WORST song survivor: passengers (round two)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

please vote OFF your favourite song.

• united colours

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • slug

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • always forever now

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • a different kind of blue

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • beach sequence

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • ito okashi

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • one minute warning

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • corpse (these chains are way too long)

• elvis ate america

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • plot 180

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • theme from the swan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • theme from let's go native

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
last round had your blue room and miss sarajevo getting the boot.

full results:
united colours: 0
slug: 4
your blue room: 27
always forever now: 0
a different kind of blue: 1
beach sequence: 0
miss sarajevo: 27
ito okashi: 0
one minute warning: 0
corpse (these chains are way too long): 0
elvis ate america: 0
plot 180: 0
theme from the swan: 0
theme from let's go native: 2

the rules are pretty easy. this is for worst song U2 survivor. this means you vote OFF your FAVOURITE song. the goal here is to see what is the least-liked U2 song for each album, and narrow it down to least-liked song ever.

ROUND TWO (PASSENGERS):
- united colours
- slug
- always forever now
- a different kind of blue
- beach sequence
- ito okashi
- one minute warning
- corpse (these chains are way too long)
- elvis ate america
- plot 180
- theme from the swan
- theme from let's go native

you are to vote based on the studio version of that particular song. do not vote based on how it sounds live or how it sounded remixed.

timing of the poll: there are so many rounds, it really makes sense to keep each individual round as a timed ONE day poll. when we get to the end of each round, the final poll will last two days, to give more people a chance to vote.

ties will be broken by eliminating both songs from the poll UNLESS we are in the top five. even if there are three tied, all three will be eliminated. any more of a tie (four-way tie, etc.), then we will have a tiebreaker round.

also, when we get down to the final round (the winner of each previous round going against each other), these polls will last two days. the same tiebreaking rules apply.

remember, vote for what you consider to be the strongest song, or your favourite. this competition is to determine the WORST U2 song.

Slug!

That word usually isn't said with such excitement either.

Slug. I'm down to this and Elvis Ate America that I know without having to put on the CD.

Anybody for "Beach Sequence" being added to the third leg setlist? :scratch:

Quick idea for those who want to move on to Pop quicker - next round, just get 11 people to vote for one song each - then they all get voted off at once and it's on to Pop - i know this won't happen, but it's an idea for those who don't want to wait 13 more days before we get to Pop (people like me! the sooner this gets out of the way, the sooner Pop can get out of the way, the sooner we get to ATYCLB!)

the only 2 songs i know off the album were voted off first :( so to be different with what everyone else is saying im gonna vote for.......... a different kind of blue, passengers is the only album i haven't got :(

Listened to Passengers today again.

IMO should go
NOW - Slug
then
1. Beach seq
2. Corpse
3. Ito Okashi
4. Elvis Ate America
5. theme from lets go native
6. One Minute Warning
7.Always forever now

the other 3 instrumentals kinda suck, but A different kind of blue is worse than all of them and so should 'win' the passengers round.

i voted for always forever now because i THINK i've listened to it and i THINK i sorta remember how it goes and i THINK i liked it...

maybe i should go listen to this album before voting the next round.

I'm surprised at just how overlooked and ignored Passengers is even amongst diehard U2 fans.

I, for one, love the album.

I've never heard this album.. so I'm selling my vote to whoever anwers to this reply

The only ones I've heard and they both got the boot in the forst round...

let the bargain begin :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom