so ... Mitt Romney.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're about morals, I think it does matter who your support is. If your support comes from these (as BVS correctly put it) "Christians," by name and not by practice, well, I consider that a lot worse than anything on the left.

U2isthebest said:

QFT, although the Christian Right is about far from a real evangelical as possible.

And about as far from Christian as possible, as well.

U2isthebest said:

QFT, although the Christian Right is about far from a real evangelical as possible.

Maybe you could go proselytize to them and show them the error of their ways?:sexywink:

dbs

phillyfan26 said:
Quite frankly, if I had evangelicals on my side, I'd probably think I made a mistake somewhere.

I wouldn't go so far as to paint all evangelicals as bad. But if Bob Jones is on your side, yeah, that statement stands.

Republican Mitt Romney accused Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama of urging terrorists to congregate in Iraq.

In the midst of criticizing Obama and other Democrats on foreign and economic policy Tuesday, the GOP presidential hopeful said:

"Actually, just look at what Osam — Barack Obama — said just yesterday. Barack Obama, calling on radicals, jihadists of all different types, to come together in Iraq. That is the battlefield. ... It's almost as if the Democratic contenders for president are living in fantasyland. Their idea for jihad is to retreat, and their idea for the economy is to also retreat. And in my view, both efforts are wrongheaded."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071023/ap_po/romney_obama;_ylt=AuzwZ15rH4vTq.ZTK2h0F_CyFz4D

"Actually, just look at what Osam — Barack Obama " :shocked:

You have GOT to be kidding me. There is no way in any universe that that "slip of the tongue" was anything but fully intentional. Ugh. That is so disgusting on so many levels.

sulawesigirl4 said:
"Actually, just look at what Osam — Barack Obama " :shocked:

You have GOT to be kidding me. There is no way in any universe that that "slip of the tongue" was anything but fully intentional. Ugh. That is so disgusting on so many levels.

True that. If it was intentional, he shot himself in the left foot. If it wasn't, he shot himself in the right foot.

Freudian slip, or parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory or physical action that is believed to be caused by the unconscious mind.

Some errors, such as a man accidentally calling his wife by the name of another woman, seem to represent relatively clear cases of Freudian slips. In other cases, the error might appear to be trivial or bizarre, but may show some deeper meaning on analysis.

I think it is very revealing.

I believe in his mind he may see Osama / and Obama as the enemy that must be stopped.

He does subscribe to the absolutes concept of thinking. Either a person is on the side of righteousness or they are not. It may be only a question of the smallest degree.

And it does not help that he has an association with a Religion that held Africans in a separate/ less worthy category until the late seventies, unfortunately this was the conditioning he received as a child and into adulthood.

deep said:

I believe in his mind he may see Osama / and Obama as the enemy that must be stopped.

He does subscribe to the absolutes concept of thinking. Either a person is on the side of righteousness or they are not. It may be only a question of the smallest degree.

And it does not help that he has an association with a Religion that held Africans in a separate/ less worthy category until the late seventies, unfortunately this was the conditioning he received as a child and into adulthood.

Good points.

deep said:

I don't believe he does subscribe to absolutes. His record as governor suggests otherwise. What I do believe is that he is portraying himself as someone who believes in absolutes to get the votes of the Christian right.

And that is far worse.

Diemen said:

I don't believe he does subscribe to absolutes.

The highest absolute

is that he is a righteous person

that is meant to be in a position of power for righteousness’ sake.

I believe Bush subscribes to a similar belief
therefore, any wrong doing by Libby or others to achieve righteous goals are justified.

Last edited:
"Your people"?

Oh well, he went to games over the summer and they still made it in spite of that fact.

I'm sure his throw will lean sufficiently to the right-and to a straight catcher.

Back
Top Bottom