a question for catholics - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2001, 08:05 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Because I dont go to church as often as I should.
SG,
This may sound strange coming from me, but I'm not exactly fond of church. I have a hard time paying attention to sermons, no matter how good the preacher. I go regularly, out of a sense of obligation and also because of the Bible verse "Do not forsake the assembling of the saints". However, in my opinion, that could also include a small Bible study of friends, not necessarily "church".
But my point here is this. Don't get bogged down by church attendance. Salvation isn't based on anything you do, anyway. Anything any of us can ever do would not be enough to earn our way into God's good graces. Salvation is a free gift. Do you believe that Christ is the Son of God who died and rose to set you free? Have you confessed your sin and asked forgiveness, and invited Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of your life? If so, then you are a Christian, no matter what denomination you are, and you have the power of the Holy Spirit within you to live for you and guide you in the path which God would have you go.
-Mike