...I had an officially weird dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelordevil

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
A couple of nights ago I had the weirdest dream. It was filled with images of the future and aging family members like my mother and grandmother. I woke from these images with a deeply profound thought, a sentence that was filled with deep wisdom and insight...this is what my mind was telling me anyway! The only problem is, I was too lazy to write it down.

After not being able to locate a pen and piece of paper, I drifted off to sleep. I got a second chance to write this down about an hour later when, once again, I woke from my sleep. Also once again, I drifted off, too lazy to write the words down.:|

I did retain a fragment of this thought in the morning. It went something like this: "The greatest heroes in life are those who see life's current miseries and think about the ones to come, yet persevere anyway."

I find the fact that I was too damn lazy to write this supposedly life-altering thought down the most interesting part!:scratch:

Last edited:
But I hate it when that happens.... I have dreams so rarely these days, sometimes I get something amazing, and I always try to have something close by. I' malways writing somehitn or making notes anyways.

Good luck with figuring out what sort of meaning you will assign to all of this.

For Honor said:
But I hate it when that happens.... I have dreams so rarely these days, sometimes I get something amazing, and I always try to have something close by. I' malways writing somehitn or making notes anyways.

Good luck with figuring out what sort of meaning you will assign to all of this.

Thanks! I think I should invest in a big spiral notebook, just in case I have another "moment." :wink:

I'm sure my dog thought I was crazy when I woke up like that...she usually sleeps at the end of the bed. On the other hand, she may be getting used to this crazy behaviour at night. A few weeks ago, I woke up, yelling "Coco are you ok???" while feeling her tiny chest for signs of a pulse...seems I was having a dream--or nightmare--about her suffocating under the blankets.
:rolleyes:

I had one dream, where, for the first time in my life I thought I was like going to die. It was very scary...

It wasn't a dream
It was me, laying on my bed by the window, just like normal
I head this huge mechanical, metal pounding
Like giant huge things smashing
ANd it was getting closer and closer, like a slow cruching of tank, but thousands times louder and stronger and sharper
And there were these sirens withit
That were getting louder and louder, emergency sirens
Painful noises
ANd the pounding, the noise
Was getting faster
And it was getting closer and closer to me

And the freaky part was
Througouht the whole thing
I couldn't move
not even my eyes, just...
I was paralyzed
ANd I was like "I gotta get out of here!!!!"
But I couldn't move
ANd the mechanical noise was getting louder and louder
My whole house was shaking
And then

It got to the point where
I was shaking
My head, with every movement closer, shook
Violently
But I still was paralyzed

Slowly, after realizing I might die
The mechanical noises receded
ANd so did the blaring sirens
And I slowly was getting movement back in my hands
And head. And I could begin to move

But I was left
With this horrible feeling that
Whatever that "thing" was
It wasn't after me
It was after someone I loved
And it was going after them

------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, that was a pretty upsetting way to wake up.
And the thing was, I didn't realize I drifted off to sleep. Or maybe I never did, and it was one of those weird limbo things

But I woke up so worried
My heart was racing
And I was really concerned for someone.
I realized it was a 'dream' soon after, but it was something I didn't like feeling.................

angelordevil, that has happened to me once. I had this dream and I wrote a few lines of a song in my dream, and I woke up remembering the lines but I figured I would write them down in the morning. I remember thinking 'I can't believe I thought of these amazing lyrics' but then when I woke up I remembered what happened and I couldn't remember the lyrics:| So now I keep a pen and paper next to my bed hoping that I will dream something up again! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom