Wynona Ryder busted for shoplifting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
Unbelievable! Why on earth is a succesful Hollywood actress shoplifting from a Sak's Fifth Avenue? In Beverly Hills of all places! You'd think she could easily afford to buy whatever she wants without sinking to this level. What a loser! Pay for your stuff like the rest of us Wynona!
Wasn't Winona (along with Courtney Love), also involved in a fight recently inside the heart at a recent U2 show?
http://entertainment.msn.com/news/eonline/121401_winona.asp

Reality bites, indeed: Actress Winona Ryder has been arrested for allegedly shoplifting items from a Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills.
The 30-year-old star of Girl, Interrupted (and, yes, Reality Bites) was picked up by Beverly Hills police at around 7 p.m. Wednesday after security guards at the Wilshire Boulevard store purportedly nabbed her during a five-finger shopping spree.

Ryder was arrested and booked on charges of grand theft and possessing pharmaceutical drugs without a prescription. (It's not known exactly what kind of drugs or Saks merchandise she was allegedly caught with.) The actress was released from custody just after 11:30 p.m., after posting $20,000 bail.

Despite the criminal run-in, Beverly Hill cops described Ryder as "very friendly, polite, cooperative" and "a nice lady." (Even behind bars, she's just too cute!)

Reps for Ryder declined comment Thursday afternoon, pending a statement from the actress. She's due to be arraigned January 11 in Beverly Hills Superior Court.

Lately, the elfin starlet has been better known for her rotating list of rock star boyfriends than recent film roles. While she's never had a problem picking out musical talent (beaus have included Beck, Ryan Adams, Dave Pirner of Soul Asylum and the not-quite-musical Matt Damon), the actress has had a little less luck with big-screen choices like Autumn in New York and Lost Souls.

Her film credits include 1988's Beetlejuice, The Age of Innocence and Little Women (which scored her back-to-back Oscar nominations in 1994 and '95) and Alien Resurrection. She also executive produced and starred inGirl, Interrupted, which helped launch costar Angelina Jolie from pouty-lipped unknown to Oscar-winning A-lister.

Of course, you'd think that if Ryder had learned anything from her Reality Bites role, it would be that the best way to score free stuff is by using your father's gas station credit card. But we digress.

[This message has been edited by U2ITNOL (edited 12-13-2001).]

It is low, but I think Winona is great. She's one of my favorite actresses. It is definitely too bad that she even considered doing something like this, though.

If you flame me for liking Winona, I'll bring out the Sexual Harrassment Panda to bite your head off!
mad.gif

~Melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

Back
Top Bottom