why did the sky turn dark so quickly during elevation on the milan dvd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Man said:
seriously, when the song starts it's daylight, and 5 minutes afterwards everything is completely dark. seems a little weird.

You have to keep in mind that Milan is a lot more south (= closer to the equator) than Denmark. The sun does go down much quicker there.
Plus probably some other factors as others have mentioned (sun barely over the horizon before the song and just below the horizon after, etc.).

Pictures coming:
Beginning of Elevation:
Elevation1.png

And end of elevation:
Elevation2.png

Sunset does seem to come too fast in Milan!

Well, there's isnt THAT much difference (maybe a few seconds)0 between the sunsets over two different nights so the fact that the shows were filmed over two different nights is not the reason it gets dark so fast because the shows both started at the same time, and (something I remember as I type this) the Elevation from the first night wasnt even filmed because the generator the crew was using broke down from the middle of Electric co. to Sometimes. So that Elevation is all from the second show.

It skips a load of songs to ISHFWILF so I recon there's a possibility they mixed the last few shots in (the shots gump posted) were from the time in between Elevation and ISHFWILF to make the change in darkness between the songs more realistic.

Or maybe the sun sets really fast in Milan, I dont know.

Doesn't everyone know by now that Bono's powers are omniscient - He has power over everything, freakin' show off.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom