ZOO TV vs POPMART

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
I started listening few days ago some zoo tv and popmart bootlegs and i want to know which had better music.
Not lights, stage design or whatever, purely music.
These songs(more or less) were played on both tours:
EBTTRT-Popmart
MW-zoo tv
One-popmart
UTEOTW-popmart
New year's day-zoo tv
Bullet-zoo tv
Streets-popmart
WOWY-zoo tv
Pride-zoo tv
(I didn't include All i want is you, Bad and Still haven't found because they were better on lovetown and sond the same to me on both; and Desire because it was acoustic)

Zoo tv-5
Popmart-4

what do you think had better versions?
If i've missed some songs, let me know.

ZOO Tv set-list was perfect in every way , no bad stuff in 92 or 93
bootlegs from that era are almost all good , band is in top shape

popmart was a logic sequel to zootv theme , however band really became sad about not reaching their main audience , dropped few good songs , added SBS , became very insecure and too political , they should have done arena tour or maybe even the clubs , but cash cow blows hard i guess
bootlegs from popmart are very much lifeless , static set-list
that bein said , the song list was awesome
bone shoulve kept that mohawk too

Zoo TV all the way...with the lone exception of Stay. I prefer the Popmart full band version to the Zoo acoustic version.

miss becky said:
Zoo TV all the way...with the lone exception of Stay. I prefer the Popmart full band version to the Zoo acoustic version.

Uh ... Stay was played full band on ZooTV, totally omitted from Popmart, and performed acoustically on Elevation.

Axver said:

Uh ... Stay was played full band on ZooTV, totally omitted from Popmart, and performed acoustically on Elevation.

D'oh! Yep, I was thinking of Elevation. *facepalm*

Well, my only two cents on this (atm) is that Popmart Streets is great! All techno-ed up with the extending ending...mega cool. It sure whips the Vertigo Streets.

EBTTRT-Popmart
MW-ZooTV
One-ZooTV
UTEOTW-popmart
New year's day-ZooTV
Bullet-Popmart
Streets-popmart
WOWY-Popmart
Pride-Popmart

Popmart wins for me.

I got a Zoo TV Live in Sydney DVD and it kicks alot of ass... the band was definately in amazing shape. I havent seen Popmart, so I can't comment :sad:

Back
Top Bottom