Who else has taken a break from it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I like the new album but haven't listened to it in a while now. Just not in the mood for it. Maybe after seeing them live on May 18th, I'll give it a spin again.

I listen to the occasional song every now and then...but my desire to listen to the "ALBUM" was gone by December of last year. Some great songs, but I just don't wanna' sit through what I consider a good deal of tripe, especially later on in the sequencing.

Haven't been listening to it that much either recently. I've been too busy listening to some great U2 bootlegs of earlier stuff I bought recently in Prague.

i still continue to listen to it, i think it will go on until i buy some new stuff.................i'm waiting mostly for the new dream theater's album "octavarium", it will be out in june.......so until then i'll listen still to the atomic bomb!

I didn't listen to it much really since it came out. Tried to like it for some time, but then I quitte... It's not my cup of tea, I guess. And I don't think it's a good cup of tea at all! Oh well, I like the new Live-Vertigo-Stories For Boys and other new bootlegs, so that will keep me busy for a while!

Catman said:
I'm listening to "All Because of You" right now :dancing:

Not me !!!! "ABOY" and "Crumbs From Your Table" are two songs that are "skipped" when I play HTDAAB !!
If you like "ABOY" then good for you ...
but I myself don't like that song ... and NEVER WILL !!
:madspit: :madspit:

As for U2 music ... I could NEVER take a "break" from playing it !!
I listen to it ALL the time ... The older classics and the new stuff ...
I'm getting "psyched" for more shows to see next month !!
:drool: :drool:

still on:

Miracle Drug
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species
Yahweh (alt.) (no idea why)

occasional:
Vertigo
Love & Peace Or Else

off:
SYCMIOYO (Due to Virgin's excessive radio play. Without as much travelling to do, it may return)
All Because Of You
A Man And A Woman
One Step Closer
Crumbs From Your Table

Still playing it here and there, kind of got off it a little when the bootlegs of the new tour came out.

Still a great album though :wink:

I've been listening to it off and on for months now. Although I have to say my least favorite songs are ABOY and A Man and A Woman.

I don't think I could ever get sick of "City of Blinding Lights." That song's awesome. :D

i don't listen to the BOMB these days. i'm rather into POP at the moment. its funny but after 7 years of bashing POP, i discover how interesting and beautiful this album sounds now. but i still think, that i never will become a friend of Discotheque.

I've not listened to the full album in about a month. I listened to certain tracks here and there on a long flight to Japan but I've been trying to get some distance from the CD for awhile.

We need to see other people

been listening to the quality live performances of bombs songs :), still a fricking brilliant album and in my mind always will be

I still listen to it in between the other 750 U2 songs/performances I've got....

Once you see the show, you will appreciate "Bomb" in a whole new way.

"Yahweh" will actually begin to sound good.

"OOTS" will become your favorite song.

Still Lovin' HTDAAB.

Finally got around to listen to some older albums ...As I'm more of a 87-Current Fan......I listen to to Boy-UF rareley.

Most of the songs I listen to all the time, except for Yahweh, A Man and a Woman, and Original of the Species. Those 3 aren't my favorites.

not me...still whizzes around my cd player on a near daily basis...

Zootlesque said:
I like the new album but haven't listened to it in a while now. Just not in the mood for it. Maybe after seeing them live on May 18th, I'll give it a spin again.

jacobus said:
i don't listen to the BOMB these days. i'm rather into POP at the moment. its funny but after 7 years of bashing POP, i discover how interesting and beautiful this album sounds now. but i still think, that i never will become a friend of Discotheque.

The reason is you have discovered that U2 were making music that was a bit different then. Unlike now and just rehashing old song ideas mainly from the 80's.

I haven't listened to the Bomb in a while just cos it ain't that good. I do most of my music listening in the car and have all U2 albums on one cd and soon start skipping the bomb tracks and get to the good and exciting stuff......POP, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire etc

rjhbonovox said:

The reason is you have discovered that U2 were making music that was a bit different then. Unlike now and just rehashing old song ideas mainly from the 80's.

I haven't listened to the Bomb in a while just cos it ain't that good. I do most of my music listening in the car and have all U2 albums on one cd and soon start skipping the bomb tracks and get to the good and exciting stuff......POP, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire etc

Back and as predictable as ever. Never change.

I like listening to the Bomb. I don't really skip the tracks when I do listen to it (okay, except maybe Vertigo & ABOY sometimes). But you gotta admit that it's a re-hash of their classic sound for the most part. I agree with rjbonovox there.

Back
Top Bottom