How many of you,.... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-16-2003, 02:49 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Rono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 6,163
Local Time: 11:38 AM
How many of you,....

Americans whish that there will be a hugh terrorist attack here in Europe ? Two days ago there was a old fart senator telling ( off camera ofcourse ) to the reporter of www.novatv.nl that he wished a big attack will happen to Europe to turn the opinions about Iraq and the USA .


Nice going, maybe the CIA could help you out there.
__________________

Rono is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 03:08 AM   #2
Kid A
 
The Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Holy Roman Empire
Posts: 5,271
Local Time: 05:38 AM
almost as plausible as the german guy on tv today talking about how the Bush Administration wanted more terrorists attacks against the US so his popularity would be high for the 2004 elections
__________________

__________________
send lawyers, guns and money...
The Wanderer is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 08:08 AM   #3
Acrobat
 
Aine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: St.Petersburg,Russia
Posts: 332
Local Time: 10:38 AM
Re: How many of you,....

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
Two days ago there was a old fart senator telling ( off camera ofcourse ) to the reporter of www.novatv.nl that he wished a big attack will happen to Europe to turn the opinions about Iraq and the USA .



Aine is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 10:18 AM   #4
Refugee
 
follower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Porto Alegre/Brasil
Posts: 2,302
Local Time: 07:38 AM
You know, reading such disgusting comments like those reported by Rono and Wanderer makes me think I was born in the wrong planet.
follower is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,782
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by follower
You know, reading such disgusting comments like those reported by Rono and Wanderer makes me think I was born in the wrong planet.
No...it just reminds me why I will never vote Republican.

They are masters of deception, but, when backed into a corner, their close-minded bigotry rears its ugly head.

They have to do a lot more than put on a PR campaign for diversity...

Melon
melon is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 11:29 AM   #6
Refugee
 
follower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Porto Alegre/Brasil
Posts: 2,302
Local Time: 07:38 AM
Melon, just wanted to clarify that my previous reply has nothing to do with political parties. Although I have done my part in my own country, and helped to get Lula, our new leftist president, there at Planalto (our White House), so that our equivalent to your republicans or conservatives arenīt running the country nowadays. What I said is that itīs all about human nature and how we can turn ourselves into monsters sometimes. How come anybody can possibly want that a terrorist attack happens anywhere in the world to gain simpathy of others is beyond my comprehension.
follower is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 11:46 AM   #7
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,880
Local Time: 05:38 AM
I dont really like this thread. Kind of an offensively loaded question if ya ask me.

As most know Im not hugely in love with US leaders, but I would hazard to say that most if not all of our American friends on this board would never in a million years wish what this knucklehead said.

He certainly isnt representing the views of any interferencers Ive ever run into.

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


https://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 11:52 AM   #8
Kid A
 
The Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Holy Roman Empire
Posts: 5,271
Local Time: 05:38 AM
While I agree that Democrats are generally more tolerant, that should not be confused with being sympathetic, most politicians do not care about people, they are in the business of pandering to interest groups for money and votes. Democrats are just as deceptive and manipulative as Republicans; the two parties just go about their business differently.
__________________
send lawyers, guns and money...
The Wanderer is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 11:58 AM   #9
Refugee
 
follower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Porto Alegre/Brasil
Posts: 2,302
Local Time: 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
I dont really like this thread. Kind of an offensively loaded question if ya ask me.

As most know Im not hugely in love with US leaders, but I would hazard to say that most if not all of our American friends on this board would never in a million years wish what this knucklehead said.

He certainly isnt representing the views of any interferencers Ive ever run into.

I agree. I was refering to the people that supposedly said such bulls**t. (the senator from US and the german guy mentioned by Wanderer).
follower is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 01:34 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 05:38 AM
For some reason I cannot get the freaking page to load so I can find out which ass of a Senator said this.

Could someone please post the quote and the name of the quoted.

At last, something we can all agree on...eh?

PEACE
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 02:32 PM   #11
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Too Right!
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 02:54 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,596
Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
For some reason I cannot get the freaking page to load so I can find out which ass of a Senator said this.

Could someone please post the quote and the name of the quoted.

At last, something we can all agree on...eh?

PEACE

Dread, I got the site.

I think it is all in Dutch? language.

Could not translate, or find u s politian's name.

Rono,

I think most Americans do not wish any attacks on anyone.

However, some politicians are always calulating the benefits of any event.
deep is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 03:07 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 21,032
Local Time: 11:38 AM
incredible

I've never understood how people could wish such horror to others.

*edit* This was meant to be a reply to Rono's "how many of you..." thread, not a single thread. Mods please.
U2girl is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 03:16 PM   #14
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
I dont really like this thread. Kind of an offensively loaded question if ya ask me.

As most know Im not hugely in love with US leaders, but I would hazard to say that most if not all of our American friends on this board would never in a million years wish what this knucklehead said.

He certainly isnt representing the views of any interferencers Ive ever run into.


Gabriel speaks the truth as far as I'm concerned.
BAW is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 03:31 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,885
Local Time: 05:38 AM
I just want to know who allegedly said what to whom!
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 05:58 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
ILuvLarryMullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: in the sunshine
Posts: 6,904
Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
While I agree that Democrats are generally more tolerant, that should not be confused with being sympathetic, most politicians do not care about people, they are in the business of pandering to interest groups for money and votes. Democrats are just as deceptive and manipulative as Republicans; the two parties just go about their business differently.

ILuvLarryMullen is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 09:22 PM   #17
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,880
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I just want to know who allegedly said what to whom!
Ive been unable to find anything on it either, Dreadsox.

Guess we've been had by a good troll...



__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


https://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!


 



gvox is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 09:24 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 04:38 AM
i concur with gabrielvox, and do want to add that the original question stated in the thread is rather offensive. i honestly doubt that there are many americans waking up every morning thinking "so, did europe get obliterated yet?". and to insinuate that there are more than just this ass of a senator is a little bit sensitive.


we need to remember that americans are really in a new realm of life right now. people my age have never seen an america with a bad economy, or lived in a country that was taking initiative on something and had its allies not agree with its actions. it's completely foreign to us, so sorry if i seem new to the concept.

a concept that i don't consider foreign is lying politicians. there are some extremely right politicians whose ideals fall in the same vein as a white make in the mid-nineteenth century. yes, it's archaic and wrong. but their p.r is gorgeous and since not many american voters look too closely at what their candidates actually believe in, people like strom thurmond get elected for 100 years straight. it's disappointing, i know, but it's what we've got right now.
Lilly is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 09:50 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
i concur with gabrielvox, and do want to add that the original question stated in the thread is rather offensive. i honestly doubt that there are many americans waking up every morning thinking "so, did europe get obliterated yet?". and to insinuate that there are more than just this ass of a senator is a little bit sensitive.

we need to remember that americans are really in a new realm of life right now. people my age have never seen an america with a bad economy, or lived in a country that was taking initiative on something and had its allies not agree with its actions. it's completely foreign to us, so sorry if i seem new to the concept.

very well said shannon. and i agree completely. i can't imagine any american wishing a 9/11 scenario on anyone. true this senator is an asshole but that doesn't mean his sentiments are shared by the average american citizen.

we really need to watch the generalizations we throw around here in fym. besides being hurtful, they are often not based in any sort of reality.
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 11:45 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
meegannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Norwich, England
Posts: 15,798
Local Time: 10:38 AM
I've heard the same thing from some Americans.

I should add, though, that that's not the sentiment of the majority of Americans.
__________________

meegannie is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright ÂĐ Interference.com
×