Offensive/Sexist Comments By An Alabama Political Candidate? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-09-2002, 04:04 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life
 
FizzingWhizzbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: the choirgirl hotel
Posts: 12,614
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox


Please do not put words in my mouth, I did not call you unpatriotic.

45% of the people were for it, the state must be doing something wrong.

It did not take place until July 2003. Plenty of time to figure it out.

It meant property taxes and sales taxes go up.....Maybe hitting some of those more wealthy people you want to "Progressively" tax.

They are patriots...they want what our founding fathers wanted. How is England by the way?

Property tax and sales tax are the opposite of progressive taxation. They mean that poorer people pay proportionally more of their income in taxation. Progressive taxation is the opposite - richer people should pay proportionally more.

I didn't mean to imply you called me unpatriotic (although it wouldn't bother me if you had.) so sorry if that's the impression my comments gave.

Even if the tax didn't end until next July, what are you going to figure out in the next few months? Which schools and hospitals to close? Or how many firefighters to lay off?

And England's cold and rainy and has a puppet instead of a prime minster, but thanks for asking.
__________________

FizzingWhizzbees is offline  
Old 11-09-2002, 04:08 PM   #42
us3
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 165
Local Time: 07:49 AM
finally figured our how to post picts...no need to call that rocket scientist, older brother will do.

Quote:
Originally posted by us3



u might be on to something. ppl listening to the kennedy/nixon debate thought nixon won. TV viewers thought opposite.

Bono concurs....



diamond don't be jealous of her.
__________________

us3 is offline  
Old 11-09-2002, 04:10 PM   #43
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees


Property tax and sales tax are the opposite of progressive taxation. They mean that poorer people pay proportionally more of their income in taxation. Progressive taxation is the opposite - richer people should pay proportionally more
Wouldn't they since theoretically their property will be worth more? I am in no way shape or form an expert on taxes.

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees


I didn't mean to imply you called me unpatriotic (although it wouldn't bother me if you had.) so sorry if that's the impression my comments gave.
OK...You are unpatriotic.....said while laughing and with admiration.

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

Even if the tax didn't end until next July, what are you going to figure out in the next few months? Which schools and hospitals to close? Or how many firefighters to lay off?
We get taxed again Next spring....plenty of time to stay solvent for another year....into 2004.

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

And England's cold and rainy and has a puppet instead of a prime minster, but thanks for asking.
A puppet....LOL Controlled by who? GW?
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 11-09-2002, 04:44 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by us3
finally figured our how to post picts...no need to call that rocket scientist, older brother will do.

who is that "sexy" anyhow?
she doesnt look like a Nixon to me..

-diamond
diamond is offline  
Old 11-09-2002, 04:57 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,600
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Could that be the afore mentioned Laura Ingraham?










Yes, conseratives whoop and hollar!

Somebody will be breakin' out the lube.
deep is offline  
Old 11-09-2002, 05:05 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Could that be the afore mentioned Laura Ingraham?

She wrote a nice article about Bono like a yr and a half ago.
I wonder if Bono was giving payola for the sexy article?
Her hair color switch threw me..

DB9











Yes, conseratives whoop and hollar!

Somebody will be breakin' out the lube.
__________________

diamond is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×