MERGED--> Islam and violence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lester.jpg

:lmao:

Bashir, who denies any terrorist activities, did not elaborate.
That says it all right there.

If you deny the existence of evil, you can never elaborate on evil.

I know! Like, aren't religious fanatics, like, all religious and fanatic like?

Jerry Falwell re: 9/11 attacks: "...throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."

----------

On a different note: Mr. or Ms. Toscano: this is your third anti-Islamic thread of the week. Perhaps you can just make one super anti-Islamic thread and keep adding new stories to it.

I'm not a Moslem (devout athiest), but, man, give the anti-anti-anti-Islamic shit a rest.

Grand Mufti of Saudi - Violence is OK

"Saudi Arabia's most senior cleric also explained that war was never Islam's ancient founder, the prophet Mohammed's, first choice: "He gave three options: either accept Islam, or surrender and pay tax, and they will be allowed to remain in their land, observing their religion under the protection of Muslims." Thus, according to the Grand Mufti, the third option of violence against non-Muslims was only a last resort, if they refused to convert or surrender peacefully to the armies of Islam."

Maybe he's just another Islamophobe....

Full text here

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20460114-601,00.html

toscano, give it a rest. FYM is a discussion forum, not your personal blog on which to log without comment assorted random pieces of evidence supporting some implicit point of view. I am going to merge these and if you actually have some sort of argument you wish to articulate which people can respond to if they wish and get something resembling a discussion going, fine. But that is enough for now of creating multiple threads within a few days' time logging evidence on exactly the same topic. Thanks.

Judah said:

On a different note: Mr. or Ms. Toscano: this is your third anti-Islamic thread of the week. Perhaps you can just make one super anti-Islamic thread and keep adding new stories to it.

I'm not a Moslem (devout athiest), but, man, give the anti-anti-anti-Islamic shit a rest.

:up:

Hate is the new Christian way here in FYM...:|

Why? It is a very piercing look at the motives of the alleged spiritual leader of the Bali Bombings - which occured in 2002 before the war in Iraq and killed a lot of infidels sinning it up on a Hindu Island; unless the concessions like covering women up are made these religious minded guys won't stop.

What obligation is there to respect these madmen?

I find it absurd that we must treat Islam as a religion of peace just because Muslims say it's so (hardly an unbiased source) when we in the west have taken that label away from all of our religions because of the violence and terror that they managed to inflict.

Last edited:
Well. these are pretty accomplished madmen. They still insist women can't drive in Saudi Arabia and use every excuse in the book why they can't have this very basic right.

Sorry, but I am anti anti anti anti anybody from any sect that thrives on fear and violence. Religions, mafias, politicians: screw 'em.

Now I fear a carbomb on my way to work tomorrow morning.

A_Wanderer said:
Why? It is a very piercing look at the motives of the alleged spiritual leader of the Bali Bombings - which occured in 2002 before the war in Iraq and killed a lot of infidels sinning it up on a Hindu Island; unless the concessions like covering women up are made these religious minded guys won't stop.

What obligation is there to respect these madmen?

I find it absurd that we must treat Islam as a religion of peace just because Muslims say it's so (hardly an unbiased source) when we in the west have taken that label away from all of our religions because of the violence and terror that they managed to inflict.

The fact that certain radical adherents of a faith betray the peaceful tenets of that faith does not mean that the faith itself is not actually about peace. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone suggesting that since every major government that has been statedly atheist (as opposed to just secular--there is a difference) has had a history of violence and oppression that therefore means that all atheists are prone to violence and oppression or that atheism itself inherently creates violence and oppression.

Back
Top Bottom