US Politics VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is talking about the West Virginia teacher's strike anywhere (not just this forum), and that is very irritating. This is a critical fight.

Hard to with so much shit flying around about the White House.

McMaster to resign
Kelly rumored to as well
Hope Hicks
Guns
Javanka
Russia

It’s exhausting.

Hard to with so much shit flying around about the White House.

McMaster to resign
Kelly rumored to as well
Hope Hicks
Guns
Javanka
Russia

It’s exhausting.

THe latest one is that trump appearently wants Kushner and Ivanka out of the White House lol. Oh this reality tv show just keeps getting more and more interesting (for lack of a better word). You never know what you are going to get on the next episode!!

I truly do not know what the hell else Trump has to do to get Congress to kick him out already. At this point they should just let him go outside and then lock every door to the White House so he can't get back in, if that's what it takes. He needs to leave NOW. I don't want to wait until the midterms and hope that we get enough Democrats in Congress to do something about this.

As for the teacher's strike, yeah, I definitely don't recall hearing anything about it in the news, so I'd be up for a discussion of what all's going on with that. It'd certainly be a break from the shitstorm that is the White House right now.

No one is talking about the West Virginia teacher's strike anywhere (not just this forum), and that is very irritating. This is a critical fight.

I I(a Canadian) read an article about this earlier this evening. Blows me away hearing what US teachers deal with, when ours (from what I hear) are decently compensated.

Generally, teachers are underpaid and under appreciated, but it varies state to state.

I think we’re at the beginning of the end of Trump. This week was catastrophic in so many ways.

But we’ve said that before.

It’s both frightening and heartening.

Frightening in that we just can’t kill this frankenstein monster, no matter how many times we shoot him he keeps lumbering towards us, axe in hand.

Heartening in that, aside from some bad policy decisions, the rest of the country is basically functioning as normal.

Lmao, he is like Fri the 13th Jason. Trump should do us all a favor and wear a hockey mask too. Please no sequel to this horror show,
Well that's the most frightening thing about the Trump presidency - a potential sequel.

All of this - the ineptitude, the meltdowns, how sheer unqualified he is for the job - it was all easily predictable. All of it was there in black and white. There may have been a reasonable argument not to vote for Clinton, but there was no reasonable argument to vote for Trump over anyone. None.

So what is truly terrifying is the idea that this could happen again, only the next one could actually have some level of competency. That would be a situation that could lead to some truly dark days for America.

Hey everyone, it's a historic day. According to CNN.com Trump achieved a great milestone today. He has spent 100 days in office at one of his golf clubs.

36 days in West Palm Beach, 40 in NJ, 23 in VA, 1 in Jupiter FL w/Tiger, Dustin Johnson, and Brad Faxon.

He has now spent 25% of his days in office at one of his golf courses. History will always remember this day fondly. I see a commemorative national holiday in the future.

President Trump on Saturday praised a move by China's Communist Party to abolish presidential term limits, and suggested that maybe the United States would "give that a shot some day."

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great," Trump told Republican donors during a closed-door even in Florida. A recording of Trump's remarks was obtained by CNN.

"And look, he was able to do that," he added. "I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot some day."

I completely forgot that I installed a plugin that makes all of his tweets show up in handwritten crayon, like a 5-year old might use, and I just about lost it just now when I went to see if he was tweeting about the Oscars yet.

obviously.

The former British spy who authored a controversial memo about President Trump also wrote a later memo, in November 2016, alleging that the Kremlin blocked former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) from being named secretary of state, The New Yorker reports.

Romney, a Trump critic, was in brief talks to become secretary of state after Trump was elected. He was ultimately passed over for former ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson, a decision that was received well by Moscow.

Dossier author Christopher Steele wrote a second memo alleging the Kremlin intervened to keep Trump from naming Mitt Romney as secretary of state

and now, Putin's going to get the trade war of his dreams!

all Russia, all-the-time.

Hollywood is abuzz today after Gary Oldman won the the Oscar for his portrayal of noted white supremacist Winston Churchill.

Reports have trickled in from those who have seen "The Darkest Hour", with many movie goers saying that in addition to his xenophobic views, apparently Churchill played some small role in helping Britain out of its hubbub with the Germans some years ago. Still others dismiss this as typical Hollywood revisionism.

And in one final, unforgivable, faux pas, whilst Oldman thanked both Churchill and America in his acceptance speech, he failed to mention the many extras and CGI characters who played the film's sailors and airmen.

Innocent people don’t act like this.

Sounds like he doesn’t want to give up his friend Roger Stone

Hollywood is abuzz today after Gary Oldman won the the Oscar for his portrayal of noted white supremacist Winston Churchill.

Reports have trickled in from those who have seen "The Darkest Hour", with many movie goers saying that in addition to his xenophobic views, apparently Churchill played some small role in helping Britain out of its hubbub with the Germans some years ago. Still others dismiss this as typical Hollywood revisionism.

And in one final, unforgivable, faux pas, whilst Oldman thanked both Churchill and America in his acceptance speech, he failed to mention the many extras and CGI characters who played the film's sailors and airmen.

hey diemen, isn't bringing up a long-finished semi-heated conversation for the sole purpose of needling a specific user into a negative reaction the literal definition of trolling, and expressly prohibited in the forum rules? just curious :)

Last edited:
Is not having a sense of humour against forum rules? ;)

OK, OK. I'll take it to the Oscars thread!

1348764844816.png

Doesn’t Oldman also beat up women?

But none of this helps him. Why would he do it other than a nervous breakdown ?

But none of this helps him. Why would he do it other than a nervous breakdown ?
Well... if he was drunk, that's pretty self explanatory - it doesn't help him, he just kinda lost it, got shit faced and said fuck it.

If he's muddying the waters to try and make the media look dumb as an some sort of Roger Stone game? I dunno... maybe he just really likes Stone, it maybe he's bullshitting (as in he hasn't been subpoenaed, or he has been but plans on taking the 5th and figured he'd play some games first)

Or, ya know, he could just be a kook and doesn't care if he goes to jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom