Which album should I get next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XHendrix24

Refugee
Alright, alright. I'm sorry in advance for making another thread like this (I know there are probably a few around here), but I desperately need new U2. So far, I only have the Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, HTDAAB, ATYCLB, and the Unforgettable Fire.

Obviously, I'm looking to expand my U2 collection further, and I'll probably end up buying another album tonight. So, the question is, which one to get. I was thinking either Zooropa or Pop (leaning towards Zooropa, since I absolutely love most of the songs that I've heard from it, especially Lemon and Numb), but I'd like to hear a few other fans' opinions, since I'm a poor student and want to spend my limited funds are carefully as possible. :wink:

Anyway, can anyone help me out here? :huh:

Last edited:
Second that. "Boy" is their debut so its important to have it, and I love it. Has really grown on me, it sounds so different and Edge's guitar playing :drool:

I'm a huge Pop fan. I love Zooropa too, but Pop is the most dynamic and unique U2 album. The album starts off as a "dance" record then evolves to rock then to some of U2's most expermental music ever (Miami, Velvet) then closes with 2 of U2's most political tunes (Please, Wake Up Dead Man). It has a bit of everything and was a considered a failure by critics but is highly respected by the U2 community.

I say Pop but you can't go wrong with either. Plus its Friday and what better way to kickoff the weekend than with Discotheque :wink:

I'd say Zooropa. Judging by the differing responses you're probably going to end up more confused than ever.

financeguy said:
I'd say Zooropa. Judging by the differing responses you're probably going to end up more confused than ever.

It appears so, doesn't it? :wink:

Anyways, keep the thoughts coming, people. I appreciate all of your responses, no matter how confusing they might end up making me in the end. :yes:

Buy War - it's the album that has the first classic U2 songs, it broke them out of the anonimity and Bono really begins to shine out as the singer/lyricist.

U2girl said:
Buy War - it's the album that has the first classic U2 songs, it broke them out of the anonimity and Bono really begins to shine out as the singer/lyricist.

You dont consider I Will Follow a classic?

Get POP. Plain and simple answer. Mofo will blow your momma and yo grandmomma too.

U2girl said:

I agree, War is a must have. I'm almost tempted to call it the third classic. It's my third or fourth favourite U2 album (after JT, AB, and maybe HTDAAB). It's WAY superior to Boy, although I agree Boy is crucial because it's the first.

You need to get them all anyways! They are all so unique, I really think every single U2 album is amazing. They just never put out a crap album.

But War is pure raw energy, so direct and emotional.

POP or WAR...... very different but both great!!!

or you can do something else.... buy all of them!!! In order...

1. Boy
2. October
3. War
4. Rattle and hum
5. Zooropa
6. POP

and then if you still have some dollars, buy The Passengers.....

and then The Million Dollar Hotel.......

and then you're the happiest person on Earth!!!:wink:

War

it is a must have album

after that, I would say Rattle and Hum, but I would be in the minority there.

Between Pop and Zooropa, I would take Zooropa

You can't go wrong with Pop or Zooropa.

Zooropa is a better album, in my opinion, but it doesn't have any songs that are meant for cranking up your speakers -- Pop does.

Zooropa and Pop are both great choices, but if you are looking for some variety, get either War or Boy. You have nothing in your collection from the early 80s yet.

As much as I'm crazy about Pop, I would say War. You don't have anything from their post punk era and War is the best of the first 3 albums followed by Boy, in my opinion.

XHendrix24 said:
So far, I only have the Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, HTDAAB, ATYCLB, and the Unforgettable Fire.
:ohmy:
You must get them all. You really need to have BOY and WAR (indispensable) and October and The Unforgettable Fire (as soon as you can).
Pop or Zooropa you ask? I love them both, but I'd tell would you to buy Pop (after buying Boy and War).
:wink:

Whilst Zooropa is a decent album with a couple of gems I would be hard pushed to seperate War, Boy and Pop. I would probably go with Pop as there's some really dark lyrics there. I think it might depend on what phase of U2 you like best so far if you prefer Actung Baby over the Joshua Tree I would urge you towards Pop, if you prefer the Joshua Tree I would urge you towards War and if All That You Can't Leave Behind is your favourite I would urge towards Boy. Just my opinion before I get lept on.

One more thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is that I don't think it would be bad idea if you got a feel for the band live and Under A Blood Red Sky is genuinely superb.

Back
Top Bottom