who does not care much for, SLANE dvd? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2003, 08:40 AM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:17 AM
who does not care much for, SLANE dvd?

im just seeing if others feel this way.

i would much, much prefer ZOOTV or(pop mart) but zootv for sure.

other than out of control, the rest of the show is alright. i have been watching the cbs slane broadcast and i just skip through 80% of the songs. its a big place but it just does not kick arss.ex rattle and hum dvd kicks big time arss. and i like boston dvd too.

how do you feel.(i know most of you cant wait to get your little hands on this )

oh and they cut out mysterious ways why did edge fuck up the little solo in out of control, it does not sound right
(listen to the album or any earliery version)

why did not you pension for ZOOTV dam you.

rattle&hum is my fave u2 dvd (it kicks arss and bonos voice is perfect)

Old 09-26-2003, 09:35 AM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:17 PM
i want all three... zoo-tv, popmart and slane. i have no problem with the slane show being released 'cause it'll finally give us a complete (almost) elevation show on DVD. yeah they cut out one song, but on the boston dvd they cut out like 6 or 7. but i do agree with you that i'd really like to see a released of the zoo-tv or pop-mart shows on dvd... in fact, i'll go ya' one step further... let's get the UABRS red rocks show on DVD! now THAT would truely rock

Old 09-26-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 11:17 AM
Well, I just basically buy everything U2 releases so I'll definitely buy Slane as soon as it is released.

But I do know it is really nothing new, just U2 playing some ATYCLB songs and butchered versions of their back catalogue of songs.

I'd rather have them release UABRS on DVD. Ditto for ZooTV and Popmart. But if they really wanted a hometown crowd, they could have released the Point Depot `89 shows, they were more special and I think they were captured on film.

Cheers,

J
Old 09-26-2003, 10:45 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 11:17 PM
i'd prefer ZooTV and PopMart on DVD, however since i have already seen those shows and not the Slane concert I have no problems w/ Slane coming out on DVD at all.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:06 AM   #5
Refugee

Local Time: 07:17 PM
The Slane DVD is going to be tight. I am so looking foward to it.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:31 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

I'm fine with the Slane DVD. Popmart and Zootv have already been release, if you want them on DVD, you can always make one. I do, however, have an obsession with PopMex so you'll NEVER find me complaining if they release that on DVD.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:57 AM   #7
Refugee

Wait, isn't the Mexico Popmart already on DVD?? I swear I've seen DVD on sale in shops.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:21 PM   #8
Blue Meth Addict

I'm not extremely pumped for it, considering I already have an Elevation show on DVD. The location of the concert is cool I guess though, I'm sure I'll probably buy it regardlesslly.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:31 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

i'm looking forward to it, but there are other things i'm looking forward to more. like, oh say the new album, maybe?

Quote:
Wait, isn't the Mexico Popmart already on DVD?? I swear I've seen DVD on sale in shops.
i've seen it on stores on VCD, maybe that's what you mean? with a huge wanring saying it may not work in all DVD players...and costing 40 bucks
Old 09-26-2003, 12:31 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I'am excited in that I think Slane II is a better performance than the Boston Elevation DVD. Plus it was a monumental show in U2's career. I would prefer Slane 1 but they didnt have the extra production crew there for that one obviously.

Regarding the back catalog. Zoo TV in Sydney is "suppose" to be released eventually. Rumor has it though that Mexico City Popmart is not going to be released on DVD. Personally, I would rather they release the Santiago 98 or Sao Paolo 98 broadcasts on DVD over Mexico City. I think they are stronger performances and better setlists. But I would take any of the three. In the meantime though you can always get the excellent bootleg DVD's of all three.

If UABRS is ever put to DVD, which I think will happen eventually. My wish would be that they release the entire show. Now THAT would be cool. And if we are really dreaming, how about a DVD of the full uncut final Tempe show from Joshua Tree and/or the Dublin 89 New Years show!! Those would be my ultimate DVDs. Wont happen, but it is feasible as the footage does exist.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:51 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
I'am excited in that I think Slane II is a better performance than the Boston Elevation DVD. Plus it was a monumental show in U2's career. I would prefer Slane 1 but they didnt have the extra production crew there for that one obviously.

Regarding the back catalog. Zoo TV in Sydney is "suppose" to be released eventually. Rumor has it though that Mexico City Popmart is not going to be released on DVD. Personally, I would rather they release the Santiago 98 or Sao Paolo 98 broadcasts on DVD over Mexico City. I think they are stronger performances and better setlists. But I would take any of the three. In the meantime though you can always get the excellent bootleg DVD's of all three.

you stole the words right out of my mouth, Santiago would be simply amazing. so much more energy and emotion!

i also agree that Slane was a better performance than Boston.

to be completely honest, i didn't get the chills when i watched the Boston DVD, with the exception of the camera located in the middle of the heart, which was missing more songs than the DVD was! watching Boston, i just didn't feel the magic that i felt when i saw the band in chicago, and even Milwaukee. not saying U2 played a bad show in Boston. it's just that the producer didn't do the job right. he didn't capture feeling to be in the crowd well enough.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:29 PM   #12
Refugee

the boston DVD sucked. never been disappionted by U2 until the release of this performance. the boston performance came of as fake, the slane performance was better, but not by much. glad i didn't go to the show when it came to town.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:51 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

I'm happy they're releasing it, and I'm still hoping for ZOOTV, UABRS and The UF Collection!
Old 09-26-2003, 03:05 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Personally, I would rather they release the Santiago 98 or Sao Paolo 98 broadcasts on DVD over Mexico City. I think they are stronger performances and better setlists.
OMG! Yes! I can't believe I forgot Santiago! I would vote for that.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:01 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I watched Slane on TV and I can't say it exactly knocked my socks off. I preferred the Boston concert. I'll still probably get it because I'm a completist to the bone.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:24 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bunbury
The Slane DVD is going to be tight. I am so looking foward to it.

Me also!
Old 09-26-2003, 09:18 PM   #17
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by jick
I'd rather have them release UABRS on DVD. Ditto for ZooTV and Popmart.
I totally agree! And while they're at it, release Best Of 1980-1990 Videos on DVD! It's only on VHS, which nobody around here sells anymore, the ones I've seen listed on eBay are the wrong format, and dammit, I want to see the older videos on a format that won't be eaten by the machine!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to go off like that. But that really annoyed me. It would've been better if they'd released all the vids on one 2 DVD set, like Bruce Springsteen did with his, but hey, why do things the easy way?
Old 09-26-2003, 09:39 PM   #18
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
i'd prefer ZooTV and PopMart on DVD, however since i have already seen those shows and not the Slane concert I have no problems w/ Slane coming out on DVD at all.
I completely agree. I'd love to have the older stuff on DVD with maybe even some "extras," but I'll take what I can get. I'll have no problem spending money on this DVD the day it's released.
Old 09-26-2003, 11:32 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

glad i didn't go to the show when it came to town.

Don't think I could ever say this. Just my opinion though.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:25 AM   #20
War Child

Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
I want the Slane DVD, but there was already an Elevation DVD so I'm surprised they didn't put out something else. Best of 80-90 is a good idea because then the PLEBA girls could make more stills It should include secret and extra things like 90-00!