US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #521
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Elizabeth Warren- I wouldn't vote for her for President regardless. But with this second proven instance of her attempting to use Native American heritage to gain advantage..the Pocahontas stuff from Trump and others was always disgusting to me but she has lost her credibility. She shouldn't run. They all have skeletons but this to me is the deal breaker for EW. Makes you wonder what else will come out.

She really should just bow out.
Howie Carr is going to have a field day with his next column breaking out all the nicknames (Lieawatha, Fauxcahontas and Chief Spreading Bull, far more clever than Trump).

Her campaign is DOA at this point.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #522
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:19 AM
Haven’t done mine yet, but pretty much everyone is posting about how pissed off they are at how much higher it is than last year.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #523
Blue Crack Addict

Elizabeth Warren probably won't bow out immediately but she really should sooner rather than later.

She could still make a very good cabinet member for somebody, but running with this scandal over her head (and getting worse) is just foolish.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #524
ONE
love, blood, life

Am I wrong for thinking this is a dumb scandal to get worked up about? She's one of the most progressive candidates, and we're going to throw her away because she bent the truth(she does have Native American ancestry, however small and however long ago) on a question about her heritage?

All the things the Orange Clown gets away with and we have to throw away the only candidate aggressively running on a wealth tax over this?

Seriously, if I'm missing something and this is worse than I think it is, tell me, I want to be informed.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #525
Blue Crack Distributor

the shirt is the fucking tits

https://twitter.com/ScottThuman/stat...13120851984386
Old 02-07-2019, 04:51 PM   #526
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Am I wrong for thinking this is a dumb scandal to get worked up about? She's one of the most progressive candidates, and we're going to throw her away because she bent the truth(she does have Native American ancestry, however small and however long ago) on a question about her heritage?
umm, yes. she may have *some* native ancestry but this is equivalent to if i listed myself as black on government forms because i had one black great grandmother. that doesn't make me black and it doesn't make her native. yes it may not have mattered on this particular form, but it does raise the question of if she did the same thing on forms or elsewhere, where it would present some sort of benefit to be listed as a minority. and you know for a fact that even if the dems put this past them and nominated her that she'd be eviscerated over and over for it Hy her opponent. they'd beat her into the ground with it so much that she'd never have a chance to even talk about her policies. she was my preferred candidate before this too but that millstone is now too heavy to overcome.

she absolutely deserves a very important place in the government of whomever wins (knock on wood), but she's got about as much chance at being elected now as howard schultz.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #527
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
umm, yes. she may have *some* native ancestry but this is equivalent to if i listed myself as black on government forms because i had one black great grandmother. that doesn't make me black and it doesn't make her native. yes it may not have mattered on this particular form, but it does raise the question of if she did the same thing on forms or elsewhere, where it would present some sort of benefit to be listed as a minority. and you know for a fact that even if the dems put this past them and nominated her that she'd be eviscerated over and over for it Hy her opponent. they'd beat her into the ground with it so much that she'd never have a chance to even talk about her policies. she was my preferred candidate before this too but that millstone is now too heavy to overcome.

she absolutely deserves a very important place in the government of whomever wins (knock on wood), but she's got about as much chance at being elected now as howard schultz.
Ok, I guess you're right when you put it like that. And regardless of what one thinks of what she did, you're right that she's just a waste of space in the presidential field if she has no chance on winning, which is how it appears to be.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #528
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Haven’t done mine yet, but pretty much everyone is posting about how pissed off they are at how much higher it is than last year.
Haven't started mine, but I just compared my W2s and see that my company withheld $5K less in 2018 than in 2017. Now I'm nervous.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:14 PM   #529
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post

All the things the Orange Clown gets away with and we have to throw away the only candidate aggressively running on a wealth tax over this?

Seriously, if I'm missing something and this is worse than I think it is, tell me, I want to be informed.
Oh I understand, it is especially galling given what he gets away with. But as we see time and time and time again, there are distinct and different standards for the orange Teflon Don and well everyone else. I am in favor of her proposed wealth tax, but the very sad reality is that it will get lost among all the Native American stuff. Which works out perfectly for those same wealthy people. Funny not funny how that works out.

I really wish she hadn't done those things, she's smart and has some good ideas. I've voted for her twice and it's very disappointing. For me it's about credibility. I don't know what was going on in her head that she seemingly thought she needed those advantages. Maybe because of her humble background? She's the only one who knows.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:18 PM   #530
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:19 AM
I got lucky, ended up getting a much smaller refund, but still got one. My state refund was actually bigger.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:14 PM   #531
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Her Native American stuff = But Her Emails!
Old 02-07-2019, 07:29 PM   #532
Blue Crack Addict

https://medium.com/@jeffreypbezos/no...r-146e3922310f

The National Enquirer trying to blackmail Jeff Bezos, potentially the only person in the world who at this point really could not care less.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #533
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
The National Enquirer trying to blackmail Jeff Bezos, potentially the only person in the world who at this point really could not care less.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #534
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Huffpost with the headline of the year.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:47 PM   #535
Blue Crack Supplier

It’s official. Roberts is our swing Justice.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #536
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Wow. Just saw that.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #537
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It’s official. Roberts is our swing Justice.
This is the right's biggest nightmare, that Roberts will be Souter Part II.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:18 PM   #538
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

But.... Susan Collins was assured Beer Bong Brett wouldn't go after Roe v Wade.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:25 PM   #539
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
But.... Susan Collins was assured Beer Bong Brett wouldn't go after Roe v Wade.
Please dear Lord let there be a great Democrat running against her in 2020.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:56 AM   #540
Blue Crack Addict

bolsonaro has pneumonia. i don't think i've ever rooted this hard for bacteria in my entire life.