US Politics IV - Page 43 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #841
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 11:33 PM
It wouldn't necessarily have to be someone "higher" than him. It could simply be another heavy hitter who had committed more serious offences. Remember, Sessions was a senior official in the transition team, as was Priebus, Bannon, Kushner & Trump Jr.

Also, simply speaking to the Russians during the transition, in itself, wouldn't be a crime. It happens regularly during a transition that members of the incoming government would begin to forge relations with international actors. The issue is...what were they talking about? Was anything discussed or agreed to that was contrary to Federal law.

And it should be mentioned that "during the transition," by definition, is after the election. Which would seem to indicate that this is going places other than Trump "colluding" with the Russians to swing the election.
__________________

Nick66 is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #842
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,551
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Haha, yeah.

Reading stuff out on the interwebs, so pure speculation and could also be pure bullshit.

But the story going forward is that Trump leaves office, and starts his own party (could mean his own network which was talked about prior to the election) which would lean more nationalist than the GOP. So you'd get the really out there GOP like Roy Moore, and then your alt right leaning people.

Not sure what that would do to the current climate in politics, but is interesting to think about.

Again, pure speculation which is walking the line of bullshit
__________________

BEAL is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 02:29 PM   #843
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 11:33 PM
Yeah, it's hard to tell what is going on with this Flynn deal. The only thing I think we can say with reasonable certainty is that he's giving them good enough information, on an important enough person, so make such a deal worth it to the Government.

There could be charges for things that happened before election day and after. And it could end up that there's only process charges (i.e. obstruction, perjury, etc.)

I do think that if someone in Trump's family is facing indictment, including Kushner, he'll start letting the pardons fly.
Nick66 is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 02:34 PM   #844
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 05:33 PM
I find it hard to believe that Mueller would give away the farm to Flynn to nail Trump on the Logan Act.

There's more here. Lots more.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 12-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #845
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,521
Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
Yeah, it's hard to tell what is going on with this Flynn deal. The only thing I think we can say with reasonable certainty is that he's giving them good enough information, on an important enough person, so make such a deal worth it to the Government.

There could be charges for things that happened before election day and after. And it could end up that there's only process charges (i.e. obstruction, perjury, etc.)

I do think that if someone in Trump's family is facing indictment, including Kushner, he'll start letting the pardons fly.



This is why I’m told much of this will be done through New York State — forgive my lack of legal knowledge. The idea being that Trump can only pardon people of federal charges, not state charges.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #846
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 04:33 PM
If this twitter thread is accurate, then Flynn would only get this kind of sweetheart plea deal if he has compelling evidence to incriminate people higher up on the food chain. In his role as National Security Advisor that means just two people: the Vice President and President.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SethAbram...02442996813824
Diemen is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #847
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,728
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I think we're now on the 'When does Trump Fire Mueller?' watch
If Trump were smart, he'd resign as fast as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
And reports are coming out now that Jared made one of those decisions.

Kushner
Sessions
Pence
Trump

I think those are the remaining players that fall. Possibly Ivanka too
God, let's hope so. If all of those people wind up leaving office, I will do happy dances down my street.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #848
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
If Trump were smart, he'd resign as fast as possible.
We know he's not going to do that, though. His ego wouldn't permit it. Get prepared for some epic twitter meltdowns in the wee hours of the morning. It's a wonder his handlers have contained him enough that he hasn't already publicly stated he's firing Mueller.
Diemen is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #849
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
This is why I’m told much of this will be done through New York State — forgive my lack of legal knowledge. The idea being that Trump can only pardon people of federal charges, not state charges.
Eric Schneiderman.

Federal can't pardon State
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:25 PM   #850
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
This is why I’m told much of this will be done through New York State — forgive my lack of legal knowledge. The idea being that Trump can only pardon people of federal charges, not state charges.
That's right about the pardons, but the New York State thing was for Manafort (and as far asI know for things unrelated to the campaign), whose already been indicted by the Feds.
Nick66 is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:27 PM   #851
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,551
Local Time: 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
We know he's not going to do that, though. His ego wouldn't permit it. Get prepared for some epic twitter meltdowns in the wee hours of the morning. It's a wonder his handlers have contained him enough that he hasn't already publicly stated he's firing Mueller.
He might resign as some form of cooperation with the investigation. He'll probably take a plea deal like the rest of them. He'll be removed from office and then he'll start up his network and cry about how the Deep State took him down.
BEAL is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #852
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,728
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
We know he's not going to do that, though. His ego wouldn't permit it. Get prepared for some epic twitter meltdowns in the wee hours of the morning. It's a wonder his handlers have contained him enough that he hasn't already publicly stated he's firing Mueller.
Hence the "if he were smart" part .

I still think he could easily find a way to play a resignation in his favor-he knows his supporters would stand by him no matter what, so it's not like he'd have anything to lose there-but you're also quite right about his ego, too.

Whether it's by his own choice or through this investigation, though, hopefully this is a sign he'll be gone by the end of this year.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:39 PM   #853
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,521
Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Hence the "if he were smart" part .



I still think he could easily find a way to play a resignation in his favor-he knows his supporters would stand by him no matter what, so it's not like he'd have anything to lose there-but you're also quite right about his ego, too.



Whether it's by his own choice or through this investigation, though, hopefully this is a sign he'll be gone by the end of this year.



A man and movement wrongly imprisoned by smooth elites is a dynamite narrative from which to launch a TV network.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 03:53 PM   #854
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Eric Schneiderman.

Federal can't pardon State
The other issue is that every offense for which you are pardoned a priori, you can't assert your Fifth Amendment rights. So in a perverse way everyone he pardons could walk but then turn on him and send his ass to jail.
anitram is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #855
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
That's right about the pardons, but the New York State thing was for Manafort (and as far asI know for things unrelated to the campaign), whose already been indicted by the Feds.
The NYS thing is for Trump, when his inevitable money laundering indictment comes a calling.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 12-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #856
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 02:33 PM
I really have not been too invested in any of this, so I have no speculation where it ends.
It seems many of you think this could lead to the end of Trump’s Presidency.
If he has a one year presidency, looking back at the Trump Administration he will go out on a record of winning big league for America and the American people.
deep is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #857
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 11:33 PM
That's a different matter from Manfort's problems in NY though, which are related to his real estate and business activities.

Basically, the idea was that even if Trump pardoned Manafort on any potential Federal charges, New York could still put pressure on Manafort to cooperate with the Feds with threats of indictment on state charges, which obviously Trump can't protect him from.

I doubt New York is going the indicting the President of the United States. At least while he's in office. It's doubtful that the President can be prosecuted for a crime while in office (in fact he almost certainly can't be).

The remedy in a case like this is impeachment and removal from office. Then Trump would be subject to prosecution.
Nick66 is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #858
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,427
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I really have not been too invested in any of this, so I have no speculation where it ends.
It seems many of you think this could lead to the end of Trump’s Presidency.
If he has a one year presidency, looking back at the Trump Administration he will go out on a record of winning big league for America and the America people.
Oh deep

Never change.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 12-01-2017, 06:22 PM   #859
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 02:33 PM
I have been watching a lot of C-SPAN last couple days, the Senate channel.
This tax vote seems to be breaking down two ways, one side seems more concerned about collecting taxes and redistributing them, and the other side seems to be more concerned about letting citizens and businesses pay less with the hope that it will generate a stronger economy with more taxes collected on more earnings.
deep is offline  
Old 12-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #860
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Rum Tum Tugger is a Curious Cat...
Posts: 6,663
Local Time: 11:33 PM
You don't say.
__________________

Nick66 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×