US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2019, 05:51 PM   #281
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:35 AM
Definite NO to Starbucks guy, he needs to find something else to do. Massive ego trip, same exact reason orange clown ran.

Town hall with Kamala Harris tonight on CNN, I'll be watching.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:54 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

CNN has clearly endorsed Kamala Harris early, rejected Elizabeth Warren, and failed to acknowledge Tulsi Gabbard (who I wouldn’t want winning but still).

Sounds an awful lot like 2016.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #283
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:35 AM
I would hardly call a town hall an endorsement.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:42 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I would hardly call a town hall an endorsement.

They called Warren’s campaign dead on arrival like, the day she announced.

They don’t mention Gabbard’s name when they talk about “the field” as it stands right now.

They’ve spoken glowingly of Harris so far, despite people already objecting.

I mean I get it. People would object to the other two as well, but I dunno, from routine observation of their stories, I’d say they can and do pick sides for reasons.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:46 PM   #285
Blue Crack Distributor

Warren's campaign pretty much was DOA the second she posted that beer video
Old 01-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Tulsi Gabbard is a joke of a campaign.

Elizabeth Warren should be a serious contender, but she just won't be able to get off the ground it seems. She should have challenged Hillary 4 years ago. Ultimately everyone aside from Bernie saw it as a foregone conclusion and the Clinton fundraising machine was too much to overcome. You can only have so many viable candidates drawing their $ from regular folks making small-medium sized donation.

Gillibrand has also gotten almost no coverage. But you can be that CNN would be covering Cory Booker, Beto, Biden and Bernie if they all declared.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

in spite of my recent criticism of kamala harris, all the women you listed would be preferable to all the men you listed.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Warren is just a giant dork. But she’s probably the toughest on the political and corporate bullshit. I hope she rebounds. It’s a long way off.

And then i saw this

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...077477890?s=21

Guess we should buy Trump water ?
Old 01-28-2019, 08:04 PM   #289
Blue Crack Distributor

Just wait till Hillary declares
Old 01-28-2019, 08:06 PM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
in spite of my recent criticism of kamala harris, all the women you listed would be preferable to all the men you listed.
I totally agree. I don't like any of those 4 guys, for very different reasons.

Policy-wise I like Warren the best. She just gets it, the ins and outs of legislation and she has a very good way of explaining things to make them clear. But while she'd be the best professor you had, it doesn't translate into great television and heaven knows that's all that matters these days.

I've watched a LOT of the Senate judiciary hearings in the past year because I've been at home on mat leave and these tend to be in the middle of the day when my daughter is napping. Amy Klobuchar is actually IMO, sharper than Kamala Harris, asks better questions and I think is probably more intelligent if you put them head to head. But she is unfortunately not a very good public speaker and my sense is she'll stay out of the race in the end because of overcrowding.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #291
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Policy-wise I like Warren the best. She just gets it, the ins and outs of legislation and she has a very good way of explaining things to make them clear. But while she'd be the best professor you had, it doesn't translate into great television and heaven knows that's all that matters these days.
this is exactly my feeling. she's great in terms of policy and should absolutely be among the leadership of the democratic congress and i think she'd be best in a position where she can steer the party's direction going forward. she's a bit gaffe-prone though so i'm not optimistic for her chances at running a smooth national campaign. i do hope she sticks in the race for a long time and forces the other leading candidates to the left.

i don't know much about amy klobuchar aside from recognizing the name. i should do some research.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:52 PM   #292
Blue Crack Supplier

tweets about current EPA not limiting amounts of 2 poisonous chemicals in our drinking wster... (from BEAL's link)

Part of Trump's legacy.
"The cruelty is the point."

more “winning” for the cemeteries

Horrible and true
Old 01-28-2019, 09:05 PM   #293
Blue Crack Supplier

Wait, what swrong w Cori Booker, anitram?

Yeah, i think he might be a bit too coporatist but not sure, and maybe a bit too trying to understand the trump voters.

Of them i am of 2 minds-

yes, trying understand and talk them out of their fears ( the many who are ie racist, sexist, xenophobic, anti-muslim, anti-semitic etc ) bit by bit- yet knowing how difficult that could be. I'm not going to put much engery in my hat, got my own challenges to deal with.

Forget 'em - they're getting what they deserve.
Except the the rest of us don't want, don't deserve all this )

DAVE

warren,- gaffe prone? Other than tbe DNA thing ... whst else? I like Warren, and i guess i'm ok with more professorial types. But get your loint- tv imagedry...
Old 01-28-2019, 09:08 PM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Wait, whatswrong w Cori Booker, anitram?

Yeah, i think he might be a bit too coporatist but not sure, and maybe a bit too trying to understand the trump voters.

Of them i am of 2 minds-

yes, trying understand and talk them out of their fears ( the many who are ie racist, sexist, xenophobic, anti-muslim, anti-semitic etc ) bit by bit- yet knowing how difficult that could be. I'm not going to put much engery in my hat, got my own challenges to deal with.

Forget 'em - they're getting what they deserve.
Except the the rest of us don't want, don't deserve all this )

coribookerstem?

He’s basically a republican if current republicans weren’t animals.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:32 PM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

This is my first time watching Kamala Harris speak. She’s doing a good job so far. She sounds like she’s going to cry though? Is she nervous, or does she normally speak like that?
Old 01-28-2019, 10:54 PM   #296
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
coribookerstem?

He’s basically a republican if current republicans weren’t animals.
I think this is far too reductive.

I get that he is too supportive of charter schools/vouchers for the tastes of many on the left, and that he's taken a good deal of money from Wall Street, and that he hasn't given as full-throated an endorsement of medicare-for-all as many would like, but that does not make him 'basically a republican'.

He supports regulations to combat man-made climate change, he's pro-choice, he supports all the basic more-background-checks gun-control stuff, he supports Obamacare and wants to expand it, he supports same-sex marriage, and he is pro-immigration and pro-amnesty. Sure sounds like a Republican to me.

I'm not saying he's my first choice(he's not), I'm not trying to be a cheerleader for him, but it just really rubs me the wrong way to label a Democrat "basically a republican" as soon as they aren't as far left as you want them to be on everything. I'm not just talking about Booker, but about anyone in the field. It's the kind of thing so many Bernie Bros said about Hilary in 2015/16. It's way too simplistic and it foments division within the party when we should be looking to unify. Criticize certain positions all you want, but don't resort to labels like "basically a republican".

I don't mean to go off on you, but that just annoyed me.
Old 01-28-2019, 10:57 PM   #297
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I think this is far too reductive.

I get that he is too supportive of charter schools/vouchers for the tastes of many on the left, and that he's taken a good deal of money from Wall Street, and that he hasn't given as full-throated an endorsement of medicare-for-all as many would like, but that does not make him 'basically a republican'.

He supports regulations to combat man-made climate change, he's pro-choice, he supports all the basic more-background-checks gun-control stuff, he supports Obamacare and wants to expand it, he supports same-sex marriage, and he is pro-immigration and pro-amnesty. Sure sounds like a Republican to me.

I'm not saying he's my first choice(he's not), I'm not trying to be a cheerleader for him, but it just really rubs me the wrong way to label a Democrat "basically a republican" as soon as they aren't as far left as you want them to be on everything. I'm not just talking about Booker, but about anyone in the field. It's the kind of thing so many Bernie Bros said about Hilary in 2015/16. It's way too simplistic and it foments division within the party when we should be looking to unify. Criticize certain positions all you want, but don't resort to labels like "basically a republican".

I don't mean to go off on you, but that just annoyed me.

You basically just described what a republican should be.

Which is what I said.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:11 PM   #298
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
You basically just described what a republican should be.

Which is what I said.
Come on. It doesn't matter what a republican should be, it matters what a republican is. Most republicans have been pro-life, at least for the last 40 years. They fought viciously against same-sex-marriage for decades. In my lifetime(1984), I don't recall them ever really lifting a finger to do anything about guns, and for at least the last 20 years they've refused to acknowledge climate change let alone do anything about it.

I get that he's too centrist within the party for a lot of people, but I cannot agree with calling him a republican. Again, there's probably at least three or four candidates or potential candidates I'd want before him, and there may yet end up being more, who knows, but I'm just not comfortable with this instant writing off of certain candidates.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:18 PM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
Come on. It doesn't matter what a republican should be, it matters what a republican is. Most republicans have been pro-life, at least for the last 40 years. They fought viciously against same-sex-marriage for decades. In my lifetime(1984), I don't recall them ever really lifting a finger to do anything about guns, and for at least the last 20 years they've refused to acknowledge climate change let alone do anything about it.

I get the he's too centrist within the party for a lot of people, but I cannot agree with calling him a republican. Again, there's probably at least three or four candidates or potential candidates I'd want before him, but I'm just not comfortable with this instant writing off of certain candidates.

Well you seem to be equating what a republican should be to the vilified “what a republican is.” There’s absolutely nothing wrong with Cory Booker being what a republican should be. If he was what republicans were, I’d say he’s worth voting for.

But he’s not.

He represents concession. He represents bullshit “unity.” Unity can kiss my fucking ass, and that’s putting it politely.

I’ve repeatedly said I’d love if Hillary Clinton ran I think that’d be the best thing ever, mostly because of “in your face” politics backfiring “in the face” of all the ignorant hateful people. I’d love it. She doesn’t even represent my views, but she’s qualified and I’m sure we’d be doing just fine if she was president right now and not this clown.

So yeah, Cory Booker. Not a bad guy. Not ready or able to fight for the people who have been disenfranchised, not ready to represent the many groups of social or economic minorities who have taken a step back since Donald Trump was elected president. Hard. Pass.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:26 PM   #300
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
So yeah, Cory Booker. Not a bad guy. Not ready or able to fight for the people who have been disenfranchised, not ready to represent the many groups of social or economic minorities who have taken a step back since Donald Trump was elected president. Hard. Pass.
But what specific policy positions are making you say that? I'm really asking. I want to know.

And I totally disagree about Hillary. The right is completely beyond-help over-the-top irrational about her, and seeing them campaign against her again would be unbearable and insufferable. I've already seen that movie and have no interest in seeing it again.