draw from minority voters. To me, I just want the win. I will vote for any of them against Trump regardless. But not everyone will. Lets take the win, and let the younger candidates duke it out next time.
I would hope that most people would feel that what is of utmost importance is getting that abomination out of the WH as soon as possible/practicable. But I'm not this confident in Biden necessarily pulling it off. My concern is mostly around whether he mobilizes people to the polls. Once you give up on the 30% of the electorate that's basically deplorable, it comes down to driving massive turnout. When turnout is high, Democrats win. People like Joe Biden on an "aw shucks" way but is he really going to electrify crowds and get people to stand for hours and canvass like they did for Obama? I have my doubts.

As much as we talk about getting Trump out, if there is any chance at taking back the Senate, it would be a dream come true. It's actually more important in the grand scheme of things.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #593
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Are you guys SURE you want creepy Uncle Joe??

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...50084527043443
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #594
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Are you guys SURE you want creepy Uncle Joe??

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...50084527043443
HA!
Let's be honest. Anything like this, or any of Biden's small verbal gaffes will no longer an issue. The electorate has been numbed by a President who is a sexual predator, has 22 accusations of assault, a racist, a white supremacist lover, a misogynist that has the hots for his daughter and spouts more verbal atrocities per day than most politicians life-times.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #595
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Are you guys SURE you want creepy Uncle Joe??

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...50084527043443
Redditt - liberal stupidity

Explains so much
BVS is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #596
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,233
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I would hope that most people would feel that what is of utmost importance is getting that abomination out of the WH as soon as possible/practicable. But I'm not this confident in Biden necessarily pulling it off. My concern is mostly around whether he mobilizes people to the polls. Once you give up on the 30% of the electorate that's basically deplorable, it comes down to driving massive turnout. When turnout is high, Democrats win. People like Joe Biden on an "aw shucks" way but is he really going to electrify crowds and get people to stand for hours and canvass like they did for Obama? I have my doubts.

As much as we talk about getting Trump out, if there is any chance at taking back the Senate, it would be a dream come true. It's actually more important in the grand scheme of things.
The enthusiasm bit is a consideration with Biden. But I would say that there will be such a insane amount of built in enthusiasm on the Dem side to go back up against Trump, it may not come into play in the same way it would in a different scenario.

That said, he would need to not just be the fiery version of Joe, but would need a VP pick that could stand on their own as someone who is outspoken, can draw and command a crowd, and can build interest and enthusiasm for the ticket.

I think the big question is this: will the electorate as a whole want new fresh blood, or will they want to run into the arms of a safer, established candidate that they know the history of. I can see lots of college educated voters that (insanely) voted for Obama and then switched to Trump, now switch back to someone like Biden who they have confidence in. Or maybe back to a Booker that is channeling a bit of the Obama playbook.

we shall see...
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:03 PM   #597
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 04:39 AM
Don't discount the nostalgia factor. Look at the Grammys. Michelle Obama said one word and got an extended standing ovation. The people miss the Obamas and Uncle Joe. Is he my first choice, no, but I wouldn't be mad if he was at the top of the ticket.
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #598
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 447
Local Time: 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Redditt - liberal stupidity

Explains so much
You can find these pictures and more on ANY site, but as long as you guys think it's a nothing burger, that's all that matters.

He's not creepy at all
Gzusfrk is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #599
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
You can find these pictures and more on ANY site, but as long as you guys think it's a nothing burger, that's all that matters.



He's not creepy at all


Of course you can, just not surprised you’re hanging out in that corner of the internet.

I made no comment either way, but as others have pointed out, you voted for someone who would just grab them by the pussy. So your creepy barometer means nothing to me.
BVS is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:24 PM   #600
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,205
Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
You can find these pictures and more on ANY site, but as long as you guys think it's a nothing burger, that's all that matters.



He's not creepy at all
Y'all voted for the creepiest, rapeiest dude in the history of dudes.

But tell us again how Joe Biden's gaffes are a problem.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×